The planets don't influence you

muchacho

I just came across this quote from Bashar and I thought many here may find that interesting, so I'll share it here:

"When you crystallize yourself, your consciousness, into physical reality you are certainly taking on the qualities of the particular moment of crystallized physical reality that is representative of what is going on at that moment of birth. You are solidifying and crystallizing certain kinds of ideas that are representative of your theme of exploration and your relationship in the collective agreement. So the planets in the sense that you are talking about astrologically are a reflection - and for those that are intuitive enough to use that particular permission slip in a certain way, they can see how the reflections might be representative of certain energies and themes that you've decided to explore and how they might be unfolding. But remember, it's just a permission slip. It's just a reflection. The planets don't influence you, they reflect what you've already chosen. They reveal you. They are a reflection like anything else."

- Bashar

Julia Karmic Astrology

I just came across this quote from Bashar and I thought many here may find that interesting, so I'll share it here:

It is quite likely that the relationship between the stars and humans is bi-directional.
That is, the cosmos influences us, but we in turn influence the cosmos.
Everything is connected, everything part of a whole.

Unfortunately humans have not quite understood this, and tend to think of themselves as helpless victims of the stars. This is simply not true.

Julia

muchacho

Yes, I agree. We are not helpless victims. But it takes a certain level of conscious awareness to realize that.

I would say it's mostly a question of identity, of how we define ourselves. And depending on that definition we will find different explanations more or less appealing. Someone who has experienced unity consciousness will have no problem with Bashar's explanation. While someone who experiences himself as the mere mortal biological being as science describes it, will find the Bashar explanation laughable.

waybread

An interesting quote, Muchacho!

I'd put it slightly differently, that souls incarnate with particular teaching and learning goals in mind. In order to pursue their goals, souls have to choose a particular time, place, and set of circumstances with which to incarnate. Among those circumstances will be challenges and assets.

This is what the chart shows us.

Are you familiar with the Jane Roberts Seth books? Seth was supposedly a disincarnate entity channelled by Roberts while she was in a trance state. Even if the metaphysics in these books is entirely her own, they are still remarkable. One major theme is that people choose their own reality, and that our thoughts of reality then manifest in seemingly material circumstances.

Lilacstar

I don't know, for example almost every Taurus I've met is hard-working, meticulous, sensual and super shallow, cool/laid back, and somewhat b**chy as well as passive aggressive. I don't think it's accurate to say the planets have no influence. The moon is well known to have an effect just ask any ER or police station on a full moon. The earth itself influences people with its energy. Why would the planets be any different?

muchacho

An interesting quote, Muchacho!

I'd put it slightly differently, that souls incarnate with particular teaching and learning goals in mind. In order to pursue their goals, souls have to choose a particular time, place, and set of circumstances with which to incarnate. Among those circumstances will be challenges and assets.

This is what the chart shows us.

Are you familiar with the Jane Roberts Seth books? Seth was supposedly a disincarnate entity channelled by Roberts while she was in a trance state. Even if the metaphysics in these books is entirely her own, they are still remarkable. One major theme is that people choose their own reality, and that our thoughts of reality then manifest in seemingly material circumstances.

Yes, I'm familiar with the Seth material. According to Seth, what incarnates are fragments of an entity (or soul) and all these incarnations are happening simultaneously and are experienced simultaneously on the entity level, which kinda destroys the popular concept of karma.

I've got some interesting quotes from Seth about astrology, too. I'll post some at a later time.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Yes, I'm familiar with the Seth material. According to Seth, what incarnates are fragments of an entity (or soul) and all these incarnations are happening simultaneously and are experienced simultaneously on the entity level, which kinda destroys the popular concept of karma.

I've got some interesting quotes from Seth about astrology, too. I'll post some at a later time.

I love the Seth material, and would be very interested in the references to astrology!

I see Seth's comments about simultaneous lifetimes as quite consistent with current karmic thought. Many of us no longer believe in the idea of sequential single lifetimes. Time is certainly not linear nor chronological. I have conducted a number of past life regressions, and it is apparent that souls are fragmented and time is fluid, circular or spiral. And everything is probably happening now. That is why healing a past life heals us in the present and future lives.

Very interesting discussion! Thank you.

Julia

RaRohini

I really love this thought. In a way, the soul has already crystallised our physical reality before birth and we are actually just living it out ..and navigating it. Like a video game.

muchacho

I love the Seth material, and would be very interested in the references to astrology!

I see Seth's comments about simultaneous lifetimes as quite consistent with current karmic thought. Many of us no longer believe in the idea of sequential single lifetimes. Time is certainly not linear nor chronological. I have conducted a number of past life regressions, and it is apparent that souls are fragmented and time is fluid, circular or spiral. And everything is probably happening now. That is why healing a past life heals us in the present and future lives.

Very interesting discussion! Thank you.

Julia
Not sure if you are familiar with Abraham-Hicks, but they say that you can't possibly know if your visions of a past life were actually from one of your own past lives or the past life of someone else because you only have access to what is of a similar vibration. So the past life visions you experience have more to do with your vibrational state of being right here right now than anything else. Does that resonate somehow?

muchacho

I really love this thought. In a way, the soul has already crystallised our physical reality before birth and we are actually just living it out ..and navigating it. Like a video game.
Yeah, Abraham-Hicks compare it to a vacation. You've read your travel guide, chosen your itinerary and then off you go. But the destinations on your list are not mandatory. You can change your itinerary any time or even call off the entire vacation any time and go home.

muchacho

Seth quotes on astrology are extremely rare. He doesn't talk much about it. Here's a quote:

"Consciousness, being active within all cellular structures, triggers itself ahead of time [in each case], so to speak, to react to certain conditions and not to others. Many are born the same day of any given year, and generally within the same time period - but individually the inner triggering may be far different, so that while the overall conditions at birth may appear more or less the same, the inner reactions to them will vary widely. Period."

- Seth (Unknown Reality, Session 729)

[edited quote over 100 words - against Forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

muchacho

Another quote from Seth:

"Consciousness does not simply choose to be born at a certain place in space and time, but it also endows its physical organism ahead of time with certain inner triggers so that it will respond to those conditions in highly individualistic ways.

I am not even hinting at predestination or predetermination. Let us try another simple analogy. A seed 'knows' that it will come to life in the middle of a pot in someone's living room."

[edited quote over 100 words, against Forum rules - Moderator]

muchacho

A little more from Seth:

"The emergence of consciousness into those physical conditions automatically alters them - a fact not recognized by astrologers. Each child born alters the entire universe, and changes the world of its time and birth by bringing into it action not there earlier, in your terms, and by impressing the universe with the stamp - the indelible stamp - of its reality. Each child chooses its own probable version of any given birthdate. Such dates are obviously not just points in time, pinpointed in space. In the first place, since all time is simultaneous, you are always dying and being born..."

[edited quote over 100 words - against Forum rules - Moderator]

Julia Karmic Astrology

Not sure if you are familiar with Abraham-Hicks, but they say that you can't possibly know if your visions of a past life were actually from one of your own past lives or the past life of someone else because you only have access to what is of a similar vibration. So the past life visions you experience have more to do with your vibrational state of being right here right now than anything else. Does that resonate somehow?

Yes I am familiar with the Abraham-Hicks material.

We don't really know if the all past life information in the natal chart, past life regression, or psychic readings are literally true. It is possible that this information is a downloaded set of symbolic stories. Which could be connected to certain vibrational levels as you suggest.

It doesn't really matter, the bottom line is that the material is given to us for a reason.
To help us achieve soul growth and purpose.

Julia

waybread

I re-read one of Jane Roberts' Seth books last winter but it has been a long time since I've read the others. He confirms reincarnation but I don't recall him agreeing with karma in a Hindu sense.

Basically he says that people incarnate into the kind of life that will best promote their learning experiences and soul growth. If they incarnate into a rotten life, it's not that they're being punished; but that perhaps over a previous life of harming other people, their soul growth depends upon experiencing life from the victim's perspective. But this is a choice, not a deterministic punishment.

I was pleasantly surprised in reading Jim Tucker's books Life Before Life and Return to Life, that Seth's perspective correlates with his own findings. Tucker is a MD and professor of child psychiatry at the University of Virginia. His scientific credentials are legit. Tucker's research field is interviewing young children who claim to remember past lives, and then trying to track down through a lot of detective work, whether the person the child recalled actually lived, and had a life corresponding to the child's recollections. Some of Tucker's findings are just uncanny, like a young boy who talked about events and friends that matched the life of a downed young WW II pilot.

But again, Tucker found no evidence that the present life functioned as some kind of reward or punishment for the previous life.

Seth says that all time is simultaneous. A shift for the better in one reality alters the other realities.

muchacho

Amazing ! So does that mean we are sent here to extinguish our karma but end up attracting more in the process ? ��
That's the linear time perspective. As Seth says, your future lives influence your current life, your current life changes your past lives and your future lives. So before and after doesn't really apply which makes it difficult to apply the conventional ideas of purpose and meaning in this context.

muchacho

Yes I am familiar with the Abraham-Hicks material.

We don't really know if the all past life information in the natal chart, past life regression, or psychic readings are literally true. It is possible that this information is a downloaded set of symbolic stories. Which could be connected to certain vibrational levels as you suggest.

It doesn't really matter, the bottom line is that the material is given to us for a reason.
To help us achieve soul growth and purpose.

Julia
Yeah, what you can be sure of is that whatever you are receiving is a perfect vibrational match to your current state of being.

But this last bit about soul growth and purpose, that's exactly where Abraham-Hicks would disagree.