Astrology Book Recommendations

Lela

Hi,

Recently I bought few astrology books:
Art of Predictive Astrology: Forecasting your life events (Carol Rushman) and Solar Arcs, Astrology's Most Successful Predictive System (Noel Tyl).

I love these two books. In my opinion both books are very informing - good for learning.

However, I also bought - Solar Returns: Formulas & Analyses (Nance McCullough) and I was not satisfied. For me book is a little bit confusing. I just do not get it. There are many SR chart examples but I have problems with explanations. I am a beginner in this field and I would appreciate if there is anyone with experience in SR astrology who could recommend something that is suitable for learning. Book easy to follow with good explanations!

Thanks!
Lela

unukalhai

Lela,

You might check out Celeste Teal's work "Identifying Planetary Triggers" regarding return charts. Most of the book (Part 2, pages 65-238) is dedicated to returns, with a chapter on each of the returns including Sun, Moon, and Mercury through Saturn. She provides some example charts but mainly focuses the important considerations and placements. I find this more applicable than studying a large quantity of example charts. The first 65 pages cover progressions, with remaining pages 241 to 325 covering transits.

The ISBN is 1-56718-705-6 and it's from Llewellyn.

This is a fairly well-distributed book, so you might be able to check it out at the local bookstore or even find a used copy at a resale shop, if your local resale shops tend to have astrology books. On that note, if you live in a fairly open-minded area where people tend to be interested in astrology, do check out your local resale shops; I've scored quite a few neat books on the cheap this way. Gotta love it :D

Sag Moon

Noel Tyl's S&C is a must for those that wish to study Synthesis.

Rudyar, Marc Edmund Jones, Arroyo and Carl Jung did a work that you cannot get now.

There are many mopdern astrologers which are good reads that you can find in Dollar book stores I found.

I read the classics a long time ago adn I wish I had them today.

Lela

Hi Unukalhai!

Thanks for your SR-related book recommendation! I just checked content of this book on Amazon web site and it really looks interesting.
Unfortunately, there is no way that I could find this book in bookstores in Sarajevo, but I will find some way to order it.

Thanks a lot!

Lela

chilepm

That is a daunting subject! So Many good books to choose from. Pick a subject or an author and explore it, one at a time so it's not overwhelming.
All the suggestions are great. I would definitely get a book on the Sabian Symbols. Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala" is excellent.
Also, I particularly like the work on Karma, past lives and Pluto by Judy Hall, a talented Brit.
Good luck. I know you will amass a great collection and come to love it.
You might check ebay for anyone selling collections, one never knows.
Check for occult book stores in the larger cities, as well.

AstRoPeLeKi

Hello everyone!

Some of the books that i have are

Aspects in Astrology by Sue Tompkins
The key of Astrology by Hajo Banzhaf and Anna Haebler
The astrologer at your home by Turner

I'm not sure if the titles are exactly as i wrote them, because i have them in greek.

4leafclovah

The Art Of Predictive Astrology-Carol Rushman
Identifying Planetary Triggers-Teal
Predicting Events With Astrology-Teal
Astrology A Cosmic Science -Isabel Hickey

Alice

Hmmm, well, I've just ordered Liz Greene's 'Barriers and Boundaries' and Celeste Teal's 'Planetary Triggers.' :)

I recommend:

The Luminaries - Liz Greene

This really gave me insight into my horrible T.Pluto cj Moon, which has been going on for two years. The book sat beside my bed for most of that time.

Astrology of Fate - Liz Greene

An intellectual read that's fab to dip in and out of that I was lucky enough to find in a charity shop years ago.

The Horary Textbook - John Frawley

A very good guide to casting horaries written in Frawley's usual Terry Prachet style.

The Luminaries is the book I most often lend to people though.

IvyCreeping

"Born on a Rotten Day," is such a good book! I highly recommend it as a funny read -- it's not going to help with natal charts or anything, but it is hilarious.

Pat

Hello Everyone

I recently read a good book entitled "Astrology for Beginners: A Simple Way to Read Your Chart" and I think it fills a necessary void. It shows you how to to read your birth chart without having to learn all the intricacies of astrology. It gives you lots of interpretive material including the meaning of your chart pattern - something few books even go into.

When I first discovered astrology I wanted to understand my own birth chart but I really didn't want to undertake a serious study of astrology. While there were plenty of books teaching in-depth astrology, there was nothing that simply explained the birth chart. Well now there is. The publisher is Llewellyn and the author is J Hampar.

Lulu-B

If I had to walk aound with only one astrology book it would be Betty Lundsted's "Astrological Insights Into Personality." I have around 160 astrology books and that book is still great. I can reread what she says about Sun signs and aspects of mine over and over again and always find something I missed before.

Frank

I've owned hundreds of astrology books over the years, and have reviewed quite a few.

I currently own only two astrology (physical) books:

"Christian Astrology" by William Lilly (Regulus facsimile edition)
"The Combination of Stellar Influences" by Reinhold Ebertin

I also think they are the best two books for beginners to start with.

Lulu-B

"Combination of Stellar Influences" is a good book.
Beginner's book, as well as still an oldie but a goodie: "Meet Your Planets." I LOVE THEIR DRAWINGS!

Last edited:

Sappho

Hi!

I can recommend:

Predictive astrology by Bernadette Brady
Horoscope symbols by Robert Hand
A practical guide to traditional astrology by Robert Crane

All very good book, you will learn many things!
Bye!