Eating for pleasure

Abby83

What to do when eating gives you immense pleasure and you eat for pleasure. Yep, that's me. How can i lose weight if this is what im like. Do i see a psychologist? I already see a dietitian. She wants me to never have junk food. But i cant help but have it once a week.

My 2nd ruler (what i eat) is jupiter in sag in 1st house conjunct moon. Oh boy it makes me happy and i feel abundant. But not good for the scales. But im thinking, is a psychologist the best option?

katydid

Maybe, or a hypnotist...:ninja:

The Moon is innate, ingrained habits. Maybe a hypnotist will help you change and rebuild those instincts/cravings?

greybeard

I would look to the 6th, not the 2nd, for diet and health matters, as well as habitual behaviors. Probable Aries cusp, Mars lord.

And yes, Moon.

And Venus, lady of pleasures.

And yes, a hypnotist.

Last edited:

Abby83

Meet a guy...fall in love...and have your heart broken from a break up.

Perfect way to lose your appetite.

Lol :biggrin: having said that i did get heartbroken many years ago and ate very little and i retained a lot of fluid. The body has a funny way of dealing with things. These days id definitely say im addicted to the high i get from eating icecream, chocolate and chips. and if i cant eat that ill eat more of healthy foods but so much that i gain weight.

jac

Learn to separate the opiods from the massive calories, and read the poems of Victor Buono.

Good Luck! ;)

Lin

Sugar is an addictive drug. So you need to be in a 12 step program or something like it for people who are addicted to certain foods. PLUS a few sessions with a reputable hypnotist. But hypnotism alone won't do it. Post hypnotic suggestion is not forever.
You need to have to "message" every day. Sometimes the hypnotist will give you a recording you can use every day to reinforce the suggestion.

There are ways of substituting a less fattening food for a more fattening one. It depends upon your sense of taste. I have found many substitutes for fattening foods thru the years. But I have to say that staying at a sensible weight has been more important than any food.

Being able to go to my closet and wear what I like instead of "whatever fits" is my reward. Going into a clothing store and knowing what size you are is a reward.

Feeling fit is a reward. They say you can maintain a healthy weight without exercise. But you can't. You have to burn more calories per day than you consume or you will keep gaining or won't lose. In our society exercise which makes you sweat is not built into our daily routine, as it was when we lived in a farming society.

And the older you get to "put off" eating healthily and sensibly the harder it gets to lose one pound.

You also MUST know the number of calories you are consuming. If you don't, you really don't care that much. Or you are deluding yourself.

It's also important to be a role model for your children. If they learn to eat healthily and know they don't have to eat junk food or really fattening foods in order to be satisfied you will have the reward of being a better mom.

LIN

Hkk

Account Closed
Going to the gym stops you from eating ****. Regular gym. From personal experience the harder I work at the gym the more determined I get to eat healthier and I don’t deprive myself of any ‘bad’ foods as that just makes me worse. Use the Aries/mars in your chart to get obsessed with healthy living and that will be stronger than the Jupiter in you. I have Jupiter in the first house and I know how it feels to eat and out on weight. I have to really control myself but then I get rewarded with a hot smoking body! Maybe you should put an overweight person on your fridge and a pic of the healthier hotter version of you to remind you what you will miss. What puts me off is all the illnesses that come with too much of a good thing. The gym can get too obsessive too and that’s not good. All in moderation xx

Abby83

Sugar is an addictive drug. So you need to be in a 12 step program or something like it for people who are addicted to certain foods. PLUS a few sessions with a reputable hypnotist. But hypnotism alone won't do it. Post hypnotic suggestion is not forever.
You need to have to "message" every day. Sometimes the hypnotist will give you a recording you can use every day to reinforce the suggestion.

There are ways of substituting a less fattening food for a more fattening one. It depends upon your sense of taste. I have found many substitutes for fattening foods thru the years. But I have to say that staying at a sensible weight has been more important than any food.

Being able to go to my closet and wear what I like instead of "whatever fits" is my reward. Going into a clothing store and knowing what size you are is a reward.

Feeling fit is a reward. They say you can maintain a healthy weight without exercise. But you can't. You have to burn more calories per day than you consume or you will keep gaining or won't lose. In our society exercise which makes you sweat is not built into our daily routine, as it was when we lived in a farming society.

And the older you get to "put off" eating healthily and sensibly the harder it gets to lose one pound.

You also MUST know the number of calories you are consuming. If you don't, you really don't care that much. Or you are deluding yourself.

It's also important to be a role model for your children. If they learn to eat healthily and know they don't have to eat junk food or really fattening foods in order to be satisfied you will have the reward of being a better mom.

LIN

Thank you very much for your reply. I must say im seeing the connection with my current health condition and food. ive got a referral to see an endocrinologist in a few months. i have excessive muscle weakness which makes it impossible for me to even do basic exercise. a bit of walking 10 mins a day is fine though. so i guess that's why im overweight. so i need to get that sorted. once i can exercise im sure ill be better. as for eating for pleasure - my husband and i were just talking about this at a cafe. wewere saying how much we wished there could be more places that just offered healthy food options. like we went to a healthy burger place. but then we went to this cafe that had these delicious healthy treats in a cafe that had all these other unhealthy cakes and dishes on offer there. it makes life difficult when u have kids. how much easier would life be if we could just go to the mall or the beach and the only food available was made from natural healthy ingredients.

or1000

Lol moon 2nd house here, let me tell you, I eat with the biggest smile on my face. Food has had my back when nobody else has hahah

Emmrose

What to do when eating gives you immense pleasure and you eat for pleasure. Yep, that's me. How can i lose weight if this is what im like. Do i see a psychologist? I already see a dietitian. She wants me to never have junk food. But i cant help but have it once a week.

My 2nd ruler (what i eat) is jupiter in sag in 1st house conjunct moon. Oh boy it makes me happy and i feel abundant. But not good for the scales. But im thinking, is a psychologist the best option?

Eating for pleasure is normal. Maybe try to find good food that's healthy and you like?

Abby83

LIN

Looking back there are a few things id like to add that are contributing to my difficulty losing weight. You talk about how good it feels to fit in the clothes you like and to look and feel good. I totally agree with that. but when a craving comes over, it totally overrides any other feeling. I need to satisfy with food above anything else. so the feeling of appetite overrides the mental and emotional satisfaction of looks.
I've noticed that my busy unpredictable lifestyle with my kids get in the way of me having a regular daily exercise regime. I had a boxing workout with my husband yesterday only cos his parents had our kids. but now they said they cant handle our autistic son. then everyday with the kids is hectic as anything. the other mums i talk to say they either workout at 4am or dont exercise at all. I will try my hardest to fit in exercise but then the kids are gonna have to be looked after elsewhere.