whats the Big deal about physical beauty in the astrolgical community

rayla2055

Banned
Ok. I agree about that part of perverted beauty.
In my oppinion you can look as M. Monroe and suck as a person. and then you're ugly. No make up will help to cover ugly soul. But I have to admit that looks still plays a parrt at choosing a partner. But not the mayor role. When you meet someone the first impression is by a look, second when that person opens he's mouth and depending on what is coming from it, you decide (ugly/pretty). Looks is also important at finding job especially a carrier when you are seen by people. We live in this world and can't simply ignore it's rules and stop shaving, washing, looking after hygiene and going to dentist.
I realsed this later, after i had my whole face covered in piercing and body with tattoo's. And so on
Lol I never said you don't have to be presentable or stop caring about your hygine. Just don't become obsessed with your appearance to the point of it not being healthy.

Julijana

Yeah your right and it's sad
I had been in psycholy lectures and talked with a lot of people who had a disturbed body image, also myself had this issue at one part of my life. Media scrues us a lot. People suffers from beauty. I've seen tubes put into the stomach for my dear person, because she was not able to eat anymore and stll thought that she's fat and ugly. I met girls who cannot get pregnant and few are still not able because of these disorders. I feel sorry for all who let others dictate how should they look. I hope to spare my child from it or at least give her tools to find her way into selfconfidence

rayla2055

Banned
I had been in psycholy lectures and talked with a lot of people who had a disturbed body image, also myself had this issue at one part of my life. Media scrues us a lot. People suffers from beauty. I've seen tubes put into the stomach for my dear person, because she was not able to eat anymore and stll thought that she's fat and ugly. I met girls who cannot get pregnant and few are still not able because of these disorders. I feel sorry for all who let others dictate how should they look. I hope to spare my child from it or at least give her tools to find her way into selfconfidence
It makes me sick that people even go through eating disorders in the first place. The first thing you could do with your child is to let them be aware.

Julijana

It makes me sick that people even go through eating disorders in the first place. The first thing you could do with your child is to let them be aware.
And a lot of people to. I'm terified with lot of issues that are not brought to people, because no one wants to see an ugly true. Why there is no info in schools, awareness doesn't play a big part... Everyone should make an input in those social problems. At least not to be afraid to educate people around...

rayla2055

Banned
And a lot of people to. I'm terified with lot of issues that are not brought to people, because no one wants to see an ugly true. Why there is no info in schools, awareness doesn't play a big part... Everyone should make an input in those social problems. At least not to be afraid to educate people around...
Everyone is wearing rose-colored glasses. The higher in demand is not going to let this truth go to the school systems, are you crazy. They don't want what they got going on to be destroy.

anjelik

Beauty is no more perverted now than it was 1,000 years ago. The reality is that beauty is a part of life and you can't escape it. What is constitutes as beautiful by society's standards will constantly change, but beauty will always matter to an extent. You have 3 seconds to make a first impression. It ***** to hear that, but it is true. People will complain that they don't want to be judged for their appearance (tattoos, piercings, being overweight, having bad teeth, whatever) but that is what people initially judge you on. Just like with animals - they will not mate with another animal if they feel they are weak or will not effectively continue to advance the particular specie.

I can't really say how dating has changed since the internet, since I am 34 and the internet has been around my entire dating existence, but I do think that things like online dating tend to lean towards the superficial. It's like shopping online for clothes and then you get the item and put it on and it doesn't look anything like you expected it would when you saw on it on the 5'10 size 2 model. Clearly it does work since people get married from it, but apps like Tinder and Grinder where you are basically swiping left or right from a 3 second look at someone's photo just exacerbates the superficiality of modern dating.

And yes, it is true that looks only get you so far, but statistically tall good looking men are paid more than short fat men and will more than likely be in higher positions of power. I know it doesn't sound fair, because it's not and guess what - life is not fair!

Also, as a side note, eating disorders are not new either. I think we have more education around eating disorders now than there are 50 years ago when people would legitimately die from the disease because no one even recognised them as such.

Last edited:

Julijana

Everyone is wearing rose-colored glasses. The higher in demand is not going to let this truth go to the school systems, are you crazy. They don't want what they got going on to be destroy.
In a part yes. The other side: it takes money. Education system need to put investments into teachers, councelors, train them to be qualified to talk about these topics in school. there's a lot more things that has a need to be educated about (like STD, depression, abuse, even breastfeeding (in our country it sounds like magic)). It get's ugly... I feel sad that i have no power to change things. But at least i try in my circle... :(

Julijana

Beauty is no more perverted now than it was 1,000 years ago. The reality is that beauty is a part of life and you can't escape it. What is constitutes as beautiful by society's standards will constantly change, but beauty will always matter to an extent. You have 3 seconds to make a first impression. It ***** to hear that, but it is true. People will complain that they don't want to be judged for their appearance (tattoos, piercings, being overweight, having bad teeth, whatever) but that is what people initially judge you on. Just like with animals - they will not mate with another animal if they feel they are weak or will not effectively continue to advance the particular specie.

I can't really say how dating has changed since the internet, since I am 34 and the internet has been around my entire dating existence, but I do think that things like online dating tend to lean towards the superficial. It's like shopping online for clothes and then you get the item and put it on and it doesn't look anything like you expected it would when you saw on it on the 5'10 size 2 model. Clearly it does work since people get married from it, but apps like Tinder and Grinder where you are basically swiping left or right from a 3 second look at someone's photo just exacerbates the superficiality of modern dating.

And yes, it is true that looks only get you so far, but statistically tall good looking men are paid more than short fat men and will more than likely be in higher positions of power. I know it doesn't sound fair, because it's not and guess what - life is not fair!

Also, as a side note, eating disorders are not new either. I think we have more education around eating disorders now than there are 50 years ago when people would legitimately die from the disease because no one even recognised them as such.
Agree.
So what can we take out of this topic? Is there any meaning to discuss these things, if we already know how this works?

anjelik

Agree.
So what can we take out of this topic? Is there any meaning to discuss these things, if we already know how this works?

I think we are free to discuss things as much as we want to. Your view may be different than mine and so forth. These are opinions and theories and not hard fact. You can't say that one's perception of life is the same as another's. Maybe someone else feels differently about the topic. Opinions are like standard of beauty -everyone's will be different. What I find attractive you may not. But beyond the beauty aspect, everyone is judged every day, regardless of whether they want to be or not. Think about it - just like people don't want to be judged of being less attractive but then we have people who are less attractive judging people who are more attractive and calling them superficial.

So because a woman is born drop dead gorgeous and takes pride in her appearance she should be judged negatively by someone who may not be as physically attractive and care about putting emphasis on her looks? It sounds hypocritical to me.

Last edited:

AppLeo

To be honest, I don't think anyone's truly ugly; people just choose lifestyles that make them ugly.

If people actually ate healthy, exercised, cleaned themselves regularly, did some research on on what's trendy to wear, and groomed themselves, I can guarantee that the vast majority of people would all look really damnn good despite their genes or what the media has to say.

It's not that the nerdy girl is ugly, it's that she wears her hair in a stupid style and has zero sense for what clothes look nice. All she wears is sweats and a t-shirt.

It's not that the fat girl is ugly, it's that she eats a ton of unhealthy food and you can see it affecting her body in a negative way.

rayla2055

Banned
To be honest, I don't think anyone's truly ugly; people just choose lifestyles that make them ugly.

If people actually ate healthy, exercised, cleaned themselves regularly, did some research on on what's trendy to wear, and groomed themselves, I can guarantee that the vast majority of people would all look really damnn good despite their genes or what the media has to say.

It's not that the nerdy girl is ugly, it's that she wears her hair in a stupid style and has zero sense for what clothes look nice. All she wears is sweats and a t-shirt.

It's not that the fat girl is ugly, it's that she eats a ton of unhealthy food and you can see it affecting her body in a negative way.
You have a good point, never really thought of it like that.

Oddity

Sure, if they live in the first world and have a good amount of money. Otherwise, this stuff can be difficult.

And then there are those of us with visible physical deformities. Not much to be done for that.

The business about weight is scaring the hell out of me, mostly because many English speaking countries are gearing up for fat-shaming, sugar taxes, fast food place zoning, etc.

Which isn't gonna help, historically it never has, sugar consumption is on a big decrease anyway, but hey - the government just LOVES to whip up public hatred and control people's lives to an insane degree.

More prohibition. Making sure we know that we simply are not capable of deciding what we, or our kids, eat. The state knows best, after all. Look how well prohibiton has worked in the past.

It's also going to bode very badly for anorexics.

rayla2055

Banned
Sure, if they live in the first world and have a good amount of money. Otherwise, this stuff can be difficult.

And then there are those of us with visible physical deformities. Not much to be done for that.

The business about weight is scaring the hell out of me, mostly because many English speaking countries are gearing up for fat-shaming, sugar taxes, fast food place zoning, etc.

Which isn't gonna help, historically it never has, sugar consumption is on a big decrease anyway, but hey - the government just LOVES to whip up public hatred and control people's lives to an insane degree.

More prohibition. Making sure we know that we simply are not capable of deciding what we, or our kids, eat. The state knows best, after all. Look how well prohibiton has worked in the past.

America is about to be over soon so I don't even care what the hell happens now. America is soon going to experience how a third world country feels like. Just know when that day comes be ready.

AppLeo

Well everyone's talking about America, so I assumed that beauty is most cared about in America. If you're in Africa, chances are that the most beautiful people there don't have access to better things compared to the rest. I'm just using Africans because I know that Africa is mostly 3rd world... I've seen documentaries of tribes where beauty was associated with how many piercings you had or whatever.

I said the VAST MAJORITY. How many people do you actually know with physical deformities?? I know no one personally with physical deformities. I've only SEEN two people from a distance, where I live, without a leg or missing limb. I've seen a handful of people that were mentally disabled that wouldn't match our beauty standards. And I don't feel bad for those people or care that they can't match beauty standards. Everyone has something in their life that isn't perfect and that they have to deal with, whether it be past life karma's or mistakes or whatever. Not everyone can have it equal.

And like I said, the vast majority of people can look decently beautiful. You don't have to be a super model to be good looking.

But when I look at everyone I've seen that is considered "ugly" it's because of their choices.

I don't understand what you're saying here. I'm so lost. How is the government controlling what we eat?? We have a choice everyday to decide. What do you mean by, "gearing up for fat-shaming?"

Bunraku

African media seems to be pretty similar to us in this way: Dencia is a very popular beauty icon, and is really only famous for having a big ol’ butt like Kim Kardashian. She travels out of Africa to Europe to have procedures done, so she definitely has the money.

Africa has cities and modern civilization too and don’t just live in mud huts, you know. :lol: