Careers for the Sagittarius-Influenced

sibylline

Jack of all trades, master of...?

A thread to discuss career paths of those with major Sagittarius placements. Post charts, ask questions, and add any plans or ideas you may have.

sibylline

Sweet, now can I get your thoughts on why Sagittarius people should stick to sports and/or theory?

It was a half-joke -- Sags can do whatever they want, of course.

Though I think careers where they can exercise their minds or bodies, hence theoretical arenas or athletic arenas, can work out really well, depending on the Sagittarian. I know a good amount who work on the marketing side for sports or athletic companies, successfully combining both.

To start out the thread in the proper fashion, here is a chart of the notorious gangster Lucky Luciano.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Luciano,_Lucky

I'd say his life was all about Career, with his MC is heavily tenated by Sagittarius planets.

Of course you start with this!

sibylline

This is my bf's brother's chart. Any guesses on what his career might be? It is a good one for Sag types. :)

Attachments

• mchart.jpg
    mchart.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 54

conspiracy theorist

It was a half-joke -- Sags can do whatever they want, of course.

Though I think careers where they can exercise their minds or bodies, hence theoretical arenas or athletic arenas, can work out really well, depending on the Sagittarian. I know a good amount who work on the marketing side for sports or athletic companies, successfully combining both.

If I were to think about myself, I'd say also that a heavily Sagittarian person would want to pursue avenues that allow them the ability to experiment, to explore and to if possible, break new ground. Over the course of my childhood I wanted to be an astronaut, marine biologist, archaeologist, runner, footballer (soccer), soldier, occultist, extreme sportsman, stunt man etc. All of them have that element of physical exertion as well as the freedom aspect. Some as well are pretty theory heavy.

Of course you start with this!

Hey, at least we can unequivocally say that he was Sagittarius influenced.

In October 1929, he survived a "one-way ride," a rare feat. He was abducted, beaten, stabbed repeatedly, had his throat cut and was left for dead; he never named his abductors, and soon afterward he changed his name to Luciano – and earned his nickname of Lucky

The years of 1930 and 1931 were spent in a bloody gang war between Masseria and his rival, Maranzano, and Luciano felt this was an abomination. His personal vision was to replace traditional strong-arm methods with a corporate structure and then to systematically infiltrate legitimate business. Masseria wasn’t impressed by the plan, and Maranzano felt that Lucky was too ambitious and innovative, and therefore, too dangerous. Soon Luciano arranged to have both Masseria and Maranzano assassinated, leaving him as capo di tutti capi (boss of all the bosses). By 1934, he and the leaders of the other crime "families" had established the national crime syndicate, and Luciano was living the good life. He dressed like a business executive, wearing elegant suits, handmade shoes and silk shirts, and it was a rare occasion when there wasn’t a beautiful woman on his arm. He mingled with such stars as Frank Sinatra.

Violence, oppression, family, being the leader -- I see all of the planets quite clearly manifesting in his case. What's the Sagittarius aspect in all of this? Well, perhaps the fact that he wanted to innovate the mafia structure into a more corporate structure from the traditional gangster tactics could be attributed to Jupiter's pervasive influence in the life -- Jupiter having significance to good reputation and business success. It could equally be attributed to his Saturn too -- providing a structure which could one day be used to infiltrate into political/corporate life.

Also, he set this up in the United States as opposed to his Italy, meeting the Sagittarius connection of going abroad.

conspiracy theorist

This is my bf's brother's chart. Any guesses on what his career might be? It is a good one for Sag types. :)

That domiciled Venus is so strong on the MC degree that I want to say some type of musician. Virgo Mercury is in the 10 sign which add speech to the career and the Sun there adds to prominence and being seen.

Sagittarius Mars/Uranus with Sagittarius rising sounds like the type of person who likes to be more unstructured, less rule bound and likely to be always moving around the place. This config also makes him seem "cool", not the suit type. Jupiter also in the 1st and cycling through the person's who I know with this aspect, he will have an interest in the spiritual/occult. If not actively studying it, he may be sympathetic to anything such as astrology and the like.
So my guesses are a musician or some type of travelling salesman.

sibylline

If I were to think about myself, I'd say also that a heavily Sagittarian person would want to pursue avenues that allow them the ability to experiment, to explore and to if possible, break new ground. Over the course of my childhood I wanted to be an astronaut, marine biologist, archaeologist, runner, footballer (soccer), soldier, occultist, extreme sportsman, stunt man etc. All of them have that element of physical exertion as well as the freedom aspect. Some as well are pretty theory heavy.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. :happy:

All of those careers though? Talk about jack of all trades. Have you narrowed down your choices?

Hey, at least we can unequivocally say that he was Sagittarius influenced.

Lucky, indeed. His life story seems like the interface between Jupiter and Saturn.

That domiciled Venus is so strong on the MC degree that I want to say some type of musician. Virgo Mercury is in the 10 sign which add speech to the career and the Sun there adds to prominence and being seen.

Sagittarius Mars/Uranus with Sagittarius rising sounds like the type of person who likes to be more unstructured, less rule bound and likely to be always moving around the place. This config also makes him seem "cool", not the suit type. Jupiter also in the 1st and cycling through the person's who I know with this aspect, he will have an interest in the spiritual/occult. If not actively studying it, he may be sympathetic to anything such as astrology and the like.
So my guesses are a musician or some type of travelling salesman.

All of the above is absolutely true yet he's not a musician or a salesman. :)

conspiracy theorist

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. :happy:

All of those careers though? Talk about jack of all trades. Have you narrowed down your choices?

Yeah, all the heavily physical sports are leaving the spotlight while I'm thinking about going abroad to pursue one of the theoretical careers. Archeology, marine biology or astronaut are the choices as of today. I'll be involved in the occult for the rest of my life.

All of the above is absolutely true yet he's not a musician or a salesman. :)

Pfft. An artist?

sibylline

Yeah, all the heavily physical sports are leaving the spotlight while I'm thinking about going abroad to pursue one of the theoretical careers. Archeology, marine biology or astronaut are the choices as of today. I'll be involved in the occult for the rest of my life.

Hmmm, archaeologist and astronaut. Those could both work out well.

I interned in the marine biology department of a biotech lab as an undergrad. Snoozefest, IMO.

Pfft. An artist?

Getting colder. :cool:

sibylline

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want a snoozefest job.

I mean, that was my view of it. You may have a different experience, especially if you're working in the field as opposed to a lab. Labs may not have the dynamism a heavily Saggy person enjoys. It's very helpful if you can intern because then you really get to see which career paths suit you.

Hmm, what about a composer or advertising?

Even colder.

conspiracy theorist

I mean, that was my view of it. You may have a different experience, especially if you're working in the field as opposed to a lab. Labs may not have the dynamism a heavily Saggy person enjoys. It's very helpful if you can intern because then you really get to see which career paths you'd enjoy.

Yeah, it's really the aspect where you actually go into the ocean and get up close and personal with the animals that inspired me as a kid; it's definitely the field where I would want to work. Since Saturn is going through Sag and is currently squaring my Saturn I think now is a good a time as any to really get my trajectory trained for the future. My current path is a necessity more than anything else (and is not something I want to spend the rest of my life doing for sure).

Even colder.

What is it then? Or will you wait until I'm freezing cold?

conspiracy theorist

Professor. Of Applied Math and Physics.

See, it wasn't hard. Any newbie would have said "teacher" right away but with too much thinking you tripped yourself up. Some of these things really are that simple. :lol:

Touche Sybil, touche.

But that Venus was pretty compelling to my eyes. How does it manifest in his career?

sibylline

Touche Sybil, touche.

But that Venus was pretty compelling to my eyes. How does it manifest in his career?

Besides that there is symmetry in math, nothing about him or his career seem in the slightest bit Venusian, from what I know. It's the strangest thing. I'd question the accuracy of the time except everything else fits exactly and it is not rounded. I was just reading his student reviews online to see if others see him the same way and yup... "high speed", "overdrive", "quirky", "too theoretical". Sounds like his chart.

I need to do more digging when I see him next.

Math is very beautiful but I'd have guessed a prettier branch than applied.

Like which branch?

conspiracy theorist

Besides that there is symmetry in math, nothing about him or his career seem in the slightest bit Venusian, from what I know. It's the strangest thing. I'd question the accuracy of the time except everything else fits exactly and it is not rounded. I was just reading his student reviews online to see if others see him the same way and yup... "high speed", "overdrive", "quirky", "too theoretical". Sounds like his chart.

I wonder if this is the case of whole sign houses trumping the quadrant. But despite what GG and you say about math being beautiful and symmetrical, I think that's a tenuous link for how strong Venus is in the chart.

What about the associations/groups he's apart of? Can they be described as Venusian in any way shape or form?

sibylline

Topology, geometry, number theory... the only thing more pedestrian than applied math/physics is statistics.

I think that was Virgo trying to be practical. I've had him explain a few principles to me...He was meant more for pure math, without a doubt.

I wonder if this is the case of whole sign houses trumping the quadrant. But despite what GG and you say about math being beautiful and symmetrical, I think that's a tenuous link for how strong Venus is in the chart.

Venus would still be conjunct the MC though, and domicile, so supposedly highly relevant to his career and reputation. And in whole signs it would be in the 11th house which, now that you've brought it up, fits even less.

What about the associations/groups he's apart of? Can they be described as Venusian in any way shape or form?

...Which groups? The university's physics department?

I don't think he could be bothered to join any groups. They might get in the way of doing math, or traveling, both of which he likes very much.