Will he contact me?

babs

My situation is with an ex that I was on/off with. He now has a gf and when I found out, I sent him a letter telling him my true feelings for him and that basically it was best that we never speak again. He never responded. Problem though, we during the summer months work together.

I am now going on a well earned vacation till feb 18. I have a feeling that he will contact me again and that is my question. There is a lot of history and feelings between us and it wouldnt be shocking that we end up together again.

The chart shows an applying aspect in trine to me and him, jupiter and mercury meaning he will contact me. also his sign. conjucts moon... which makes me think that he will want to rekindle his feeling for me. mercury, me being in the 6th house in sag suggests i am hurting and want out.

i think there will be contact from his side... but i may not choose to respond. also the moon is taurus is in a good position.

can someone see what they see... and if any of my interpretation is wrong, please correct.

babs

Attachments

• astro_2gw_235_will_he_contact_me_by_feb_18_hr.64790.19818.gif
    astro_2gw_235_will_he_contact_me_by_feb_18_hr.64790.19818.gif
    50 KB · Views: 58

tootsie

Hey, Your chart is in late degrees. But if we turn the chart I show Mercury conj. his ac. Maybe, you will go to see him.
T

misskitty

It is probably in later degrees because she has asked multiple questions about this same situation, that is a common result of doing that. This is the 3rd chart since December. SN is also close to the Ascendant. This chart is probably not reliable.

Babs, you mentioned the trine, but that is an out of sign aspect. The Moon applies to the Sun. That is the aspect to watch. YOU might attempt to contact him again.

Also, why would he contact you if you specifically told him that it was best that you never speak again? You don't need a horary to contemplate that. Further, why would we want to interpret a chart if you wouldn't care to respond if he contacted you anyway? That falls dangerously close to idle curiosity (http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_questions.html).

You said you would work together in the summer. I would advise to wait until closer to the summer to ask another question, if it is still pertinent to you. Sometimes everyone needs a break from horary to let the situation breathe.

Last edited:

tootsie

Thanks for responding MissKitty....I guess I know now why I couldn't get a feel for the chart. .....And I will keep an eye out for that south node & keep in mind late degrees.
Tootsie

misskitty

Thanks for responding MissKitty....I guess I know now why I couldn't get a feel for the chart. .....And I will keep an eye out for that south node & keep in mind late degrees.
Tootsie

No problem. The chart isn't "technically" late since it isn't 27 degrees or more, but it is dangerously close, and with that SN adding even more uncertainty it just makes very cautious about its reliability.

dr. farr

As you know, for me the SN in the ascending sign in horary makes (I believe) the chart indications unreliable for delineation, so (if you were asking me to delineate the chart) I would say, re-ask this question in a few days.

babs

thanks everyone,

i guess my interpretations are wrong in that case, didn't know about sn.

this person is still in my heart and its a horrible situation to be in.

babs

SagiCap

Babs, you mentioned the trine, but that is an out of sign aspect. The Moon applies to the Sun. That is the aspect to watch. .

Where would you suggest is the best place to find orb rules? ie: How many degrees - traditional methods?

Thanks,
S

misskitty

I was going off of this:

Evasion

Evasion occurs when two significators are in applying aspect, but before their aspect can be perfected, the receiving significator changes signs, thus evading the perfection and denying the desired outcome.

Abu Mash'ar and al-Biruni call this evasion. Bonatti, Dariot and Lilly name it frustration. Abu Mash'ar stipulates that the significator changing signs must then aspect a third planet, before the applying significator also changes sign and catches up with it. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/tobyn2.html

However, in rereading the lesson (which I hadn't in over a year) I am second-guessing myself. Since Jupiter is the receiving sign, and Mercury is applying, perhaps that signifies a change in circumstances rather than an outright evasion.

Ah, the benefits of communal learning. :) Where is Bob Z when we need him? He was always good at correcting things like this. Perhaps dr. farr will know, if he sees this (even though he questions the chart reliability, too).

I still believe it is going to be her contacting him, and not the other way around. Hopefully she will update on Feb. 18th.

Last edited:

dr. farr

with astro.com allocating an existing within-orb trine between Mercury and Jupiter I would not count this as effectual because the aspect would be out of sign (which was a big deal, and defacto denied the existence of an aspect, for practitioners prior to the time of Ibn Ezra, and which I still follow, as per old Ottoman horary) However, since it is the sending (applying) body, Mercury, which would be changing the sign (in order to perfect the aspect), I don't believe this would = evasion; however, prior to perfecting a trine to Jupiter, there would be interference because Mercury will perfect a sextile to Saturn before it changes signs and perfects the trine to Jupiter; so this would (in my understanding of more traditional horary) knock out the later perfection of Mercury to Jupiter, and would render a negative answer relative to the significators Mercury/Jupiter, situation regarding ths specific horary question.

misskitty

Thank you for the clarification dr. farr. I especially like how you give the history when you talk about method. Very useful.

Last edited:

SagiCap

I have a few questions about this chart:

1. Is it only a frustration if Merc/Saturn sextile is applying?
  2. If we were to find out what this interference from Saturn is, can she avoid it somehow (if it's avoidable)?

babs

Thanks to everyone for the explanations... I didnt know the whole out of sign thing... I thought that if there was an applying aspect... that it rendered a positive outcome.

Well, I dont plan on contacting him... even though I want there to be contact. The situation is that I cannot contact him since he is with another girl at the moment. Given our history and his nature, I dont see his relationship with this current girl to last and that when that breaks, he would try to contact me again. It has happened SEVERAL times to now. Thats why we have been 4 years on/off, a strange but fated relationship.

I still think we will end up together, too many strong feeling involved and the circumstance would have to change greatly obviously. Either way, I will update when I return from the states on feb 18th whether or not he contacted me.

BAbs

misskitty

2. If we were to find out what this interference from Saturn is, can she avoid it somehow (if it's avoidable)?

Good questions, I would like to know too. It is interesting that Saturn represents his 3rd house. So if it does represent an interference then the answer is definitely no!

Babs, I feel for you. I was in the same type of relationship for almost 3 years. I finally realized that it would go on ad nauseum if I allowed it and finally got the courage to walk away. Been happier than ever since making that choice, but it takes a lot of courage and is not easy. Good luck to you.

Serendipity

1)Yes. Saturn is in the way. And you know Saturn if it's not a sigifnicator usually does represent some kind of restriction.
2)Well if you can try to figure out what it represents, perhaps. I'd look to see what house its in and what houses it rules. (didnt analyze the whole chart)

dr. farr

Saturn is in her 5th and his 11th, so it would seem to have to do with delaying relative to issues regarding friendship (11th) and romance (5th).
HOWEVER, as far as I am concerned the indications in this chart can't be relied upon (because of the SN in the ascending sign), so whether this indication plays out, or not (and in fact he does contact her before the 18th of February) is (to me) entirely problematical.

babs

Hello...

Here is a quick update to this horary question.

He did not contact me, though I was hoping he would. I did NOT contact him either.

Either way, there will be no more communication btw us bc I have decided to terminate our business relations as well (***** for him bc he depended on me for clients, while I didnt need his business).

Also, he is engaged to the girl he broke off with me to be with which I found out thru third party.

So I took this past months vacation to clear my head and move on. I just wanted to update you all who took the time to analyze the chart to compare the results with the answers.

Thanks.

Babs

misskitty

For me it was the out of sign aspect of the significators that gave the 'no' in this chart. Thanks so much for the update babs, and congrats to you for having the courage to move on!