moon conj chiron

HI,

I am wondering if someone could help me with the a conjunction of chiron and the moon in the first house......

I understand the moon in this house gives the native a feeling of "going through phases" , but chiron has me stumped......the conjunction is less than a degree......

thanks to anyone that can help......

Moulin

The following aspect interpretations apply only to natal or birth charts. Please see Synastry aspects for comparison charts, and Interpreting transits for transit aspects.
People with this aspect are unable to emotionally escape from their woundedness (as seen by Chiron's sign and house). As a result, they may give more attention to healing, resulting in wisdom and higher awareness. On the other hand, they could also wallow in self-pity instead of resolving their issues. The health (especially mental health) of the mother may be somewhat fragile, though she is often wise and desires to impart wisdom to her offspring

another one:
With hard Chiron-Moon aspects, there is a feeling of awkwardness about expressing our emotional needs. These people may easily tell others "I am really fine", and then privately resent them when they can't see the hollowness of that statement! There is a tendency to dramatize the emotions. Depending on the position of the Moon in the chart, this may take place on the inside or might be apparent to others. There can be a "bottomless pit" feeling on an emotional level--a feeling that emotional satisfaction is always just out of reach. Mothers with these aspects may often feel guilty that they are not doing enough for their kids. There can be a tendency for people with these aspects to pour their feelings out, and then feel guilty or awkward about doing so and they proceed to cover it up and avoid the issue.

Kingsley

Chiron in the first house tends to be some kind of physical attribute or 'character feeling' element.

Moon Chiron is in my view an early developmental crisis where the person 'takes on' an element of Mothers fear hurt anger etc. In a way feelings can be terrifying for the person because they took on too much too soon.. In an ironic twist the moon-chiron person learns to feel through their having empathy for others. In time the person can express normal feelings however in stressful times the 1st house Moon Chiron will take it on physically. The mothers role modelling and quality of nuture is a very strong part of personality. They make good counsellors, musicians and healers of kinds with some work.

kingsley

Nexus7

I would be curious to know a lile more too, as here is a 5 degree of orb between Moon and Chiron, and Chiron is applying to make a second conjunction now.

All I know is that as this conjunction applied for the first time last year, somone contacted me out of the blue, who was either strongly Piscean maybe - or very Chironic. She avowedly wanted to look after and to care for people, on her forums too, whilst being very troubled herself. This did actually involve things to do with wounding. I don't know if she has had the chance to work through these things since, but hope that she has.

Nexus7

Thanks for the link to your blog Kingsley.

Faunnily enough, someone I felt strongly just 'had' to be Chironic somehow, was Hillman, and it wasn't just doen to the fact that he specifically wrote about wounded healers. He had Chiron conjunct a New Moon, well, closer to his Moon than his Sun.

In sme ways, I am not sre that Chiron ismot more gothic that Pluto, posibly becase unlike with Pluto, there seems to be less of a desire to sek resloution from all this deep, dark stuff. Still, things are not always that clear cut. I just looked at Bram Stoker's birth details to see if he had Chiron anywhere near his new moon in Scorpio. Well, it was in the same sign, but not conjunct, howvwer opposing his Mars.

Kingsley

Marlon Brandon has the New Moon link to chiron Nexus.

I am not sure about your statment about pluto versus chiron. Are you saying that there is less desire to seek resolution with pluto or chiron? Maybe you might be able to elaborate on your reasoning Nexus?

kingsley

Nexus7

Kingsley, it is nothing to do with a Pluto vs Chiron thing, though it is interesting that there is atransitting semi-square around too.

It was more an impresion than an idea to to begin with, it is lokinga at the smbolism of Chiron. Here, the wound remains and there never does seem to be any resolution between being mortal or immortal, even though thie centuar may be able to be of help to thers. So there, it is question of 'sayying with it.'

Pluto nay be about themes of darkness, but definitely more often to expel or sestroy anything that is no longer of use in oder to get to a brighter end.

It is also something I icked up from Hillman, who isssits in sone or two books I came across that 'it is not about curing' or making things les messy, but about 'going further in'.'

I may come back to this a little later. On the surface, it may sound as though he was aying that we should embrace depression, disease, mesiness, when maybe he had teidea of deepening awareness of issues. As said, he did write about wounded healers lot and he did have a new Moon conjunct Chiron. So this could be an impresion that isnot so idle...

Kingsley

Thanks nexus, I agree with what you say about chiron, and in a way it can be like a rubber band, pulling the person back to the source of pain whether the person knows that or not. Yes there is less transformation with Chiron, (that is Pluto's job as you say) however there may be an element of transition and transcendence. A more spiritual process involved I think.

kingsley

Kingsley

Hi Ray, I have Moon Chiron in the 9th aquarius and I am not religious. I do hbowever think I tend toward spiritualism, though not in any structured way. Its kind of a philosophical bent belief in the universe perhaps.

I think a good placement for an astrologer.

k

Nexus7

Marlon Brandon had a new moon conjunct Chiron too?

I don't know much about his life, except to gather that he seemed to take the method acting approach quite seriously. Stuffing his mouh full of cotton wool for his Godfather role and so on.

Kingsley

Hello Ray, you seem to have a good understanding of the 9th house chiron. I follow Zoller's treatment of religiosity, beliefs and soul the purpose associated to the ninth house etc.

I think the ninth is such a vast area with an underaying emphasis on beliefs. Beliefs about self, others and sometimes the world seems like a scary place with Chiron in the 9th. I guess you could say that individual attitudes stem from ones belief systems and the ninth house planets and meanings.

Having a malefic planet in the ninth tends to create variations of certain "normal" understandings. Boundaries are very important in life and sometimes a malefic like planet there will push the limits to ones beliefs in some way.

Moon in the ninth suggests a love for that space and a kind of philosphical nurturing in self. That may come at a price with Chiron perhaps. The early developmental wound tends to develop into all manner of belief systems to maintain a sense of equilibrium. Later in life it is quite possible (and depending on the chart and person) the experiencial aspect in that love of learning about boundaries sees consolidation of ones unique perspectives. Hopefully through structure and grounding within certain paradigms. Perhaps becoming a psychologist or philosopher, perhaps philanthopist is another way of working with the freedoms there and continuing the experiencial ways. One would find it hard not to become philosophical in some way I imagine.

Giving yourself what you need in life is a good belief system I think.

Kingsley

Last edited:

Nexus7

My Chiron is in the 3rd and it could probably safe to say that there was planety of wounding for me at school: best days of my life, not.

It can be painful to work with children nowe, because it just seem to me that very often, the pressures and expectation of pushy parents, headmasters, teachers, are just so good at producing yet another generation of neurotic kids.

In any case though, I find it is best to work with adults, as then there is only the one person whose expectatiojns you have to satisfy, rather than a whole contingent of all those others behind the chid.​