The different intuitions of water signs

katydid

Cancer: Cardinal, Personal, Introspective

Scorpio: Fixed, Intimate, Diagnosis of Others

Pisces: Mutable, Universal, Vast External Influences

belabismo

I think in general also, the water signs are very observant/sympathetic/empathetic. I think it would only become a burden/problem/talent if there was a strong emphasis in water in the chart.

Pisces/Neptune would be empathetic with a lack of defined boundaries and too much selflessness. They would feel others' emotions as if they were their own.

I think with Scorpio and Pluto, it would be more of a strong sense of observation and understanding of peoples' psyches, but not necessarily empathetic or sympathetic.

With Cancer I'm not sure. Perhaps just more in tune with the emotions and more understanding of people' emotional landscapes. More sympathetic than empathetic probably.

miquar

Hi Moonrider. Firstly, there is some ambiguity around the use of the word intuition. In the Jungian sense it corresponds to the element fire (fire=intuition, earth=sensation, air=thinking and water=feeling). But people often use it in a more watery way too.

I think the word intuition gets used for both fire and water because both elements are to do with following a personal impulse. Fire is about personal impulses that guide us to simply be our unique self and thus bring unrealised potential to fruition. Water is to do with personal impulses that guide us to connect more deeply to the larger life of which we are part.

Cancer intuition guides us to generate maternal bonds between oneself and other individuals (or any other form we wish to nurture).

Scorpio intuition knows how to break down the barriers between individuals, and often fears the implications of the precariousness of interpersonal barriers.

Pisces intuition tries to connect to the larger life directly, seeing what needs to be redeemed in order to make this connection, and going through cycles of enchantment and disillusionment where some phenomenon/form is wrongly seen as having the power to redeem.

miquar

I should have also said that this process of enchantment and disillusionment is strong in all of the water signs - it's just more obvious in Pisces.

graay ghost

Again people always consider Cancer to be "maternal" or "nurturing". Moon is reflective, also symbolizes the "common people" where the sun symbolizes royalty. Cancer energy is quite defensive. Many very wealthy people are Cancers. It's an intuition of being able to read the environment and the room in general.

miquar

With any sign it's important to try to get a sense of the quality of being at the heart of the sign. Cancer's association with maternal bonding at the psychological level and it's association with the general population at the mundane level are two facets of one essence. It's not possible to fully capture such an essence in words, but we can see that the need to be held within a protective embrace draws a child to a maternal caregiver and also draws people together as a herd - 'the people'. In both cases the bonds are instinctive and not necessarily very conscious.

We can nurture all sorts of things besides other human beings, and we can feel held by all sorts of things besides a person or a group of people.

Water is to do with the ongoing possibility of establishing a more direct connection with that which sustains us - with source, the larger life of which we are part. Cancer is the water sign which sits amongst the individual signs, so this sign is to do with one individual form acting as an ambassador for the larger life in order to nurture other individual forms; and to do with the experience of being an individual form which needs to be nurtured to survive and develop.