Pullen/Astrolog Sign/House Dispositor Graph

StillOne

I've been intrigued by the Pullen/Astrolog Sign/House Dispositor Graph on Astro.com for some time now. Finally I decided to contact Mr. Pullen himself and briefly quiz him on this chart. Here's the brief discussion:

>I’m curious as to where I may find more information on your astrology as included on Astro.com?

Greetings! The "Pullen" charts on astro.com are generated by my program "Astrolog", which is available on my Website http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm and whose features are documented at http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/astrolog.htm - The dispositor chart is the graphics chart accessed with the -J command line switch.

>I’m specifically curious about the Sign/House dispositor and what it may mean to have Uranus as the final dispositor of the Sign chart and Neptune as the final dispositor of the House chart.

Briefly and roughly stated, a dispositor basically means a planet (i.e. an aspect of oneself) is influenced by another. For example, Sun in Scorpio (or 8th house) means Sun is influenced by Pluto (ruler of Scorpio). The final dispositor is a core energy that influences and is a basis of your entire being. Zodiac signs are internal characteristics, while houses are external areas in the world. Therefore, Uranus as final sign dispositor means on an inner level your core is Uranian (e.g. individual, a catalyst for change, etc), while Neptune as final house dispositor means the core of your outer life is Neptunian (e.g. spiritual, compassionate, etc).

- Walter :)
http://www.astrolog.org

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

I've been intrigued by the Pullen/Astrolog Sign/House Dispositor Graph on Astro.com for some time now. Finally I decided to contact Mr. Pullen himself and briefly quiz him on this chart. Here's the brief discussion:

Wow, this is pretty neat.
I have been intrigued as well by the Pullen material, and it is so great you contacted him!
His comments are spot on.

Julia

StillOne

Wow, this is pretty neat.
I have been intrigued as well by the Pullen material, and it is so great you contacted him!
His comments are spot on.

Julia

Yeah, I was aware of the Sign dispositor and what it represented but the House dispositor always stumped me. I liked that he mentioned this:

house dispositor means the core of your outer life

For me, this realization has been pretty big...

graay ghost

You mean as compared to astro.com? For me it doesn't seem to be a big issue as it's only a few seconds difference.

I mean where if you have planets that are even just minutes from a cusp, his calculators put them in the previous house rather than the cusp house, like most astrologers do. It'd be nice to be able to adjust the threshold, too, but alas.

Julia Karmic Astrology

I mean where if you have planets that are even just minutes from a cusp, his calculators put them in the previous house rather than the cusp house, like most astrologers do. It'd be nice to be able to adjust the threshold, too, but alas.

FWIW, from a karmic astrology standpoint, Pullen is doing it the correct way.

Last edited:

graay ghost

FWIW, from a karmic astrology standpoint, Pullen is doing it the correct way.
We don't move anything around in the natal chart.
We play it as it lays.

How do you deal with the inherent imprecision of birth times?

As a programmer and not an astrologer, it looks like something he was too lazy to code, or didn't want to deal with arguments over degree threshold.

Bunraku

You’re right. I thought we were talking about the Pullen/Astrolog as a whole, when it calculates its percentages and strengths, etc.

Do you really need software to do this though? You can easily do it by eye.

StillOne

You’re right. I thought we were talking about the Pullen/Astrolog as a whole, when it calculates its percentages and strengths, etc.

Do you really need software to do this though? You can easily do it by eye.

Ummm, forgive me for being ignorant, but I specifically contacted Mr. Pullen to hear his definition on the House Dispositor since I hadn't seen that elsewhere. I figured since I may have his attention, that I would also ask him about his definition of the Sign Dispositor in case it differed from what I knew it as, since I sometimes don't understand where he gets his methods from.

abraxas

Two things: 1. I am not sure how it makes sense to accept Pluto, Uranus, Neptune, Saturn or Jupiter as a final dispositor while they stay in a sign so long. 2. Pretty much all Leos has Sun as final dispositor so they should completely ignore the concept?