My New Book

Lapis

My new book The Temple Of Master Hotei is finally available. It is based on a past life memory I've had for many years. The main character, Master Hotei, is more commonly known as the Laughing Buddha. And of course, even if you don't believe in past lives or reincarnation, I believe you will really enjoy the book none the less! ;) If this sounds interesting, please check it out at the Booklocker.com link below. You can also read two free chapters (Excerpts area) to get an idea about the story and order the Paperback or Ebook there too. Thanks everyone and I truly hope you enjoy it. :)

Denise "Lapis" Le Fay

www.booklocker.com/books/3709.html

hotei206x320.jpg

Thanks Radu.

Arian Maverick

Congratulations, Lapis! This is a major accomplishment for you and for the forums, even if the book is not directly about astrology.

I haven't ordered the book yet, but I've read the first two free chapters and I was intrigued by this excerpt (please tell me if you'd like me to remove it; I don't want to violate copyright infringement):

On the seventh birthday of all male children in each of the villages, the local astrologer would carefully review the boy's natal planetary positions. If the natal chart indicated the child was ready and receptive for a life of focused spiritual learning's, then the boy's father, grandfather and town elders were all gathered for council. The astrologer would interpret the child's birth chart to them and then a final decision was made by them all.

I don't want to divert the focus of the story, but it would be a fascinating exercise to recreate the natal chart of the young protagonist, Ivory One. This would undoubtedly be challenging because the ancients most likely used a different system of astrology and had different methods of interpretation.

Just a thought ;)

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
Looks like a very exciting new book! Congratulations!

I would love knowing more on the kind of astrology practiced at that time... as you said, the astrologer looked up the planetary positions, so the birth time was not known, only the day of birth.

Other considerations: 7 years is usually the age of the first Saturn square to its natal position, I wonder about the transits Ivory One had on that day - must have been hard, for sure. The expression in the 1st chapter - that he will have to die and get reborn several times, suggests some Pluto flavour as well.

Last edited:

Lapis

Thanks Arian Maverick for your kind words. I know you'll enjoy it. :)

The whole book is based entirely upon my personal memories of that past life and so, all I can remember about the village astrolger doing the (my) young boy's natal chart was that he used the closest hour/minute time he'd get from the others who were present assisting with the birth. So, it seems from what little I do remember about that, that the village astrologer did also use a birth time (hour and minute as close as was possible) too. Interesting isn't it?

I know it was a very big deal and much was laid upon the village astrologer to discern if each of these boys were ready to cope with a focused spiritual life of training like that. But on the other hand, back in the good old days ;) , astrology was totally accepted and highly revered...much more so than today! Because of this I'd suspect they did indeed pay more attention to the birth time than we'd guess.

Lapis

Radu,

Hi and thank you so much for your generosity with this Radu. :39:

I do know what the thing was with the age of 7. It has to do with, as you said, the first Saturn square. In so many cultures around the world and throughout past ages, the age of 7 indicated (which that first Saturn square represents) that the "soul" is finally totally and completely settled and encased within dense physicality. Prior to age 7 and that first Saturn (3D physicality ruler), the child will often continue to sort of come and go between this earthly realm and back to where they came from before physical birth.

Children will often do this nonphysical reconnecting through their dreaming, through their still strong and open connection to the higher nonphysical relams from which they recently came, and also through their sensitivities (clairvoyant, clairaudient etc.) to the Unseen worlds and beings. When they reach age 7 their Saturn finally anchors them fully into 3D physicality. They're pretty open to the higher less dense realms, beings and energies therein before this however. Saturn is about 3D reality so it helps anchor the child to earth and being physical around age 7 and I've also heard that "karma" begins for children at age 7 as well...which is another interesting clue to Saturn and this physical realm. This puts a slightly different spin on what Saturn square is doing for little kids around age 7! ;)

Thanks again for letting me share about my new book here Radu.

Last edited:

tikana

Lapis said:
Thanks tikana and it's been a few years since you and I talked huh? Good to see you again.

Wait a minute...are you the same Lapis from the Fortune whatever that site was?

how the hell are you?!

T

tikana

Ahh okay

there was another board ages ago ... there was an author her name was Lapis as well..

BM has dried up drastically

Cheers
T