Donald Trump will be impeached.

Dirius

I thought Congress should have stepped in on Obama's treatment of journalists. It was Republcan-controlled at the time, but they approved of his actions, which were heavily criticized by Liberals.
This is different. Congress said "No". This President says "I'll do what I want, who cares what you say?"

The question is whether there is a genuine crisis that he needs to take care of. If there isn't then you are right, he would be abusing the power of the presidency. If there is one however, he is entitled to do what he did. So the question you have to ask: is there a crisis?

Evidence suggests there is, because thousands of people break the law when crossing the southern border of your country each month. Also, statements by different politicians throughout the recent years have claimed "there is an illegal immigration crisis", so to the very least, goverment officials on both sides have claimed there is one.

Now, the only actual opposition the democrats have brought to the table is the idea that the wall is "expensive, ineffective and inmoral". While all this sounds nice... whether the wall is ineffective or not has no consequence. Trump was elected by the people to handle the issue as he saw fit. Whether is a good or bad idea, is up to average citizen, who elected Trump based on that plan.

JUPITERASC

35796498872_b8b2681659_b.jpg

david starling

The question is whether there is a genuine crisis that he needs to take care of. If there isn't then you are right, he would be abusing the power of the presidency. If there is one however, he is entitled to do what he did. So the question you have to ask: is there a crisis?

Evidence suggests there is, because thousands of people break the law when crossing the southern border of your country each month. Also, statements by different politicians throughout the recent years have claimed "there is an illegal immigration crisis", so to the very least, goverment officials on both sides have claimed there is one.

Now, the only actual opposition the democrats have brought to the table is the idea that the wall is "expensive, ineffective and inmoral". While all this sounds nice... whether the wall is ineffective or not has no consequence. Trump was elected by the people to handle the issue as he saw fit. Whether is a good or bad idea, is up to average citizen, who elected Trump based on that plan.

Trump, on his declaring an "Emergency": [in his own words] "I didn't need to do this."
Obviously, even HE doesn't believe it's a genuine crisis that requires the immediate construction of his wall! :smile:

Dirius

Trump, on his declaring an "Emergency": [in his own words] "I didn't need to do this."
Obviously, even HE doesn't believe it's a genuine crisis that requires the immediate construction of his wall! :smile:

That only means that congress could have come to an agreement regarding his plan, but they did not.

ynnest

This is from my perspective a lolipop stick judgement about a statement that has much more substance to it which leads to conclusions that are left when he says right and conclusions that are black when he means white.

Y

ynnest

*sighs*

Come on, you guys. Did you watch his speech? We're not taking him out of context. He explained exactly what he did in his own words. He didn't need to do it now, but he wants to do it "faster."

Here he is, in his own words, saying the emergency he just declared isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NzqiWXrfL4

My point is that we have millions of angry democratic americans who looks at the world through their lolipop stick filters which means that no matter what you say they Will make their conclusions anyway.

There might be different levels of emergency regarding the Wall depending on where the Wall is located of course but that does not take away the importance of a full Wall long term.

TRY to see dynamics and NOT the TINY details people for christ sake!

Y

Witchyone

My point is that we have millions of angry democratic americans who looks at the world through their lolipop stick filters which means that no matter what you say they Will make their conclusions anyway.

There might be different levels of emergency regarding the Wall depending on where the Wall is located of course but that does not take away the importance of a full Wall long term.

TRY to see dynamics and NOT the TINY details people for christ sake!

Y

I'm continually surprised that people think I'm being partisan. I genuinely disagree with Trump. I'm disappointed in Republicans for lining up behind him.

A national emergency is supposed to be for an emergency that needs to be acted upon fast, and there isn't time for Congress to appropriate money for it. This is clearly not what happened in this case. He is trying to build his wall because he thinks he needs it to win reelection. You can tell what he thinks by what he volunteers he doesn't think.

ynnest

I'm continually surprised that people think I'm being partisan. I genuinely disagree with Trump. I'm disappointed in Republicans for lining up behind him.

A national emergency is supposed to be for an emergency that needs to be acted upon fast, and there isn't time for Congress to appropriate money for it. This is clearly not what happened in this case. He is trying to build his wall because he thinks he needs it to win reelection. You can tell what he thinks by what he volunteers he doesn't think.

Your post here is from my perspective full of premises that you have taken to your heart as true which make a discussion that stretches beyond those premises futile from how I see it.

Y

Witchyone

Your post here is from my perspective full of premises that you have taken to your heart as true which make a discussion that stretches beyond those premises futile from how I see it.

Y

I can respect that. I fully admit that the last two sentences are conjecture. I also admit that it's hard for me to be objective about Trump, although having these conversations has made it a little easier, so I do thank all of you for that.

david starling

That only means that congress could have come to an agreement regarding his plan, but they did not.

You're putting words into his mouth. He could have explained it that way, but instead he said: "I didn't have to do this". Live with it. He literally said there's nothing immediately urgent, which means it doesn't rise to the level of the type of emergency he's invoking.