Nodal axis & Vertex-Antivertex in same Houses

athair

Hi, i have a broad question, regarding the title's issue...

The lunar nodes in my chart are in 5th and 11th house; plus, Vertex and Antivertex are in the same houses (Vertex in 5th and Antivertex in 11th)

so the question would be as follows:

is Antivertex related to NortH Node, given that both are in 11th house?

and conversely for the case of Vertex and South node...

Thanks in advance; im aware that the suject might be an unusual one to ask about, so i could'nt find a better approach to it...

Osamenor

Staff member
No. The vertex axis and the nodal axis aren't always in the same houses. The vertex is always in the western hemisphere of the chart (between houses 4 and 9) and the antivertex is always in the eastern hemisphere (between houses 10 and 3). But the nodes can be in any house pair. If they are in the same houses as the vertex/antivertex, that's happenstance, not a connection by definition.

waybread

They are not specifically related, but these houses are matters of importance to you.

The north node shows where your growth lies. The south node shows your comfort zone, possibly even an area of life that you have mastered. The vertex seems to relate to fateful encounters.

Lin

My Moon and Vertex are 3 degrees apart in my 8th.
This is so frustrating in trying to ascertain its (vertex) power and influence because is it the Vertex or is it the Moon which responsible for- - whatever.

I have this same problem with delineating asteroids. I have several sitting between my Sun and Merc, an orb of 5 degrees....so I can never be sure of any influence of those asteroids..... :unsure::unsure:
LIN

athair

Thanks for answering!! I just read at a spanish webpage about Vertex-Antivertex and it offers a depiction of them not just as another version of Ascendant-Descendant but also as some kind of second North Node-South Node axis; taking this approach in consideration would perhaps yield as an outcome the accountability of the "caged" feeling when Vertex is at the same house as SN (and Antivertex in the same as NN)...i guess...
In my chart, Saturn in Leo's house squaring Vertex-Antivertex axis would reinforce a "caged" feeling related to Pisces Sun (which is in itself sq Sag moon and Sag Asc, anyway)? Thats one of the questions that arise...
Greetings!

Last edited: