Help with this composite chart

Hello! I have doubts about this composite chart and the nature of the possible relationship these two people (both males) can expect. I’ll drop a link to a reddit post that explains the whole situation. There’s also a reading made by a member of the reddit community in the comments of the post. I’d like to know your thoughts about it as well.
Thanks a lot for your time! <3

COMPOSITE CHART (and problem explained + comments)

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskAstrologers/comments/cvvz96/hello_so_things_have_been_happening_between_my/

ElenaJ

A composite chart is created from the midpoints of the two natal charts, and represents a snapshot of the relationship. So, you really should be starting off from a synastry chart of the two natals to understand what is happening in each person, and then how they are relating to each other.
Having said this, the analysis given on reddit seems valid, what is it that you are questioning? (Aside from the first sentence, it looks like an oversight referring to the NN in scorpio, which later on the writer references correctly as MH Aquarius.)
What are the doubts you have?

A composite chart is created from the midpoints of the two natal charts, and represents a snapshot of the relationship. So, you really should be starting off from a synastry chart of the two natals to understand what is happening in each person, and then how they are relating to each other.
Having said this, the analysis given on reddit seems valid, what is it that you are questioning? (Aside from the first sentence, it looks like an oversight referring to the NN in scorpio, which later on the writer references correctly as MH Aquarius.)
What are the doubts you have?

Hello! Thanks a lot for your time.
Yes, I have made a synastry chart between the two charts. There is a really tight mars/venus conjunction and a loose mercury/mercury one. The moons are compatible signs (leo/libra), and also the suns (Sagittarius/libra) and also there is great Venus compatibility. My question here is why the person who gave their analysis in reddit said the relationship would “hurt” and have a “sad ending”. Does the composite show that as a possibility or something that will happen no matter what? Or is it interpretable with a different meaning?

EDIT: I just checked. I don’t think venus is very compatible (virgo/sagittarius) but the rest of the planets are.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

In the composite you have the 7th ruler mars strong in its own house and conjunct its own cusp, so the relationship will have a martian quality to it, exasperated by being combust with the sun, ruler of the 4th.
Venus is also strong by sign, but not connecting with the energy in the chart, and in a love or romantic relationship you would want Venus to relate, so this is a weak spot. It does have a semi-sextile with Chiron but this would not be expressing affection, but healing one of the partners at the expense of the other.
Uranus on the midheaven of social status symbolises the unusual and original nature of the relationship, and south moon's node here could indicate that their reputation suffers for this. Moon is inconjunct this position, creating nervous tension as a result. This could relate to the one partner not coming out publicly.
Saturn on the ascendent on the other hand, shows a traditional, serious face put on for the world.
Probably the most significant aspect here is that Moon squares pluto on the cusp of the 8th of sex, so there is a current of deep feelings and intimacy between the two, but also jealousy and possessiveness created by the fear of losing each other. This can easily turn into manipulation and obsession. There is a sense of exclusiveness, and over time it undermines the relationship by creating a fear of rejection or of a change in their situation.
With pluto by the 8th house these scenes will be played out not only on the sexual level, but on a deep lying subconscious one, stirring up psychological demons that are hard to handle.
There is a tendency to try to control the other on an emotional level, with one partner continually digging into the inner feelings of the other creating an explosive atmosphere, that can eventually lead to a dramatic breaking off. it starts off well and intensely but the energy becomes just too controlling and manipulative.
This may be what the reddit writer was referring to, not sure, you should really ask them.
With Venus unrelated, and the moon in this stressful position, it would be quite difficult to overcome the tensions and have a long range relationship between the two persons.

In the composite you have the 7th ruler mars strong in its own house and conjunct its own cusp, so the relationship will have a martian quality to it, exasperated by being combust with the sun, ruler of the 4th.
Venus is also strong by sign, but not connecting with the energy in the chart, and in a love or romantic relationship you would want Venus to relate, so this is a weak spot. It does have a semi-sextile with Chiron but this would not be expressing affection, but healing one of the partners at the expense of the other.
Uranus on the midheaven of social status symbolises the unusual and original nature of the relationship, and south moon's node here could indicate that their reputation suffers for this. Moon is inconjunct this position, creating nervous tension as a result. This could relate to the one partner not coming out publicly.
Saturn on the ascendent on the other hand, shows a traditional, serious face put on for the world.
Probably the most significant aspect here is that Moon squares pluto on the cusp of the 8th of sex, so there is a current of deep feelings and intimacy between the two, but also jealousy and possessiveness created by the fear of losing each other. This can easily turn into manipulation and obsession. There is a sense of exclusiveness, and over time it undermines the relationship by creating a fear of rejection or of a change in their situation.
With pluto by the 8th house these scenes will be played out not only on the sexual level, but on a deep lying subconscious one, stirring up psychological demons that are hard to handle.
There is a tendency to try to control the other on an emotional level, with one partner continually digging into the inner feelings of the other creating an explosive atmosphere, that can eventually lead to a dramatic breaking off. it starts off well and intensely but the energy becomes just too controlling and manipulative.
This may be what the reddit writer was referring to, not sure, you should really ask them.
With Venus unrelated, and the moon in this stressful position, it would be quite difficult to overcome the tensions and have a long range relationship between the two persons.

I understand now. Knowing the situation, the closet and social stigma really plays strongly here. Taking into account the two people we’re talking about here are really good friends, how would a friends-with-benefits kind of situation work? Because traditional relationships are not the same as friendships, and my best guess is that they are indeed astrologically read under a different light.

Again, thanks for your time. It’s really appreciated :)

ElenaJ

The composite chart is just the relationship, it doesn't distinguish between marriage partners, friends, parent/child, etc.