Aries point, zero degree in cardinal houses

sandrang123

Hi all,

Can someone comment on the zero degree markers in angular houses in my chart? Three planets are conjunct the houses, too. (I give Venus a higher orb of influence, given that she's the ruler of my chart and aspected a lot. Otherwise I have pretty strict degrees I adhere to...)

Thank you!

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi all,

Can someone comment on the zero degree markers
in cardinal houses
in my chart?
There are no "Cardinal Houses" :smile:
There ARE Cardinal SIGNS however

Three planets are conjunct the houses, too.
(I give Venus a higher orb of influence, given that she's the ruler of my chart and aspected a lot.
Otherwise I have pretty strict degrees I adhere to...)

Thank you!

Most students are aware that houses are defined as angular (1st, 4th, 7th & 10th)
succeedent (2nd, 5th, 8th, & 11th)
and
cadent (3rd, 6th, 9th & 12th)
as shown in the diagram below
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary1d.html

ang.gif

"Zero degrees markers" you're talking about don't mean anything other than that you have four angles in the 1st degree of cardinal signs. :happy: I've gotta say that such combination doesn't happen often but I can't think of anything interesting in its meaning.

Your Jupiter is conjunct your IC which means that the themes of Jupiter should be very prominent in your life. It's always a good thing to have a benefic prominent. :wink: Especially since yours is in such a great condition: in domicile and in sect. It's in your 3rd house so it should generally bring you luck and happiness in the spheres of life ruled by this house. I'm not sure I would count Venus as prominent in your chart since from what I know, a 5-degree conjunction to an angle is allowed usually and yours is a bit further than that.

sandrang123

"Zero degrees markers" you're talking about don't mean anything other than that you have four angles in the 1st degree of cardinal signs. :happy: I've gotta say that such combination doesn't happen often but I can't think of anything interesting in its meaning.

Your Jupiter is conjunct your IC which means that the themes of Jupiter should be very prominent in your life. It's always a good thing to have a benefic prominent. :wink: Especially since yours is in such a great condition: in domicile and in sect. It's in your 3rd house so it should generally bring you luck and happiness in the spheres of life ruled by this house. I'm not sure I would count Venus as prominent in your chart since from what I know, a 5-degree conjunction to an angle is allowed usually and yours is a bit further than that.

Thank you so much for weighing in. I really appreciate it! I feel fortunate about the Jupiter placement (especially in Sag). It's on the IC but still in the third house, and I do write and publish novels, which works well with the themes of the third house. (My third book is currently out with editors in NYC.) But my writing can be slow-going and I tend to fuss a lot with it. I've often wondered if it's because of that square with Pluto in Virgo in the 12th, or if it's because my Jupiter natal placement was in retrograde and in the intercepted sign of Sag, which I've learned in classes makes the energies a bit "trapped" and harder to manifest.

At any rate, again: THANKS! You guys are great here. Very interesting reading your posts. Learning a lot. I took classes on this stuff for over a year or so--by no means a long time, given that my teacher has studied this stuff for 40+ years! I'm a little rusty on terms and aspect configurations, so this is a great forum for learning.

Sincerely,
Sandy
Save

sandrang123

Oh, and I give Venus a little wider orb because she's the ruler of my chart, and my "Scout" planet and aspected a lot and also the highest planet in my chart, at midheaven. But I defer on the orb range, as generally I'm a stickler about orbs degrees, otherwise. :lol: And I'll tell ya, most people love Venus, but she's given me her share of problems.:love:
Save

Last edited:
Thank you so much for weighing in. I really appreciate it! I feel fortunate about the Jupiter placement (especially in Sag). It's on the IC but still in the third house, and I do write and publish novels, which works well with the themes of the third house. (My third book is currently out with editors in NYC.) But my writing can be slow-going and I tend to fuss a lot with it. I've often wondered if it's because of that square with Pluto in Virgo in the 12th, or if it's because my Jupiter natal placement was in retrograde and in the intercepted sign of Sag, which I've learned in classes makes the energies a bit "trapped" and harder to manifest.

At any rate, again: THANKS! You guys are great here. Very interesting reading your posts. Learning a lot. I took classes on this stuff for over a year or so--by no means a long time, given that my teacher has studied this stuff for 40+ years! I'm a little rusty on terms and aspect configurations, so this is a great forum for learning.

Sincerely,
Sandy
Save

Oh! I actually wanted to add something about writing because the 3rd house is related to that but I was unsure so decided not to include it in my post. I'm really happy for you writing novels, it seems to be an excellent option for you. :) It's OK if you aren't writing very quickly, it's better not to rush with such things to get better results. I don't use the outer planets, but I think it may be due to your retrograde Jupiter (so I agree here) and also Mercury. Well, I'm personally not a fan of this "intercepted" thing in quadrant systems like Placidus and don't think it's important (from my experience, yours may be different) so I'm currently switching to whole signs. :cool: In your chart though it won't change any of your positions because you are lucky enough to have an early ascendant. :w00t: Good luck with your studies! Astrology is fascinating and I'm only learning myself. But, you know, always challenge your masters and don't take anything they say as the ultimate truth. :wink: Always test things for yourself and see if they work or not.

By the way, regarding "the ruler of your chart" question, yeah, I see that Venus is the ruler of Libra, but traditionally it doesn't automatically mean that Venus rules your whole chart! I calculated the ruler of your chart using Ibn Ezra's method (you can google it) and if I'm correct, then the ruler of your chart is actually Saturn! It's also the planet which is exalted in your ascendant sign, Libra, so it would be important in your chart either way. Saturn is called the almuten of your chart. You know, the traditional interpretation of this almuten isn't very great and I think it isn't conclusive to describe a person in one sentence, but here is what is usually said about Saturn as the almuten:

If [the Almuten figuris] is Saturn he will retire from society, investigate hidden things and suffer adversity.

Don't know if it resonates with you or not! But yes, Venus is your most elevated planet and is pretty close to MC so I guess it may be prominent in your life anyway. :happy:

By the way, what orbs do you use? Just curious.

sandrang123

Dear Solar Flare,

I'm sorry I'm just now reading this. (Busy week.) I'm just learning about Whole Sign, but you're right...it didn't seem to shift the dial a lot on my chart.

Orbs: I use 5 degree leeway on either side for Sun/Moon, Jupiter/Saturn. Everything else gets 3 degree orb of influence.

You wrote: "I calculated the ruler of your chart using Ibn Ezra's method (you can google it) and if I'm correct, then the ruler of your chart is actually Saturn!"

I don't know that method and will GOOGLE it. But Saturn has been a strong influence on me, too. That might be responsible for the slow going nature of my work! Mostly, I feel that the Saturn square to my moon really causes some issues now and then. :crying: And Saturn in my 9th house has led to almost a phobia/restriction on foreign traveling/lots of traveling (I hate to fly!). I've lived in 5 states but only once went abroad...and when I did I stayed abroad for 1 month plus. Must have been a transit. :)

Fascinating about the almutan/Saturn.Yes, it does resonate. For all intents and purposes, I'm very reclusive--work from home, often shun crowds, etc. And I have investigated "hidden things". Life of adversity...not sure. Weird things, definitely: Plutonian birth experience (often common, I've heard, for those with Pluto on the ascendant), bed struck by lightning as child, sister ran away/never came back, abuse, father drowned (on the same day as Japan's tsunami--weird Uranus transit that day, if I recall, and on the 29th degree). But I've also been blessed with good fortune, too...far more of it. (Must be my Jupiter placement speaking there...) :innocent:

Thank you for your insights.
All Best,
Sandy