Todays Moon - Its Tropical & Its Sidereal Location & Effect On Sign Ruler Influence

david starling

Re: Todays Moon - Its Tropical & Its Sidereal Location & Effect On Sign Ruler Influen

Using the planetary calculator I gave the link for, the Moon will be exactly Conjunct Antares on Dec. 6, at the very middle of the sidereal Sign Scorpio in Aldebaran 15 coordinates. Since the Moon will be New that night, Antares won't be obscured by moonlight. Keep in mind, Declination will determine just how high above or below the Moon is, relative to the star.

JUPITERASC

Re: Todays Moon - Its Tropical & Its Sidereal Location & Effect On Sign Ruler Influen

images

Assuming local skies are clear

then
by visual observation at night

and using ALDEBARAN 15

Todays Moon is visibly observed in local skies worldwide :smile:
in the CONSTELLATION of CANCER

CANCER is the domicile aka home of the MOON
currently

transiting MOON is
in THIRD DECAN of SIDEREAL CANCER

in separating trine with
SIDEREAL SCORPIO SUN JUPITER MERCURY retrograde conjunction

VIDEO ANIMATION OF TROPICAL & SIDEREAL PERSPECTIVE
WITH DESCRIPTIVE NARRATIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI

MOON travels each SIGN once a month aka "moonth"
and
IS NOT ALWAYS IN SAME SIGN BOTH TROPICALLY AND SIDEREALLY
because
although Astrologers
– whether Tropical or Sidereal
– are commenting on and making predictions

regarding THE IDENTICAL MOON in the skies :smile:
computer generated Tropical Chart differs by DEGREE OCCUPIED BY THE MOON
from Sidereal DEGREE OCCUPIED BY MOON
Sidereal location of Moon may be confirmed BY VISUAL observation of local skies

there is a minimum difference of 20° up to a maximum of approximately 24°
between TROPICAL AND SIDEREAL MEASUREMENT
ANY planet at 0° OF any TROPICAL SIGN
is SIDEREALLY between approximately 6° - 10°
to a maximum 24° of the PREVIOUS SIGN
dependent on the ayanamsha

dec-edm.gif

hqdefault.jpg

JUPITERASC

Assuming local skies are clear

then
by visual observation at night

and using ALDEBARAN 15

Todays Moon is visibly observed in local skies worldwide :smile:
in the CONSTELLATION of CANCER

and rapidly approaching the CONSTELLATION of LEO

within the next few hours

hqdefault.jpg

CANCER is the domicile aka home of the MOON
currently

transiting MOON is
in THIRD DECAN of SIDEREAL CANCER

in separating trine with
SIDEREAL SCORPIO SUN JUPITER MERCURY retrograde conjunction

images

VIDEO ANIMATION OF TROPICAL & SIDEREAL PERSPECTIVE
WITH DESCRIPTIVE NARRATIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI

MOON travels each SIGN once a month aka "moonth"
and
IS NOT ALWAYS IN SAME SIGN BOTH TROPICALLY AND SIDEREALLY
because
although Astrologers
– whether Tropical or Sidereal
– are commenting on and making predictions

regarding THE IDENTICAL MOON in the skies :smile:
computer generated Tropical Chart differs by DEGREE OCCUPIED BY THE MOON
from Sidereal DEGREE OCCUPIED BY MOON
Sidereal location of Moon may be confirmed BY VISUAL observation of local skies

there is a minimum difference of 20° up to a maximum of approximately 24°
between TROPICAL AND SIDEREAL MEASUREMENT
ANY planet at 0° OF any TROPICAL SIGN
is SIDEREALLY between approximately 6° - 10°
to a maximum 24° of the PREVIOUS SIGN
dependent on the ayanamsha

dec-edm.gif

64904-004-F8FDFDB3.jpg

For more information on the other aspects without modifications see Antiochus of Athens, The Thesaurus, trans. Robert Schmidt (Berkeley Springs, WV, 1993) I have not checked but those might belong to Rhetorius or another source he was using.

david starling

Using the planetary calculator I gave the link for, the Moon will be exactly Conjunct Antares on Dec. 6, at the very middle of the sidereal Sign Scorpio in Aldebaran 15 coordinates. Since the Moon will be New that night, Antares won't be obscured by moonlight. Keep in mind, Declination will determine just how high above or below the Moon is, relative to the star.

just to be clear, the Moon's conjunction with Antares won't be a true New Moon conjunction, because the orb will be too wide at the actual time the Moon is New. However, again, the sliver of Moon won't be bright enough to obscure the star. Worth observing!

petosiris

Banned

For those tropicalists who are following this thread, and want to see the Moon and easily visible Planets relative to the zodiacal constellations, simply move back 25 days in the tropical ephemeris (when using the sidereal setting of this thread, known as "Aldebaran 15"). This setting places the bright stars Aldebaran and Antares in center-position of the sidereal Signs Taurus and Scorpio, respectively, which contain the constellations of the same names. Declination comes into play as well, but this will give a general idea as to how the Moon and Planets are constellationally situated.

Glorious mathematics :biggrin:

petosiris

Banned

Siriusly, you should move 25 degrees backwards, not days. Another handy method is that if a planet is less than 25 degrees in the sign, add 5 degrees to it, while moving it in the previous sign. This way you can find any positions in less than couple seconds.

david starling

Nice that the current Aldebaran 15 ayanamsa is at an even 5 degrees tropical Pisces.

david starling

Petosiris, how are your viewing conditions? Mine haven't been, optimal, even last Summer, with some notable exceptions. Too much fog near the coast. Also, the city zoning department made me take down my ziggurat. :annoyed:

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned

Petosiris, how are your viewing conditions? Mine haven't been, optimal, even last Summer, with some notable exceptions. Too much fog near the coast. Also, the city zoning department made me take down my ziggurat. :annoyed:

Time to migrate to an unpopulated place in Egypt then.

david starling

Time to migrate to an unpopulated place in Egypt then.

The high Mojave desert would work, except for the high temperatures (and I mean HIGH). Makes city sky-viewing pale in comparison.
How are your viewing conditions?

JUPITERASC

decans-chaldean-02.jpg

ABOVE IS AN ILLUSTRATION OF DECANS
- EACH SIGN HAS THREE DECANS
EACH DECAN IS RULED BY ONE OF THE SEVEN VISIBLE CLASSICAL PLANETS
and so
EACH DECAN IS DEMARCATED WITH THE SYMBOL OF A PLANET