3rd housers!

Mikehtc13

Describe your journey thorough your third house. I feel that is a house that is ALWAYS on. It's communication and the mind (among other things).

conspiracy theorist

I commend you for picking a rarely touched topic. But you know if it's not pluto = 8th = Scorpio you'll be hard pressed to find people who will bite.

My 3rd house by Placidus is Pisces with Saturn in 3
and whole sign it is Aquarius with the moon present.

Both systems have Saturn influencing the house and this does have an effect on how my mind works (although this may actually be coloured by the Mercury Saturn square in my chart)

Going by Placidus, the mixture of Jupiter and Saturn gives me a mentality that can handle the big picture as well as put in the work to figure out the component parts that comprise the details. The working together of these 2 energies are even more marked because they are in mutual reception. The bent is towards more philosophical/liberal science topics than mechanical/mathematical. With Saturn involved I have interest in older ideas/traditional thought. Couple this with my Sagittarius/Aquarius blend, I think I have the ability to appraise the wisdom of the ancients/my elders and apply it to contemporary situations and people. It's made me think about going into archaeology for example.

Whole sign, the Moon joys in the 3rd and both the Moon and the 3rd has significance to writing. From young, I've been praised for my writing ability with an example being a story I wrote which was chosen to go into the graduation book. Have had some of my writing published in high school and was called a natural poet by a drama teacher (the poem that she saw was the first one I've ever written).

Significant to the 3rd house is that I have a good relationship with my brother s and family members. I feel particularly parental to my little brothers and depending on which house system you use, Moon or Saturn is placed in the 3rd.

That's my piece for now.

Last edited:

Mikehtc13

I commend you for picking a rarely touched topic. But you know if it's not pluto = 8th = Scorpio you'll be hard pressed to find people who will bite.

My 3rd house by Placidus is Pisces with Saturn in 3
and whole sign it is Aquarius with the moon present.

Both systems have Saturn influencing the house and this does have an effect on how my mind works (although this may actually be coloured by the Mercury Saturn square in my chart)

Going by Placidus, the mixture of Jupiter and Saturn gives me a mentality that can handle the big picture as well as put in the work to figure out the component parts that comprise the details. The working together of these 2 energies are even more marked because they are in mutual reception. The bent is towards more philosophical/liberal science topics than mechanical/mathematical. With Saturn involved I have interest in older ideas/traditional thought. Couple this with my Sagittarius/Aquarius blend, I think I have the ability to appraise the wisdom of the ancients/my elders and apply it to contemporary situations and people. It's made me think about going into archaeology for example.

Whole sign, the Moon joys in the 3rd and both the Moon and the 3rd has significance to writing. From young, I've been praised for my writing ability with an example being a story I wrote which was chosen to go into the graduation book. Have had some of my writing published in high school and was called a natural poet by a drama teacher (the poem that she saw was the first one I've ever written).

Significant to the 3rd house is that I have a good relationship with my brother s and family members. I feel particularly parental to my little brothers and depending on which house system you use, Moon or Saturn is placed in the 3rd.

That's my piece for now.

Phew! I thought I'd never get a reply back😅. Yes it seems people are extremely curious about the 8th (plutonic) energy more than any other energy. Thank you for sharing your experience with me it means allot. I don't prefer exploring aspects of astrology that is more common practice do I'll generally keep it "different", but obviously that's not always going to be popular

conspiracy theorist

Phew! I thought I'd never get a reply back😅. Yes it seems people are extremely curious about the 8th (plutonic) energy more than any other energy. Thank you for sharing your experience with me it means allot. I don't prefer exploring aspects of astrology that is more common practice do I'll generally keep it "different", but obviously that's not always going to be popular

Well m8, vampire sex at a cemetery will always draw the crowd more than your trip to the post office.

Since it's just us, how does your 3rd house manifest?

Mikehtc13

Well m8, vampire sex at a cemetery will always draw the crowd more than your trip to the post office.

Since it's just us, how does your 3rd house manifest?

Lol how true that is. I hopefully don't have any third house planets. All I have is my lonely little Aries in the 3rd and from what I understand it's similar to Mars in third but less intense. Hmmm now I'll let you be the judge from this placement because from what I've experienced this third house combined with my other energies can be... exhausting😆. Here's the thing lol, my Mercury (Aquarius) is in the first house (house of aries) intensifying it further. My Mercury also squares my Mars, which gives me a shorter "trigger" so to speak. So naturally... Exhausting. Intellectual crusader sometimes. A friend once told me to embrace my energies so that'll help me synchronize with them easier instead of fighting it. I've disagreed, these energies are like constant fireworks in my mind making me combative. So ive been holding them back so that it does not escape from my control. You've had any experience with Aries third house or anything similar?

Mikehtc13

Saturn third
It gave me dental issues as a child (square ASC), but at least I will get an estate (Saturn’s age, so in due time *cue Dynasty music*). Lung issues? Yes (as a child). Loves seclusion? Yes :whistling: Loves details? Maybe...ok yes...

I know someone with this placement. He had a Scorpio rising

conspiracy theorist

Lol how true that is. I hopefully don't have any third house planets. All I have is my lonely little Aries in the 3rd and from what I understand it's similar to Mars in third but less intense. Hmmm now I'll let you be the judge from this placement because from what I've experienced this third house combined with my other energies can be... exhausting😆. Here's the thing lol, my Mercury (Aquarius) is in the first house (house of aries) intensifying it further. My Mercury also squares my Mars, which gives me a shorter "trigger" so to speak. So naturally... Exhausting. Intellectual crusader sometimes. A friend once told me to embrace my energies so that'll help me synchronize with them easier instead of fighting it. I've disagreed, these energies are like constant fireworks in my mind making me combative. So ive been holding them back so that it does not escape from my control. You've had any experience with Aries third house or anything similar?

Were you aware that your Mercury was in the house of its Joy? That's going to make your Mercury manifest quite potently, taking into account it's significance to your personality. Where is Mars in the chart? While you might attribute your tendencies to Mercury being in the "Aries house" (I reject this view of astrology) Mercury square Mars is amply enough to imbue you with a mind filled with fireworks.

Blaze

Account Closed
Hmm. This has always been a rather complicated topic for me. Not because I don't like to talk about it, but I simply do not know how to do so. It's as though thoughts lose something when they become words - C'est la vie for a Cancer Sun/Jupiter in the 3rd.

The confusion comes in part to my birth. I was born with an extreme stammer. As in, so bad I could hardly speak. My parents never did anything to help me with it, so I was forced to learn my way around it. This exterme stammer I had inintally given to Jupiter, who I assumed was inflating the issue, but that's not the case. Saturn is actally the one I'd point the finger at, for it is he who opposes Jupiter and the 3rd both with Placidus and whole sign. Saturn damages my 3rd house due to angularity, opposition and domicile.

The problems araise when the Sun, which I believe is the "core identity" feels as though it cannot truly express itself (Being mute) and not having the ability to do so correctly thanks to the stammer (Saturn's fault). Jupiter here is honestly my only saving grace, I believe. Without it I may have actually been born mute! That and my Moon in Leo eases the tention, I think.

However, when it comes to writing, when I put effort into it, I've been able to convay great emotion from others. I even had my 7th grade english teacher in tears over a short story I had written. And I love to write things - anything - even though words can never fully describe what I wish to say.

When it comes to family (Cousins, brothers) they are all well and nice, but I believe Saturn pushes me away from them, and thus we are not close. I am close to my youngest brother however, as I basically rasied him for my mother was (understandably) too busy working.

All in all, I'm not really sure what to say about this house. But then again, I am mute in there. :whistling:

Mikehtc13

Were you aware that your Mercury was in the house of its Joy? That's going to make your Mercury manifest quite potently, taking into account it's significance to your personality. Where is Mars in the chart? While you might attribute your tendencies to Mercury being in the "Aries house" (I reject this view of astrology) Mercury square Mars is amply enough to imbue you with a mind filled with fireworks.

1: what part of astrology do you reject?
2: my Mars in the 4th house

conspiracy theorist

1: what part of astrology do you reject?
2: my Mars in the 4th house

I reject the modern astrological doctrine that signs=houses=planets. The 1st house is a completely separate issue from Mars and Aries. Mercury and Saturn are more analogous to the 1st house in that the 1st is the seat of consciousness (Mercury) as well as the body acts as a barrier/container between the individuality and the world (Saturn)

This you will find in the more traditional branches of astrological practice.

Blaze

Account Closed
Hmm, interdasting. You ever thought that your Mars had anything to say about your speech issues? I just realized when reflecting on your chart that Sun/Jupiter from Mars' fall. And Saturn afflicting Jupiter from it's fall is another shitpit too.

I think Mars aggravates the issue, yea. The reception between the planets isn't well at all. It's what makes the square so harsh.

Not so fun party, but I've learned my way around it.

Funny thing to note, especially today. Most injuries I get are to my mouth and head. Nowhere else, strangely enough.

Last edited:

Mikehtc13

Hmm. This has always been a rather complicated topic for me. Not because I don't like to talk about it, but I simply do not know how to do so. It's as though thoughts lose something when they become words - C'est la vie for a Cancer Sun/Jupiter in the 3rd.

The confusion comes in part to my birth. I was born with an extreme stammer. As in, so bad I could hardly speak. My parents never did anything to help me with it, so I was forced to learn my way around it. This exterme stammer I had inintally given to Jupiter, who I assumed was inflating the issue, but that's not the case. Saturn is actally the one I'd point the finger at, for it is he who opposes Jupiter and the 3rd both with Placidus and whole sign. Saturn damages my 3rd house due to angularity, opposition and domicile.

The problems araise when the Sun, which I believe is the "core identity" feels as though it cannot truly express itself (Being mute) and not having the ability to do so correctly thanks to the stammer (Saturn's fault). Jupiter here is honestly my only saving grace, I believe. Without it I may have actually been born mute! That and my Moon in Leo eases the tention, I think.

However, when it comes to writing, when I put effort into it, I've been able to convay great emotion from others. I even had my 7th grade english teacher in tears over a short story I had written. And I love to write things - anything - even though words can never fully describe what I wish to say.

When it comes to family (Cousins, brothers) they are all well and nice, but I believe Saturn pushes me away from them, and thus we are not close. I am close to my youngest brother however, as I basically rasied him for my mother was (understandably) too busy working.

All in all, I'm not really sure what to say about this house. But then again, I am mute in there. :whistling:

May I ask what your mercury is and are there any aspects to it?

Blaze

Account Closed
May I ask what your mercury is and are there any aspects to it?

In Gemini - it's domicile. My ascendant's ruling planet (Venus) is disposed by it, and it forms a sextile to Moon and a by sign sextile to Mars. In school I was the cliche "fast learner with lazy habits". My mind runs likes a mustang and few can keep up. It's only when words need to come out and I have to slow those thoughts down that I have trouble.

Mikehtc13

I reject the modern astrological doctrine that signs=houses=planets. The 1st house is a completely separate issue from Mars and Aries. Mercury and Saturn are more analogous to the 1st house in that the 1st is the seat of consciousness (Mercury) as well as the body acts as a barrier/container between the individuality and the world (Saturn)

This you will find in the more traditional branches of astrological practice.

Ah fascinating! I never looked at it this way before

Mikehtc13

In Gemini - it's domicile. My ascendant's ruling planet (Venus) is disposed by it, and it forms a sextile to Moon and a by sign sextile to Mars. In school I was the cliche "fast learner with lazy habits". My mind runs likes a mustang and few can keep up. It's only when words need to come out and I have to slow those thoughts down that I have trouble.

So process like an engine but communicate Orthodox-like?

Blaze

Account Closed
So process like an engine but communicate Orthodox-like?

Hmm, quite. I've always lamented the fact that I cannot express my thoughts as the come to me. My speech is slow and one of a seemingly, cautious nature. Most assume I choose my words carefully when speaking due to being clever, but the truth of the matter? I can only say what my mouth will allow. It sounds bad but it forced me to expand my vocabulary and you'd be surprised at how far "impressive linguistic" skills can take you, heh.

Mikehtc13

Hmm, quite. I've always lamented the fact that I cannot express my thoughts as the come to me. My speech is slow and one of a seemingly, cautious nature. Most assume I choose my words carefully when speaking due to being clever, but the truth of the matter? I can only say what my mouth will allow. It sounds bad but it forced me to expand my vocabulary and you'd be surprised at how far "impressive linguistic" skills can take you, heh.

Nice😲. Gemini Mercury people always come off that way to me. You can see the lightning frenetically bouncing around in there but interestingly enough they are not big talkers. If they have to sure or if they have extroverted energies then naturally yes otherwise alot of internal chattering and connections. But with your situation where it's intensified even further (block in communication) yet you find a way to overcome that obstacle

I cee

My 3rd house is a pile of.........
Scorpio ruled and neptune inside,....i don't know if i am coming or going....
Vague waves of nebulous, ambiguous communication.....
Brothers....no ties and underlying hate and jealousy.
And part of a yod...im sick of the third house.

Mikehtc13

My 3rd house is a pile of.........
Scorpio ruled and neptune inside,....i don't know if i am coming or going....
Vague waves of nebulous, ambiguous communication.....
Brothers....no ties and underlying hate and jealousy.
And part of a yod...im sick of the third house.

Lol I'm sorry. It sounds like your third house is terrible for you. But it can't be all bad.
1: Are there no advantages from your experience?
2: you have no Scorpio influence when thinking/communicating?
3: Neptune should grant you the power of Solomon there lol. Any intuitive abilities you have possibly sensed? As a matter of fact perhaps your matter of thinking and communicating deals more on the Intuitive side rather than the logical/analytical side. Scorpio and Neptune sounds very precognitive in essence.