what does it all mean?

Hello! I have dabbled a bit in astrology and seen my chart. I am a scorpio sun and I believe I have leo rising and libra moon and some other libra in my chart. My birthdate is Nov 20, 1973 at 11:06 pm in Livermore, CA.

I am a survivor of spousal abuse; we have been split for five years now but still need to finish the paperwork! Now he has found a new girlfriend but I am still alone and sometimes I wonder if I always will be alone. And especially if I will ever have a baby. I figure I have maybe 10 years left where it would even be possible. So does anyone want to take a crack at my chart and tell me what u see.... especially as far as children, will I ever have a child? lol I guess first I need a partner to even make that possible, but I am so gunshy after the violent marriage I was in. I have having trouble moving on, I was fine for a long time but now he is moving on and happy and i guess there is part of me that just doesnt want him to be happy, i want him to keep suffering because he hurt me so much. But I dont think thinking this way is very good for me and I am trying to stop!

It's not my call if the universe wants to bless him or curse me.... so please tell me what you honestly see, I can totally take it whatever it is. I take astrology somewhat with a grain of salt but it is interesting to find out how it reads according to the stars.... I am also wondering if I will be able to find a job I love or end up just going through the motions for a paycheck. Will I have passion of any sort come back into my life to relieve me of this feeling of numbness I have developed? :unsure:

RamInLife

Go to astro.com and have your chart drawn for free. I've been studying astrology for about 2 years and continuously educate myself every day on the subject. I would be more than happy to look at your chart and give you any insight I see.

Thanks Raminlife! Ram, does that mean you are a Capricorn? My best friend is a Cap! Ok.... so lets see if i can figure out how to put the chart on here. astro_w2gw_01_lauren_hp_14857_5796.gif
So I'm very familiar with my scorpio sun, and have a general idea about the Leo rising and Libra Moon. I really dont understand how to read the way the planets intersect or cross each other..... any insight you have would be awesome. :)

lol wait the Ram is Aries not Cap, Cap is the goat...thats ok my lovely stepdaughter is and Aries. I kind of wondered about the aries in my chart in Mars and Chiron. Whats up with Chiron? I need to google that but he's a centaur I think right? and it seems like I have a lot of libra influence throughout.... I am also really wondering about the triangles in my chart. still trying to figure out the 'aspects'- conjunction is when they are in the same place, opposing when opposite. trine, sextile, square? not sure about those, lol
so ya I am wondering what my chart says about having kids. (also love, and work... and whatever else catches your eye ;) sometimes I feel like an oddball so maybe my chart can explain it.

RamInLife

If you're looking for quick answers, I don't have any. Your chart is a self discovery tool that only you can depict and find your answers. Astrologers and chart readings give you broad analogies, its your own relationship to the readings that hold the answers your looking for. If you want to learn how to interpret your chart start with the planets, houses and signs. The aspects are quite confusing and overwhelming at first. To my knowledge the natal chart can't tell you weither or not you'll give birth but how youd relate and behave as a parent. Solar returns and progressions hold the keys to those answers. But you can't begin to read into a progressed chart until you have a good understanding of your natal.

There are a lot of good readings on this site on what to look for when interpreting your chart. But what answers are you seeking? You stated a lot in your initial thread. Once you have a question its easier to ask for help in pointing you in the right direction of your chart.

well I have some idea about the meanings of the signs and most of the planets as well although when it comes to Chiron and the 'true node', I'm not sure about those or the MC... opposite the AC ascendent? I need to study about the houses, i know they all represent different things but idk what. most of my houses are in 3-6 but there is some action in 9 and the saturn in cancer in the 11th house.

the triangle chart at the bottom is completely greek to me, lol. I'm guessing it is showing the aspects? I wonder how mercury conjunct my sun in scorpio affects my chart, making me either more or less truly scorpian? not too clear on what mercury is about either. I think my libra moon (the moon is kind of about emotions and our hidden lives from what i understand) lends me toward wanting romance, lovely froofy type romance- maybe making me vulnerable to men who say the "right" things in a smooth and charming way.... I also have libra in uranus and pluto; sometimes i feel i fit libra more than scorpio.

My leo rising might be behind my tendency to move into leadership positions in past jobs and my disposition which is generally quite sunny and positive. but is Leo rising to Scorpo moon a challenging aspect? I see Saturn is in Cancer, and I think saturn is about limitations. cancer is a nurturing motherly sort of sign i think, but I lost my mother when i was a teenager so I always thought that having that void in my life was my saturn in cancer. maybe there is more to it, that has to do with me being a mother (or not getting to be one).

I noticed there are a lot of triangles in my chart so I am kind of wondering what those might be about. there is a blue triangle where pluto, venus and jupiter make the points, and then a larger red triangle connecting the moon and uranus in libra with venus in capricorn and mars in Aries. i don't know if these are helpful or challenging but I suspect theres some challenging there esp with the red triangle....but there are other skinny triangles in there too, i just dont know how to make sense of it at all. Are the triangles trines or squares or something else?

As for a specific question, well, besides the fertility thing which is foremost on my mind because my clock is a-tickin, I have made really poor choices in men and trying to figure out if my chart tells about that and how I might overcome whatever it is that makes me attracted to men who wind up being abusive. I read somewhere the Venus in Capricorn is challenging for love relationships...

and in the career sector, I have been quite indecisive about what I "Want To Be When I Grow Up"- I've been in school getting a bachelor's degree and now I am done and as confused as ever as to my life's purpose. (before I spent ten years in food service management). I thought I wanted to be a DV survivors advocate but now I'm not sure that I want to because it reminds me of my marriage and I am not sure I will be able to help the survivor. I have to get past what happened to me first, account for my role in it, lose the bitterness that I still feel and really move on. even then i have these fears that i will not be able to help the survivors.

Part of me wants to just get a nice simple office job doing payroll or something, and forget all about fighting domestic violence because it is painful to think about day in day out. But someone needs to help the victims through their struggle and I have had first hand experience with abuse and with navigating the social services maze. I have empathy for the ones still in it and want to help get them to safety and get the world at least a tiny bit closer to being without violence in the home. I belive it is an important cause, and mainly feel almost sure I can help but I am having trouble being firm in my decision and going all out to actually get that kind of job. What signs and planets relate to decision making I wonder? i have no idea but i suspect if this astrology thing is truly accurate that there would be some challenging placements of those, lol.

lol that wasn't too clear either was it? I'd love to hear what you think of the triangles and if the part that I can decipher (venus in capricorn,saturn in cancer) seems either close to correct or missing the mark....

i think i am going to see about a solar return chart to look more into the baby thing. I am not averse to adoption either if it turns out it doesnt happen for me but it would be great to have one of my own that doesnt come only as part of a marital package deal; steparents have little to no rights to children when both the bios are around, though i have managed to occasionally see my stepkids since my seperation, through their mother not their father. i adore my stepkids and would give them the world if i could, but, especially since the divorce when it hit me they could not live with me anymore, i hope for one i can call my own someday.

like you said, before i try to figure out a solar return which i have heard of or a progression one which i havent, but I am also interested in what my chart might say about me as a parent. :)

in summary: wondering about Chiron, the triangles, whether my interpretations so far seem okay, and what the most striking features of my chart say to someone on the outside looking in. is there anything that seems to jump out as being an especially strong influence?

RamInLife

What you Need & Offer in Relationships

Needs (Emotional Energy)
3rd House Libra (Air/Cardinal) Love, understanding, cooperation
7th House Aquarius (Air/Fixed) Independence, innovation
11th House Gemini (Air/Mutable) Intellectual conversations, versatility
8th House Pisces (Water/Mutable) Sensitivity, compassion

Lots of Air!!! Communication, intellectual stimulation and social connection is very important to you. You're mutable which allows you to interact in diverse environments as you relate to differences of opinions, backgrounds.. you're adaptable.

Offers (Physical Energy)
Sun Scorpio (Water/Fixed) Deep emotions, intense feelings, possessiveness
Moon Libra (Air/Cardinal) Love, fairness, understanding, cooperation
N. Node Sagittarius (Fire/Mutable) Freedom, optimism, enthusiasm
Asc. Leo (Fire/Fixed) Excitement, adventure
Desc. Aquarius (Air/Fixed) Independence, innovation

Fire & Air... You certainly add lots of energy and spontaneity to your relationships! And your fixed ways allows a little persistence in the direction you desire to go.

Kind of life that will Satisfy your sign
Moon House: 3rd House
House of Communication & Understanding through Information
Venus House: 5th House
House of Children, Loved Ones & shows our needs in Love

Areas of Frustration
Saturns House: 11th House
House of Friends & Freedom

WOW!! If this doesn't answer your question about your relationship affairs... LOL! Can you see the picture?

Munch

Please post your chart rather than using a hyperlink. They expire too quickly. If you post it again, I'll get back to you this evening.

RamInLife

I have made really poor choices in men and trying to figure out if my chart tells about that and how I might overcome whatever it is that makes me attracted to men who wind up being abusive. I read somewhere the Venus in Capricorn is challenging for love relationships...

The Natal Chart is a portrait, a map. When you have a question start at one point in your chart and seek a path from there. Don't look at anything on its own or EVER see anything as a challenge or negative aspect. Your chart leads you from one point to another. Use it as a tool on how you can manage in a current situation.

For example, wanting to know why you've made poor choices in men... You haven't! I too have placed myself into an abusive relationship and got out right after the first punch... yes, I am guilty of longing for him after and wanting him back but what I wanted back was the protection he once gave me. I liked knowing he'd love me no matter what and always be there for me. He was OVER PROTECTIVE & CONTROLLING. Why was we attracted to each other? Because I give off a fun, playful, detached, need-to-be-saved vibe and attract protective and controlling types. But knowing this now I have restructured my approach to men. Does this make sense?

Showing you your needs and offers I hope leads you into a different frame of mind when you approach relationships. Use your needs to attract a man that can fulfill them completely without bringing harm into your world.

Whoa, that actually makes a lot of sense! Thanks for your direction about looking at aspects and things... it is important to kind of take all of it in and balance it out.
Re needs and offers: Pretty much right on target of the things most important to me. I definitely like deep conversation and being connected mentally, understanding and compassion are also very important to me. and the offers, i think those fit me well too.
Also true that I really just want a home and family life with love and understanding. That's what I wanted. But I also need a little bit of my own life. We had gotten along pretty well until I enrolled in college and he was jealous I paid attention to my school books. :/ I need to be able to breathe and have a little space to grow... freedom! Unfortunately he didn't want that for me; it threatened him i guess but he made a self fulfilling prophecy by going ballistic. :(
The dynamics of the relationship you described being in sounds very similar to my ex and I....unfortunately I wasnt as smart as you to get out the first time, and stayed on for over two years of increasing violence. It was hard to hold up the restraining orders and send him away, I also did like the fact he was so intense about me but I didnt want him to get violent! It got really really bad because I am not really one to let him do that without complaining! And lately I've been sad because he has a new girl; i dont like thinking of him being with her but I dont want him back either because i could never feel safe with him and trust him again. I didnt want to admit part of me liked the fact he wanted me and couldnt have me anymore, and now he doesnt need me at all... which is actually good, what i wanted was for him to leave me alone so he cant hurt me anymore... He really did me dirty and I struggle to forgive... and I think that i have to look at him more holistically- the only way i could go through with not letting him come back was to focus on the awful stuff he did, blocking out all the good times and pleasant moments. I had to pretty much ignore the fact he has any good in him at all. but now i am still bitter and hurt but trying to come to some level of forgiveness for my own sake, to stop the hurt...but then doing that hurts too when i think about how happy we were for a while and that I thought i would be part of a family instead of divorced alone and pushing forty.... lol. But I still have some options and the freedom to make my own choices. I wish though that he didnt turn into such a creep and I still had a husband and my stepkids and a minivan istead of just me and the dog and cats, lol. ...
so basically at this point i need to assess potential mates for signs of being controlling, jealousy, moving really fast to shack up and stuff like that are red flags! I need a guy I can talk to who matches my intellect and will be understanding of the fact I need freedom along with care and compassion. :)

Munch, here is me trying to repost my chart, lets see if this works: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20250

Thats the link, here is an attachment:

astro_w2gw_01_lauren_hp_14857_5796.gif

Last edited:

Munch

To be perfectly honest, I misunderstood what you were asking. I help with chart interpretation but not prediction. If you are still interested in hearing about potentials in your chart then I'd be happy to proceed. Otherwise, try posting a horary chart in the horary section. For this, just cast a chart for the time that you first decided to consult horary (which would be now) and post it in the horary section.

I'd be very interested to know what you might see in my chart as far as potentials. :) I dont really know what horary is but i will check it out! I have only done the natal chart so far.

Munch

Right then. I am at work at the moment, but when I get home tonight, I'll look into and address the issues you are concerned with.

A couple of things before hand though:

* I use the Whole Sign House System which will change the house placements in your chart. Since Leo is on the Asc, then Leo will cover the entire 1st house and all of the other houses will fall in place accordingly. There will be no intercepted houses.

* I use traditional rulers meaning that the outer planets will not be given any signs to rule in my interpretation. I do however recognize affinities between outer planets and signs such as Uranus has an affinity for Aquarius.

* Finally, I use rather tight orbs in my interpretations so just because it may look like an aspect in your chart as its posted, I may not agree that it exist. I hope that this makes sense. I look forward to doing the analysis for you and hope I have some insight that can help.

Interesting! So in your method, my planets will be or might be in different houses? wondering how different it might be! I've been looking at houses this morning and trying to interpret my chart by looking at which houses the planets are in... I am still confused about the different ways of making a chart but a lot of it stays the same right?
I dont know about traditional vs non traditional rulers... google. lol.
In using tight orbs for the aspects you kind of condense it down to only to very strongest and clearest influences? that kind of makes sense, seems like it could be more precisely targeted.
hmmm.

Munch

Well in regards to relationships we see that Libra occupies your 3rd house of conscious thought, communication, siblings and our neighborhood. It also has to do with short excursions as opposed to the 9th houses' long distance/term travel. This has been a spotlight issue for you as of late because Saturn has been transiting your natal Pluto and will remain in this house for a while yet. Transiting Uranus is opposing your Natal Pluto and Transiting Pluto is squaring your natal Pluto.

We see that relationships of all sorts are constantly at the fore of your mind. You think in terms of others in relationship to yourself and vice versa. The issue of fairness in your dealings with others is the main motivator in your thought patterns. What's more is with your Natal Pluto receiving so many tight aspects from the other planetary heavies you are being transformed as well as your relationship with your siblings. Your neighborhood might be feelings a bit too small and your relationships like they are demanding too much of you. The natural inclination with this set up is to get selfish, and that is fine. Your thoughts are supposed to become more self centered. You are learning how to think for yourself in terms of yourself and what you need as opposed to you and what you think others need. This will actually take practice for you. As long as Saturn is in your 3rd house, you can expect to have very clear and practical thoughts. This is a boon in regards to your relationship analysis. Just make sure that as a Moon/Mars opposition native with Natal Saturn in Cancer that you don't get too carried away with putting people through their paces. You are probably prone to going to extremes to protect your emotional self. If you prove to put up too tough of an obstacle to yourself then you potential prospects may lose interest. I can see based on your story and your chart set up why you are feeling so particularly cautious.

There is more, but (and I sincerely apologize for this because I have already delayed) I need to go at present. I swear that I'll finish this tomorrow. Scouts honor! :whistling:

Munch

Ok! I am back!

In terms of warning signs about men, there are classic indicators of an abusive personality type. Often the tell tale things to look for are multiple aspects in a chart that point towards tempers.

Mars/Saturn
Mars/Pluto and
Mars/Moon

Notice that Mars (God of War) is involved in these set ups. It has a lot to do with trapped/wasted/stifled energy needing an outlet.

In the Mars/Saturn set up we see frustrated energy that must move slowly or in some instances is completely stopped. As science teaches us, energy can't be destroyed and at some point it simply needs to be released. Even with the 'positive' contacts, this can still point towards explosive moments for the individual.

With Mars/Pluto we see raw energy given a boost and amplification. Self centered energy doesn't need to be boosted. This can create an ego maniac that can't see past themselves and their needs. The two together can become quite controlling (though not always overtly) and if Saturn joins the configuration via a 'negative' contact watch out for a sadist. Saturn being the authority may find some very sick and punitive ways for Mars and Pluto to punish anyone under the individual's control.

Mars/Moon is a simple case of being overly protective. This rarely points to violence itself, but the person may be quick to defend something that doesn't need defending. You'll find yourself constantly apologizing for things you have not done.

These are my top watch out aspects. The information I gave is definitely only the negative side of them because I wanted to impress WHY they are my top candidates for 'don't go there.' The truth is my chart possess all of these contacts and I am not out to hurt or kill anyone. I internalized a lot of my stuff though. I just had a lot of work to do on myself. Obviously a person can grow from their natal charts into truly wonderful people. Everything written is a very brief and gross generalization.

Hope this helps.

Also, many would add that hard contacts between Mars/Venus is a good indicator of something to watch for. I say it is, but needs more support to point towards a definite 'no go.'