View Single Post
Unread 03-22-2019, 08:15 AM

Re: How to graduate from Astrology 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
More interesting reading for those interested 'graduates from Astrology 101'

The following are three QUOTES from Antoine Garth's study "The Five Hidden Pillars Of Fate, Fortune and Destiny In Astrology" viewable entirely for FREE at
http://www.scribd.com/doc/6956746/Fi...y-in-Astrology

'…...Antoine Garth, astrologer presents: Study of fortune and destiny has been recovered from Vettius Valens ANTHOLOGY.
We consult the second century astrologer to return to an astrology not known since his time.
This will force three major traumas upon us as astrologers:

First, we are working within a deterministic system seeking to be privy to inscrutable workings of Fate.
Modern thinkers may protest such a domination of symbol over lifestyle, and may wish to reject this idea as insufficiently allowing us to properly assign "Free Will" to our ego nature.....'

'…..Ironically, this system is useful for highlighting how Ego can prevent a more fortunate fate from occurring.
i.e. The system of these five additional, calculated "lots" creates an astrological universe of its own revealing hidden aspect of the chart,
our own role in it, and indicators we must follow in order to fulfill our destiny.
Finding this spot can be the "Aha!" moment for clients as well.
But we must first subject our modern astrological stance to three traumas to fully comprehend this perspective.
Modern astrologers' problem with determinism revolves around adding man and his ability to choose
into the cosmic equation, which includes unforeseen events and their impact....'

'…..All of the twists and turns in the story of life are either predetermined or up for grabs.
I say fate and free-will can peacefully coexist,
but we must also equal in the Law of Karma.
Karma, the sanskrit word for action,
not only includes the grand and all encompassing
but also the mundane and every day.
By understanding primarily that the planets are the instruments of fate,
the astrologer can witness and make known each native's karmic "lot" or portion.
The Lot of Fortune is the first key to revealing the native's hidden universe of apportionment, or, more simply stated, the nativ
e's lot in life....'
I am a lousy astrologer who sometimes gets a glimpse. I'm pretty certain my limits are inherent in my chart- every time I've begun to make headway in astrology and various other pursuits (none of which I've surrendered, I might add), SOME thing interferes.

Nonetheless, I love these descriptions because I see the limits of self-determinism, i.e. "free will", and though my disdain for the pseudoscience of psychology infuriates many, I fully grasp it's core as a tool of political manipulation.

There seems to be a genuine lack of cognizance for the eons of experience amassed by ancient practitioners of astrology, and their fates to explore this art, regardless of terrifying opposition and threat of death.

From where I sit, a fine point substantiating these assertions comes from a description of a third party in a biography: "Look at him; do you really believe he can change what he is?"

This can also be reflected in the time-worn axiom; A man's got to know his limitations.

The belief that the right sort of clever trick, or 'psychological approach' supported by lip service and drugs to fool the gods and bypass one's fate, looks a fine way to incur an even more intense wrath of karma.

These truths are obvious to me, a fractured disciple without any mastery of this discipline I rely on to afford structure to chaos. How wonderful it must be to have the luxuries of several varieties of study at your disposal. I sincerely envy this.

Last edited by jac; 03-22-2019 at 08:22 AM.