timer of the moon

DiDi

changed how I asked this question in the hopes id get a responce

in a horary question how does the moon work in timing please?

im guessing its faster on an angle then slower on a succadent and cadident house.

I can be completly wrong and it may just be a coinsidence but ive seen the moon on in a succadent house take twice as long as as if it were on an angle
has anyone noticed this?

could I have some help with what people know of it please

many thanks

Last edited:

dr. farr

Following Primary Ankara delineations, IF I use the Moon to estimate approximate timing I do it in one of the following 2 ways:

-the distance in chart degrees (NOT in ephemeris time) between the Moon and the primary (usually primary quesited-which could be either a planet or a Lot) is taken, the long way around (ie, from the Moon around to the significator) and 1 day is given for each degree

-or, the distance in signs is taken (rather than degrees), from where the Moon is to where the relevant significator (planet or Lot) is, and then the time is estimated as follows:
: if fixed signs are on the angles, each time unit (I refer to the signs between Moon and relevant significator as time units) = 1 month
: if cardinal signs are on the angles each time unit = 1 week
: if mutable signs are on the angles each time unit = either 1 day or 1 week depending upon the time-quality of the nature of the question

DiDi

thanks for answering my thread dr.farr

I will look at what you have said here although i use regio not whole house system.
do you know how i could read up on this more dr farr
thanks again
di

dr. farr

Some info on timing by the Moon is in Volguine's "Lunar Astrology"; also some references are to be found in Dorotheus of Sidon and Vettius Valens (among the somewhat more available Greco/Roman authors) However, what I learned (as posted above) is from the Ankara (Ottoman) astrology tradition (which I learned about back in the 1970's from oral teaching), and I am not aware of any English language texts outlining this specific information.

Such Lunar timing would work with quadrant house systems (rather than whole sign) because Ankara (and Islamic-era astrology in general) used a form of quadrant house system called Alchabitius.

DiDi

oh okay thanks alot

so i can use this method with regio system.

one more qustion if i may please

and I do want an honest answser so dont hold back to tell me this is nonsence.:wink:

my findings with the moon in timing (which is not fullproof)
has been moon on an angle swift like days the succadent house 1 deg 1 week and the cadident house more like 1 deg 2 weeks
also like you said earlier
the fixed mutuable and cardinal houses play a part in it.

so its where the moon is that we take noticed to the planet in question that say if the moon was in cancer on the asc and was just a few degrees away we would think it would happen within the week?

im just trying to summ up what youve said.

yes i looked at the distance from the moon to the planet in questuion but didnt get much from it.

not to say that another chart wont, i will look out for it

thanks once again for all your help here

dr. farr

Yes, that could be a likely approximation, but remember it depends upon the nature of the question: for example, say it was about someone coming back from a trip, and you know that they just left a few days before and that they had been planning to be gone for at least, say, 2 months; then the timing probably would not be within a week (in the example given) but it would indicate a SOONER return than had been originally anticipated.
Timing approximation should always be within the context of the specific horary question.

DiDi

youve helped me a lot
thanks

Timing approximation should always be within the context of the specific horary question.
good point i will keep that in mind i think its around 4 months or so for a horary chart:biggrin:

waffle

changed how I asked this question in the hopes id get a responce

in a horary question how does the moon work in timing please?

im guessing its faster on an angle then slower on a succadent and cadident house.

I can be completly wrong and it may just be a coinsidence but ive seen the moon on in a succadent house take twice as long as as if it were on an angle
has anyone noticed this?

could I have some help with what people know of it please

many thanks

Hi DİDİ. Im wondering it. time in horary ! does moon usually answer? I have horary questions, about time.. when ı will marry, when ı will have super career? when ı will a rich girl? :) will ı look the moon?

Anachiel

This might have already been mentioned but, the speed of the Moon has to be considered (or any planet used for timing). If it is slow it will delay; fast motion, of course, speeds it up.

DiDi

yep so Anachiel your saying it depends on what sign the moon is in also?
thankyou

waffle the moon is considered a timer in a horary question
but if you were asking when will i meet a rich girl?
youd have to see if the significators are doing first and seeing what the chart says as a whole and then look at the moon for its timing.

good luck on the rich girl thing lol

Last edited:

waffle

This might have already been mentioned but, the speed of the Moon has to be considered (or any planet used for timing). If it is slow it will delay; fast motion, of course, speeds it up.

Anachiel I see. Sometimes, moon is in space. So, we are looking a chart.. how will we understand?

Didi thanx :) I will feel rich if I have a job. Astrologers, masters are looking degress, they say ''it will be''..waoow astrology is mysterious, and as a key..

Anachiel

yep so Anachiel your saying it depends on what sign the moon is in also?
thankyou

Each planet has an average daily motion. Most people no longer calculate charts by hand but, this daily motion can still be seen in a computer program. Somewhere it will say that a planet is moving fast or slow or average. Usually listed under speed or daily motion or something similar.

Daily motion is simply how fast/slow a planet moves in a day. It is independent of the sign or house the planet is in.

Hope that helps. :)

rafaella

First you look at the degrees, how many degrees before the Moon perfects the aspect. and then you decide whether its days, weeks, months or years...

Usually succendent houses fixed signs are years or could be months. It depends also on the question.

If a single querent asks ' when will I marry?' And if the chart showed Moon aspecting the quesited in 3 degrees, we would assume its more like 3 years and not 3 days or even 3 months. We have to look at what makes sense, if the querent is not seeing anyone at all, then 3 years does seem plausible, of course she may still get married in 3 months but that is quite unlikely.

Here is some info on timing on this website:
http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/horary_astrology.htm

Last edited:

DiDi

Daily motion is simply how fast/slow a planet moves in a day. It is independent of the sign or house the planet is in.
ahh ha yep thankyou

rafaella
First you look at the degrees, how many degrees before the Moon perfects the aspect. and then you decide whether its days, weeks, months or years...
yep common sense for sure is involved but its the days or weeks or months i get bothered with
fixed longer
cardianal med
mutuable faster
then looking at the house they are in
cadident longer
succadent med
angle faster
and add that with what Anachiel is saying

what ive noticed and this is generalisation is when moon is in say cadidnt house its triple the time than an angle and around double in a succ house... like i said very general but a pattern is emerging with this i find.