What sort of career/path/advice for these placements?

joecoe

Sun in Virgo in IV
Moon in Capricorn in VIII
Mercury in Libra in V
Venus in Leo in III
Mars in Scorpio in VI
Jupiter in Scorpio in V
Saturn in Libra in V
Uranus in Sagittarius in VI
Neptune in Sagittarius in VI
Pluto in Libra.

-----------------------------

[poster gave no astrological interpretation so moved to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

joecoe

chart is attached. thanks for your time and knowledge guys, i very much appreciate it.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 39
Welcome to AW,

The questions usually answered first in the Greenhorn Lounge are those where a member makes an attempt to answer their own question astrologically ( but this is not mandatory). This shows a willingness to learn and the most of the members here are always willing to help others understand.

This forum (in my opinion) is more of a discussion and learning site, and the main objective is to encourage, interact and explain astrologically why something is happening in your life, rather than just ‘drop the answer in your lap’ and not necessarily to provide professional readings and forecast future events.

There are very few aspects to 'personal planets' in this chart, this suggests to me a bit of loner

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

Now your natal moon is conj 8th house cusp in Equal house and using solar arcs for rectification Age 24 there should have been a relocation?
Age 17 SA IC conj sun in 3rd house Equal house suggests the virgo restlessness and communications, poss lots ego needs, poss relocation and basic educ and siblings should have been important?

Now Transiting Saturn is currently 16' in Virgo conj natal mars, BUT mars is also square venus. Saturn square venus usually suggests some kind of breaking down, feeling unloved, short of money and conj mars, causes frustration and limitiations to do with ones 'ego' needs....

Hope this helps

joecoe

Hey astrologer50, thanks very much for the information. I usually use astro.com with the extended horoscope. looking back, i probably shouldn't have just made a "drop answer in my lap" type of question. Thanks for your time.

One thing i didn't understand was "....rectification Age 24 there..." and "Age 17 SA I.....". were you saying that at I at age 24 had a relocation? and that at age 17, all those things you said, should have been important?

elumen

hi joecoe,

both your asc and mc rulers ( i looked at saturn first, but would not discount uranus either) are in the 5th house, suggesting that creativity plays an important role in your career and self-expression. It is possible also that you'd be involved professionally with children. you're ruled by Mercury, so teaching/speaking/writing is favored. As it is in Libra, I'd conclude that you may be involved and interested in arts professionally (teaching arts to children/others?, being an artist). In general Gemini rising, Aquarius on the 10th indicates an interest/talents with the new technology (computers, for e.g), & given your strong Saturn, and Sun in Virgo, it confirms the technological talents. I could see you as curator in a museum, or teacher/lecturer/performer of arts, or a computer engineer/designer. Having both the Moon and Sun in practical Earth signs, you probably desire financial security and profesional advancement, so the computer work (if it has elements of creativity in it) would be a good field for that. Also, your MC receives a trine from Saturn from the 5th, a nice indication of you being able to achieve professionally and receive some honors (Saturn is exhalted in Libra), Mars squares you MC, however, and that indicates potential for conflicts with your co-workers and employees. Venus opposes your MC, which I judge will moderate the confrontational energy to some extent. Venus in Leo is highly creative, and ususually has an artistic talent of some kind. So to summarise, I think you'll do well professionally teaching/lecturing, or being artistic, and in connection with the new technologies. Let us know what you think of this?

Last edited:

waybread

Joe, I don't know what is your education and job experience to date, or whether you have the funds for additional schooling, but I wonder how you would feel about some applied field like engineering or being a technician. Both your sun and moon are in practical earth signs. Your ascendant, MC (10th house career cusp) are in air signs, suggesting that you do enjoy a mental challenge. Do you enjoy trouble-shooting when something doesn't work properly?

I find your chart format a little hard to read, but it looks as though Uranus, the ruler of your MC, is in the 6th house of work, service, and health. Uranus rules electricity and science more generally. So I wonder how you would feel about doing something with X-rays, MRIs, or electrical equipment in the health care field.

But hey, I am just an amateur at astrology, and "blind" chart readings are not easy. What careers do you seriously consider? What have you done so far?
------------
I just noted that elumen's reading crossed with mine. I was going to add that I thought you needed to have fun with your career (5th house)--but yikes! Our readings are very different! Elumen's suggestion that you should be artistic is correct, with your great Venus trine Mars. I hope you will clue us in about what you've done and where you'd like to be headed.

Last edited:

joecoe

First of all elumen, thank for the taking the time to look over my chart.

It was a very good reading. I graduated last year in Media art, after switching over from computer animation, before that was industrial technology, before that it was computer science. I just didn't like the purely technical side of it, and i wanted more arts. I'm also considering going for my masters in 1 1/2 years, but i'm nost sure yet as far as financials, etc. You were right about the kind of work i'd like. I was just given a 2 weeks notice from my employer for 3 years, that i would no longer be needed. I had mixed feelings about it. First i'm relieved because it is IT/Web Administration work and it was dry and non creative. But then there is also the other side of not having a job :).

"I think you'll do well professionally teaching/lecturing, or being artistic, and in connection with the new technologies." I think you perfectly stated the kind of path i'd like to be involved in. :) I just find it hard sometime to acutally trust life, and let i unfold. thanks again.

joecoe

hey Waybread thank for a reply.

"So I wonder how you would feel about doing something with X-rays, MRIs, or electrical equipment in the health care field."

Though i like the technical side of that area, it wouldn't have enough creativity in it for me. I would like to use visual arts in a different/broader definition of "health care".

As far as where I'm headed, I'm not sure. I'm at a crossroads right now and i'm just trying to figure out what to do.

joecoe said:
Hey astrologer50, thanks very much for the information. I usually use astro.com with the extended horoscope. looking back, i probably shouldn't have just made a "drop answer in my lap" type of question. Thanks for your time.

One thing i didn't understand was "....rectification Age 24 there..." and "Age 17 SA I.....". were you saying that at I at age 24 had a relocation? and that at age 17, all those things you said, should have been important?

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying....;)

Solar Arcs
Solar arcs are really simple, especially for beginners, just move the Angles, Asc, Desc, MC, IC 1' for each year of your life onto planets and vice versa. Not just used for rectification either. Under age 12 though these interpretations are directed towards family changes, maybe relocation, job changes, illnesses, additions to family etc. Another example is my Pluto is 28' Leo in 7th house and my Uranus is 3' Leo in same house to subtract these and you get age 25. That year my then husband and I had an almight explosion (Uranus) and transformation (Pluto) of that marriage that started the demise and ultimate ending thereof....

Further research on solar arcs try these threads.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12024&highlight=solar+arcs
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12958&highlight=solar+arcs
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6691&highlight=solar+arcs

Rectification of birth time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0G2S2Ti4I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMX9X2C1BQ&NR=1
· Transiting Pluto square, conj opp Asc, Desc, MC, IC
· If under 12’ when it conj an Angle then their age was under age 12 it’s parents adjustments. A death, change within father’s work, a separation, remarriage.
· Adults or teens, 1st job, identity transformation MC.
· Pluto conj Desc = death, health concerns, geographic, significant relationship or break up, but has to be ‘life transforming’
· Also try transiting Neptune, something dissolving, disappearing, confusing etc.
· Timings of transits… is it the 1st hit? More often it’s the middle retrograde hit… but could be the last direct hit also. 1’ =4minutes in time.

elumen

thank you, joecoe, i hope it was helpful. the economy crisis has affected many people (myself included), and i can understand why you may feel uncertain without a job security. let me share from personal experience, having worked in the IT field for almost 14 years, I have been always longing for more creative expression, until finally realized that I cannot go on doing the same old job even if it is safe, secure, and great but lacks creativity and meaning for me. So at the age of 30, I started making changes (although I longed for it from the beginning of my career when I was 23). it is so IMPORTANT that you'd make attempts to fully express yourself. i do think that you'll be more creative, b/c your ruler is in the 5th house but i encourage you to not discount creativity and self-expression b/c of the security concerns. So what Masters Degree are you considering? What career right now seems most appealing to you?

Last edited:

joecoe

Wow astrologer50, I'll definitely look into it.

At age 24 i did move from an apt i was renting, to a bought apt that my father help with the down payment while i pay the note.

At age 17 i started college, but as you can see in one of my previous posts, i was wandering through different majors before i went with media art.

Now the things you mentioned concerning 'age 12'. I don't know if you are refering to me at age 12, but during most of my childhood, including age 12, my family was always moving. My dad worked for an oil company, and our family relocated to many countries in africa and europe before settling in america at age 13. At age 12 i was not living with my parents i was in a boarding school (not for getting into trouble) in england. It was life changing, but it also wasn't my first time living without my parents. prior to the boarding school i was living with a maltese family. going to school in malta.

Again i don't know if you were refering to me or talking about an example.

joecoe

Elumen

Really an astrologer? There are systems/pathworks that astrology is a part of that I'm beginning to look at, so who knows? :D

" .....i encourage you to not discount creativity and self-expression b/c of the security concerns."

I know what you mean, but i find it so hard to take that leap sometimes. Really until the last 2 1/2 years with my current job, i really haven't made a "worthwhile" wage.

I'm thinking of getting my masters in media/Video art.

elumen

I think Moon in Capricorn is very concerned with financial and/or professional success, and it is hard to get away from it. But given your chart configuration, the creativity will be a part of your career. I imagine that you could make money in Animation, and Video art?

joecoe

Yes one could. but i don't know if i would have to leave town, and go to another city. How do you guys interpret the jupiter in scorpio and mars in scorpio? Also how come some of astrologers i run into don't bother looking at ceres, fortune, etc?

waybread

Good work, elumen.

Oh, well, Joe! Thanks for being nice about it.

I read your Jupiter/Mars in Scorpio as giving you a bit of a detective persona. Scorpio likes to get to the bottom of things. Of course, it could just mean you're a Devil with the Ladies!

Last edited:

joecoe

waybread.

Thanks for the reply. As far as being "A Devil with the ladies" which aspect are you reading to get that from? I don't think i've seen that interpretation on any site before.

I'm very "detective" like, sometimes to a fault.

elumen

Thanks, waybread! Actually, you're being too modest, I found your interpretation to be accurate and deep.
Joecoe, I usually do not look at parts or other points, b/c just understanding the planets is so infinitely complex and profound. i do not have experience with parts or asteroids, and wonder how much do they really matter? what evidence is there on how they impact our world?