Sirius Star

aldebaran

I'm opening this thread to discuss this star influence. Anyone had experiences with it?

Robson, via Constellation of Words:

"According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Jupiter and Mars and, to Alvidas, of the Moon, Jupiter and Mars. It gives honor, renown, wealth, ardor, faithfulness, devotion, passion and resentment, and makes its natives custodians, curators and guardians. It also gives danger of dog bites, and two examples of this effect will be found under Procyon. "

Separating terms with similar meanings:

Honor/Renown/Wealth
Passion/Ardor
Faithfulness/Devotion
Resentment

-> Custodians/Curators/Guardians

The general description seems to describe a "honored passionate devoted guardian".

With the planets, the general description seems to be expanding the Planet natural influence in a mostly positive way, including a few other keywords like gain by inheritance(Venus), diplomatic, high position through friends(Saturn), gain through harmonious marriage(Uranus), occult interests, good organizing ability(Neptune), metals (Mars and Sun).

Intrigued me the relation between Uranus and marriage and Neptune and organizing ability, when conjuncting this star.

I suppose we should interpret always linking with the idea of passionated faithful devotion.

I'm always doubtful if Ptolemy meant by Jupiter something more Sagittarius or Pisces, and by Mars something more Aries or Scorpio. Or perhaps both?

The honor, wealth, martial affairs seems Sagittarius/Aries, but Passion/Faithfulness could rather indicate Pisces/Scorpio.

Do you have experience with the star? Situations to relate? Books you've read? It would be great to hear (read) anything that makes more comprehensible a more insightful meaning of Sirius' influence.

ps: Kafka had Jupiter in exact conjunction, and by online charts his 5th house is in Sagittarius. When I was writting this I noted that the theme of intense passion and devotion(going to extremes) is a common trait of Kafka's characters.

aldebaran

So perhaps the Dog is really this thing of the famous devotion of the dogs?

I looked for Brel's chart for "L'ombre de ton chien" and there's Mars conjuncting Sirius, close to Pluto also.

So, I'm starting to think this star vibrates in a sort of Kafka and Ne me quitte pas kind of energy.
I wouldn't imagine the Egyptians so romantic before!

aldebaran

Continuing the research, it's said that Brel's verse was written inspired in Dostoievski and Garcia Lorca.

For Dostoievski I found no Sirius connection, Garcia Lorca had Venus in conjunction.

I also noted that both Kafka and Brel had some physical traits in common - which perhaps are not exactly "physical", but rather of expression. They were both very skinny with big "frighten" eyes. Brel was called "the belgium alien", and Kafka, well, has also a remarkable impressive image. I don't want to be negative about the image, I believe they have both an "impressive" image that shows intensity at the look and expression. Ardor, devotion, passion just like the description of the Star's influence.

The constellation is usually depicted by a skinny dog.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Through Renaissance times, the asterism known as the "Egyptian X" was important in both alchemy and what we of today would call "esoteric astrology".
The asterism is composed of the stars Betelgeuze, Phact, Procyon and Naos, with Sirius at the center of the figure (the center of the X)...

astrocali

my sun is conjunct Sirius which is also in my 1st house in Cancer. I have an aggressive dog, a pitbull. My son has been bitten on the face twice by dogs. These are very literal, but I have always thought they had something to do with Sirius. I also have a great love for dogs, iI would like to rescue more pitbulls.

katydid

my sun is conjunct Sirius which is also in my 1st house in Cancer. I have an aggressive dog, a pitbull. My son has been bitten on the face twice by dogs. These are very literal, but I have always thought they had something to do with Sirius. I also have a great love for dogs, iI would like to rescue more pitbulls.

Rescuing more pitbulls would be nice--but I do hope you will be keeping your son safe if you do so.

:alien:

Last edited:

aldebaran

Through Renaissance times, the asterism known as the "Egyptian X" was important in both alchemy and what we of today would call "esoteric astrology".
The asterism is composed of the stars Betelgeuze, Phact, Procyon and Naos, with Sirius at the center of the figure (the center of the X)...

How great! Can you tell more about this?
Do you think Alchemy has a strong relation with Pluto(if it was a good choice the symbol)?

I have both Mars and Descendant 0 degree conjunct Sirius.

Can I have my rewards and honors now?

Could you tell us perhaps in a clever description what are your similitudes with a dog?
Both the great and the narrow properties of the Dog Archetype, or, let's be grounded, of the animal dog! It's devotion and faithfulness, it's rage... it's good sniffing; there's some relation?

ps: How do you feel about Brel's work having Mars in conjunction with his?

fixed stars are other people who influence u
sirius is the brightest one

How beautiful interpretation! Though not so sociable people have the right to reduce many stars to fewer people! I guess I read a topic you made about a Quazar/Black hole, how would you consider them under this line?

AppLeo

Could you tell us perhaps in a clever description what are your similitudes with a dog?
Both the great and the narrow properties of the Dog Archetype, or, let's be grounded, of the animal dog! It's devotion and faithfulness, it's rage... it's good sniffing; there's some relation?

ps: How do you feel about Brel's work having Mars in conjunction with his?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking...

I remember getting badly bitten by a dog when I was 3 or 4. My parents sold the dog.

aldebaran

I'm not quite sure what you're asking...

I'm asking to suppose that this star might really govern the nature of the dogs & wolfes, in wuch a way that it might whisper to them their most notable behaviours; their always faithfulness, their great heart and anxiety, their bravure, rage, good hearing, good sniffing, etc. And, considering of course no hierachy between species I would be asking you, as human, if something in your behaviour, psychology, self-identity could have something similar with canidiae familiariae.

AppLeo

I'm asking to suppose that this star might really govern the nature of the dogs & wolfes, in wuch a way that it might whisper to them their most notable behaviours; their always faithfulness, their great heart and anxiety, their bravure, rage, good hearing, good sniffing, etc. And, considering of course no hierachy between species I would be asking you, as human, if something in your behaviour, psychology, self-identity could have something similar with canidiae familiariae.

Well.. I don't know, honestly.

I don't really act like a dog or think like a dog.

I guess I identify as a dog. I'm fond of art that involves wolves. I like to draw wolves a lot.

Since I have Mars conjunct Sirius I would say my actions are loyal and protective of myself and the people I love.