Mars-Pluto: A potentially dangerous aspect in someone's natal chart

Cary2

Banned
How many musicians have you checked? It's such an expressive group. What about Bob Dylan?

Do you know your planetary pairs? Do you have Ebertin's guide, Seymour-Smith's guide, Martin Freedman's guide, Rob Hand's guide? Mercury/Venus is one of the guides to music and art. Venus/Neptune is. Venus/Mars is. Of course there is Venus.

Bob Dylan's chart has Mercury/Venus as the closest factors to his angles. Furthermore, Venus trines his MC. Mercury squares his Neptune. "Boy, that guy is hard to understand. What does he mean, 'the vandals took the handles'"?

Attachments

• astro_2atw_bob_dylan.72021.75736.jpg
    astro_2atw_bob_dylan.72021.75736.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
Let's say Lindsey Buckingham comes to you for a natal chart reading. You see that Pluto, Mars, Venus, and Moon rule his chart, and Mars squares Venus.

See here, young man, your life will be dominated significantly by a passionate relationship with a lover (Mars/Pluto/Venus), but it is a very difficult relationship, your lover may become frightened of your intensity. She may grow weary of the strife. Your reaction of intense emotionalism is tiring.

But you might take a path in art or music. Maybe Rock (Mars) Music (Venus). You may find fame (Pluto/Ascendant).

This is what you do with rulers.

Last edited:

david starling

Do you know your planetary pairs? Do you have Ebertin's guide, Seymour-Smith's guide, Martin Freedman's guide, Rob Hand's guide? Mercury/Venus is one of the guides to music and art. Venus/Neptune is. Venus/Mars is. Of course there is Venus.

Bob Dylan's chart has Mercury/Venus as the closest factors to his angles. Furthermore, Venus trines his MC. Mercury squares his Neptune. "Boy, that guy is hard to understand. What does he mean, 'the vandals took the handles'"?

"God knows when, but he's doin' it again!" -{B.D.}. :lol:

conspiracy theorist

Hi Cary, I have a question on midpoints. Do you count as significant the converging of many midpoints at one location? Do they constitute a legitimate planetary bend? Say the Mars/Pluto and Moon/Jupiter midpoint both fell on 12 Scorpio, would you count this as a Mars-Pluto-Moon-Jupiter blend to be interpreted as if they were all in aspect? (I don't have this in my chart)

Cary2

Banned
Hi Cary, I have a question on midpoints. Do you count as significant the converging of many midpoints at one location? Do they constitute a legitimate planetary bend? Say the Mars/Pluto and Moon/Jupiter midpoint both fell on 12 Scorpio, would you count this as a Mars-Pluto-Moon-Jupiter blend to be interpreted as if they were all in aspect? (I don't have this in my chart)

I believe the Cosmobiologists use such techniques as valid, and I believe Martin Seymour-Smith did, but I rarely need to dig that deeply. I think it matters when you want to solve a puzzle about a chart, but I usually don't find myself resorting to it.

david starling

The transiting Moon is currently opposition the transiting Saturn close-conjunct Pluto midpoint. If this were in a Natal-chart, how important would the midpoint be, compared to just the two oppositions?

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
The transiting Moon is currently opposition the transiting Saturn close-conjunct Pluto midpoint. If this were in a Natal-chart, how important would the midpoint be, compared to just the two oppositions?

"Close conjunct " what X/Pluto midpoint? Pluto and what has a midpoint?

Cary2

Banned
Saturn 20 degrees :capricorn:/Pluto 23 degrees :capricorn:.
Moon about 22 degrees :cancer:.

That in a natal chart would indicate a very difficult relationship with the mother. One's background may include cruelty that might also be expressed by the native. There is probably an occult aptitude. One may need therapy but resist the need, or encounter a difficult experience with therapy.

More: A brutal suppression of feelings.

Not all the suggestions need apply. We judge which by conformation with the rest of the chart.

Last edited:

david starling

That in a natal chart would indicate a very difficult relationship with the mother. One's background may include cruelty that might also be expressed by the native. There is probably an occult aptitude. One may need therapy but resist the need, or encounter a difficult experience with therapy.

Not all the suggestions need apply. We judge which by conformation with the rest of the chart.

Do Saturn and Pluto combine their natures at the midpoint?
Both the Moon and Saturn are in Domicle, which ups the stakes.

Cary2

Banned
You could have expressed that as Moon = Saturn/Pluto or Moon oppose Saturn/Pluto. In your example with signs, the background and parental issues are accentuated.

Cary2

Banned
Do Saturn and Pluto combine their natures at the midpoint?
Both the Moon and Saturn are in Domicle, which ups the stakes.

I see it that way. It would call attention to the matter most emphatically. I feel that way because I find the signs involved help interpret the connections, not because I follow the elaborate rulership scheme of traditional astrology. I have seen how important Moon is in its own sign and Saturn in his.

david starling

I'm trying (ineptly) to ask if you would consider the Saturn/Pluto midpoint as an important consideration, apart from the two separate oppositions. I'm not well-defined in midpoint astrology.

Cary2

Banned
I'm trying (ineptly) to ask if you would consider the Saturn/Pluto midpoint as an important consideration, apart from the two separate oppositions. I'm not well-defined in midpoint astrology.

That's a good question but a tough question. If there were merely the aspectual connection but not in orb of a midpoint, it is still the same theme. If there is a midpoint connection and a a dual oppostion, that would be extra emphasis, the kind of extra emphasis that might apply with smaller, more exact orbs.

It is only a difference of emphasis. The three planets in combination retain the same theme due to the blend Moon/Saturn/Pluto.

Last edited: