Cancer Independence Days

Osamenor

Staff member
It occurred to me that several countries have their independence days in July/Cancer month. Off the top of my head, the U.S., Canada, and France. The Cancer theme of homeland, our people, seems to fit very well with a patriotic holiday. That got me wondering if sun in Cancer month is a particularly big one for independence days globally.

So, I looked it up. There are indeed quite a few national independence days in July, and in late June. But there are about as many in Leo month, and the most in Virgo month.

I wonder if there is any particular correlation between Cancer and the official formation of a new country. Do the countries that don't celebrate their birthdays under a Cancer sun perhaps have other significant Cancer in their natal charts? Has that been studied anywhere?

david starling

It occurred to me that several countries have their independence days in July/Cancer month. Off the top of my head, the U.S., Canada, and France. The Cancer theme of homeland, our people, seems to fit very well with a patriotic holiday. That got me wondering if sun in Cancer month is a particularly big one for independence days globally.

So, I looked it up. There are indeed quite a few national independence days in July, and in late June. But there are about as many in Leo month, and the most in Virgo month.

I wonder if there is any particular correlation between Cancer and the official formation of a new country. Do the countries that don't celebrate their birthdays under a Cancer sun perhaps have other significant Cancer in their natal charts? Has that been studied anywhere?

Seems like they would be more matriarchal, under the Signs :cancer: & :virgo:. Russia used the "Mother Russia" theme, at least before the Bolshevik revolution. Germany used "Fatherland", which links to the word "patriotic". Of course, we have the Statue of Liberty, which is feminine. "Lady Liberty".

Osamenor

Staff member
Seems like they would be more matriarchal, under the Signs :cancer: & :virgo:. Russia used the "Mother Russia" theme, at least before the Bolshevik revolution. Germany used "Fatherland", which links to the word "patriotic". Of course, we have the Statue of Liberty, which is feminine. "Lady Liberty".

I'm thinking of Cancer in a more general sense. Yes, it's the matriarch sign, but it's also about family, roots, and your people, in general.

I also find it significant that LGBTQ Pride comes during Cancer month. Identity and people in another sense.

Speaking of countries with Cancer independence days, France's national anthem refers to "la patrie," also fatherland. "Allons enfants de la patrie...."

Last edited:

david starling

I'm thinking of Cancer in a more general sense. Yes, it's the matriarch sign, but it's also about family, roots, and your people, in general.

I also find it significant that LGBTQ Pride comes during Cancer month. Identity and people in another sense.

Speaking of countries with Cancer independence days, France's national anthem refers to "la patrie," also fatherland. "Allons enfants de la patrie...."

Yes, and banding together for group security.

CapAquaPis

The twin culture nations USA and Canada are different countries, but as cancerian, they strongly value unity and community. American liberty patriotism and Canadian multicultural unity are cancerian in having every person as an equal member in society. And may I add the republic of France founded after the Bastille uprising to started the French revolution on July 14, 1789, a new regime values liberty, equality and fraternity. The city of Paris named for the Parisii, a Celtic or Gallic tribe is thought to named themselves after a female deity represented either by Venus or the moon which is ruled by Cancer.

Lykanized

Don't forget the fact Cancer is cardinal water. There's a facet of independence inherent in cardinality mixed with water, independence of self and desire to express one's ideals and in a way, bring them into tangible reality forming a poetic crosspoint to the opposing Earth element. Cardinal water = very spiritually charged action and creation which could include destruction of what came before for the sake of bringing in something new

Also, Cancer isn't geared toward group security. It's more likely to steer away from the group entirely to find security in the self. So if security has anything to do with independence of nations, it's about creating an environment that's more liberating and free as Cancer(ruled by the moon) is a highly spiritual and intuitive sign so the state of things may not suit it. Cardinality and that emotionally charged water gears it more toward either causing mass change in the external, or retreating into the internal. Not group security

Picture it like a bomb building up internally until it must destroy its shell, march boldly into the external world, and spur that massive change

You really have to go down to the bare essential facets of signs rather than looking at stereotypes. Cancer= cardinal water. So what is the energy of cardinal water beyond all stereotypes? Cardinal is actually leadership energy, desire to DO something, change something, start something new, create. Water is soulful, emotional, mostly inclined to be calm. But mixed with cardinality? It's about spiritually charged creation and seeking liberation of the soul so it can breathe

And... Cancer isn't about physical home, it's about spiritual home. It's not about security, it's about liberation of spirit. People often speak of Cancer as if it's an Earth sign. It's a water sign. So if it seeks security, what is that security? It's about the spirit. So this plays into seeking of independence on a grand level as often the external world can feel constricting to Cancerian energy which eventually spurs it into action to change something so that it can breathe

Last edited:

Lykanized

Cardinality changes tides, brings in something new, changes the chapter, changes the season, changes the book entirely. That relates directly to national independence. It's different from Air, Earth, and Fire in that Water and Cardinal seem to be at odds with each other, but because of that, they create intense change, that conflict, as conflicts do, is the fuse for the bomb and then comes massive change

Brizabot

Premium Member
Don't forget the fact Cancer is cardinal water. There's a facet of independence inherent in cardinality mixed with water, independence of self and desire to express one's ideals and in a way, bring them into tangible reality forming a poetic crosspoint to the opposing Earth element. Cardinal water = very spiritually charged action and creation which could include destruction of what came before for the sake of bringing in something new

Also, Cancer isn't geared toward group security. It's more likely to steer away from the group entirely to find security in the self. So if security has anything to do with independence of nations, it's about creating an environment that's more liberating and free as Cancer(ruled by the moon) is a highly spiritual and intuitive sign so the state of things may not suit it. Cardinality and that emotionally charged water gears it more toward either causing mass change in the external, or retreating into the internal. Not group security

Picture it like a bomb building up internally until it must destroy its shell, march boldly into the external world, and spur that massive change

You really have to go down to the bare essential facets of signs rather than looking at stereotypes. Cancer= cardinal water. So what is the energy of cardinal water beyond all stereotypes? Cardinal is actually leadership energy, desire to DO something, change something, start something new, create. Water is soulful, emotional, mostly inclined to be calm. But mixed with cardinality? It's about spiritually charged creation and seeking liberation of the soul so it can breathe

And... Cancer isn't about physical home, it's about spiritual home. It's not about security, it's about liberation of spirit. People often speak of Cancer as if it's an Earth sign. It's a water sign. So if it seeks security, what is that security? It's about the spirit. So this plays into seeking of independence on a grand level as often the external world can feel constricting to Cancerian energy which eventually spurs it into action to change something so that it can breathe

I absolutely love this. Thank you 🙏🏼

Lykanized

I absolutely love this. Thank you ����
You're welcome, love!
The grand majority of people really do not understand Cancer, imo. Highly misunderstood sign

Always got to remember that the moon symbolizes the soul and that Cancer is a water sign, not an Earth sign. So its concerns aren't material, but internal. And thus its association with security is because the external/material world doesn't align with the internal spiritual self. So the Cancer has two choices: Retreat and become a hermit, or go into the external and shake things up. Cardinality eventually leads it to the latter

Brizabot

Premium Member
You're welcome, love!
The grand majority of people really do not understand Cancer, imo. Highly misunderstood sign

Always got to remember that the moon symbolizes the soul and that Cancer is a water sign, not an Earth sign. So its concerns aren't material, but internal. And thus its association with security is because the external/material world doesn't align with the internal spiritual self. So the Cancer has two choices: Retreat and become a hermit, or go into the external and shake things up. Cardinality eventually leads it to the latter

I identify with all the things that you talk about c@ncer. Yet it is hard for me to express it. I wish I didn’t have a body and I could just be. This material world is hideous. I get so hung up on how things planned out for us. Thankfully we have people like you that is able to out this into words.

david starling

I identify with all the things that you talk about c@ncer. Yet it is hard for me to express it. I wish I didn’t have a body and I could just be. This material world is hideous. I get so hung up on how things planned out for us. Thankfully we have people like you that is able to out this into words.

The Sign with the most to gain from the tropical Age of Aquarius is :cancer:. The 2 Solsticial-signs are the farthest apart, regarding the physical world. Naming a dreadful disease for the Sign opposite the tropical Age-sign Capricorn is but one of the symptoms. Its ruler, the Moon became associated with "lunacy", and is now considered a lifeless chunk of rock by Capricornian Age science.

Monk

Premium Member
A great deal of independence days are aligned to Sirius and Alnilam, some times by projected, but mostly by paran.

david starling

A great deal of independence days are aligned to Sirius and Alnilam, some times by projected, but mostly by paran.

Is there a natural correlation, as delineated astrologically? Or, are these parans alignments a deliberate choice, continuing ancient ritualistic practices?

Monk

Premium Member
Is there a natural correlation, as delineated astrologically? Or, are these parans alignments a deliberate choice, continuing ancient ritualistic practices?

As most countries have had or do have alignments to Sirius or Alnilam on National Days, i think they are deliberate, which means highly placed people with strange beliefs, but i could be wrong, either way we are controlled by Sirius, EEEKKK, ....LOL!

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/V1983

Brizabot

Premium Member
The Sign with the most to gain from the tropical Age of Aquarius is :cancer:. The 2 Solsticial-signs are the farthest apart, regarding the physical world. Naming a dreadful disease for the Sign opposite the tropical Age-sign Capricorn is but one of the symptoms. Its ruler, the Moon became associated with "lunacy", and is now considered a lifeless chunk of rock by Capricornian Age science.

My ascendant is Aquarius. I identify a lot with that too. Which i never knew until I learned my chart placements. But it’s so interesting !

Monk

Premium Member
Canada Day 1st July, using midnight day marker is aligned to Sirius on Nadir:-

yh5bdb0047.png

leomoon

Nothing in the universe is static which includes imo, the natal chart of a country.
I usually look up words that I don't use in everyday parlance, to make sure its the same I wish to convey:
ADJECTIVE - STATIC

1. lacking in movement, action, or change, especially in a way viewed as undesirable or uninteresting.
    "demand has grown in what was a fairly static market" · [more]

synonyms:
    unchanged · fixed · stable · steady · unchanging · changeless · unvarying · invariable · constant · consistent · uniform · undeviating

Thus, it seems to me, we should be likewise, looking up these others to see where their progressed Suns and Ascendants are now located. I used the Sibley chart in my default program. There is likewise, one that puts the time of founding with Antares on the DC cusp or near. Antares was called by the ancients, "Anti-Ares"

I always saw the U.S.A. as 1) material minded i.e. "take the oil" mentality, 2) freedom seeking and 3) quick to anger (Sag Rising) cj. Antares.)

But maybe that's just me.

I also have Cancer Rising in my natal chart and an estranged elder daughter who is a Cancer Sun.

Last edited: