Can 12th house make you feel Scorpio-like?..

oversat6

Hey,I might have a weird question.

What placements can make you feel kinda "scorpionic"? All I read about Scorpios feels much more relatable than my sun sign (Pisces),and I mean not the glamorous "sexy, powerful, magnetic" side of it, but more this thing with being really obsessive, unable to let go, secretive and intense, especially in romantic relationships, which is supposed to be exact opposite since my Venus is in Aquarius, 11th house. I'm really far from being all flighty, friendly and chill.
The only Pluto aspects I have is that it sextiles Venus, Uranus and Neptune and trines AC. I don't even have a strong 8th house.
Can it be 12th house influence (3 planets, including Sun)?
Thank you!

Sweet Pea

No, it's most likely your Pluto aspects. You could also check for other 'pluto-like' factors like Orcus, Ixion, etc. Go to the Extended Chart Selection on astro.com and select them from the box.

Also, make sure you don't have a Pluto-Venus transit going on (semi-sextile) or even Pluto-Moon.

Also, check your progressed and progressed/natal chart. You might have a Pluto-Venus or Pluto-Moon aspect going on.

sibylline

You need to post your chart; it's likely a combination of influences. Saturn and fixed signs have a hard time letting go. Earth and water signs, and certain houses can lend to being a private or secretive person so yes, a Pisces Sun in the 12th would be very private. None of the traits you listed are under the sole dominion of Scorpio.

waybread

I agree that it is probably a Pluto contact, which could be by transit or progression, rather than natal. Posting your chart would be helpful

Witchyone

I've had this same feeling and question. Investigating it has led me to believe the following energies could account for it:

Chiron and Venus in the 12th House
Neptune in 7th House
Mars, Moon, Pluto Yod
Pluto in 5th House
Pluto square Saturn
Venus in Taurus (could account for possessiveness, but none of the other Scorpio stuff)

oversat6

Just figured out how to attach it. All I can see is Saturn transiting 8th house, maybe?..

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 48

waybread

Transiting Pluto is currently squaring your moon. Your moon indicates your emotional nature. Your moon is currently feeling "Plutonized."

Sweet Pea

And not just your Moon......transiting Pluto is also making aspects to Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Saturn, and Mercury!!

:biggrin:

sibylline

@oversat,

Is this something recent or something you've always noticed? I thought it was the latter, based on your opening post. In which case it wouldn't be a transit.

oversat6

Thank you all very much for your replies!

****. How long do Pluto transits usually take? It's not for life, right? Because that doesn't feel good.
Btw, is Sun transiting 7th house a good thing? Sorry for all the questions

@sibylline,

Pretty much whole life, but last couple of years especially. Though it might seem like that because I never analyzed it from astrological point of view before

sibylline

^Okay.

...this thing with being really obsessive, unable to let go, secretive and intense, especially in romantic relationships

Can you explain more what you mean by "intense" in your case? Just because there are several meanings. Moon in Aries Rising, Rx Leo Mars would be plenty intense.

oversat6

^Okay.

Can you explain more what you mean by "intense" in your case? Just because there are several meanings. Moon in Aries Rising, Rx Leo Mars would be plenty intense.

Hm, not sure If I completely understand it myself, but I'll try to describe. It's like everything comes out stronger that I intend it to be.Every relationship I start, including completely platonic unintentionally ends up being some sort of codependency or just becomes much more personal/intimate than I want it to be, which could sometimes be great, but not with classmates, teachers, acquaintances etc. It's just "too much" and somewhat unhealthy.When I try to keep things casual and easy it almost always leaves people offended or hurt. Even female friendships weirdly feel like dating,being friends with guys never worked out. Usual polite eye contact during conversation is often perceived like flirting or something or just makes things uncomfortable, so I try to avoid it. I used to think that it's all in my head, but few people have pointed it out as well, so now I'm trying to find an answer in astrology. I guess

waybread

Do you know how to read an ephemeris? There is a free one at Astrodienst. It will tell you how long a transit lasts. Allow a 2-3 degree orb for an applying transit. Unless the planet is going to go retrograde and whomp you again, generally the separating orb is narrower.

A Pluto transit can be obsessive, or it can make you want to "cocoon" and just not go out very much. But always, it's mantra is, "out with the old, so that new growth has space to take place." This is a good time to let go of any old habits that no longer support you.

NRodin

The thing is that water elemental signs have the ability to convolute each other more than the other elements in my opinion. Earth and fire can each be separated more easily than air and water. I find that all air signs never shut up, and all water signs are all secretive and depressing. I find there to be more contrast in fire signs and earth signs, as these elements have more actual forms to play with. Water can change, but it just becomes other elements when it does, and air is just always air.

the 12th house is a dark house; it's the end of life pretty much, and it may as well be the 8th house on steroids. the 8th is a jail you eventually always get out of, where as the 12th is prison which you most likely will die from, live in forever, or get out, but once you're out, become so terrified that you dwell in your mind out of terror. That being said its not meant to be terrible, it's meant to teach hard lessons and abridge the human race to enlightenment, mainly through understanding what energy is and how we all can manipulate it to expand our inner self.

Whatever you read about Pisces is probably just a poor source, they aren't really chill or dreamy to the core, they cling to emotional structure desperately, and they adapt to other signs, and can be any sign it wants to. If I saw more details on your chart, I could go into deeper detail with you.

Witchyone

The thing is that water elemental signs have the ability to convolute each other more than the other elements in my opinion. Earth and fire can each be separated more easily than air and water. I find that all air signs never shut up, and all water signs are all secretive and depressing. I find there to be more contrast in fire signs and earth signs, as these elements have more actual forms to play with. Water can change, but it just becomes other elements when it does, and air is just always air.

the 12th house is a dark house; it's the end of life pretty much, and it may as well be the 8th house on steroids. the 8th is a jail you eventually always get out of, where as the 12th is prison which you most likely will die from, live in forever, or get out, but once you're out, become so terrified that you dwell in your mind out of terror. That being said its not meant to be terrible, it's meant to teach hard lessons and abridge the human race to enlightenment, mainly through understanding what energy is and how we all can manipulate it to expand our inner self.

Whatever you read about Pisces is probably just a poor source, they aren't really chill or dreamy to the core, they cling to emotional structure desperately, and they adapt to other signs, and can be any sign it wants to. If I saw more details on your chart, I could go into deeper detail with you.

Interesting takes on both 12th house and Pisces. Perhaps Pisceans run the gamut from "clinging to emotional structure" to "chill," depending on how willing they are to experience the flow. I know a lot of people with strong Pisces placements, and I see a lot more nervous, anxious energy going on in them than is often discussed in texts on Pisces.

sibylline

Interesting takes on both 12th house and Pisces. Perhaps Pisceans run the gamut from "clinging to emotional structure" to "chill," depending on how willing they are to experience the flow. I know a lot of people with strong Pisces placements, and I see a lot more nervous, anxious energy going on in them than is often discussed in texts on Pisces.

Nope, and some people who call themselves astrologers allow their bad experiences with certain people to bleed into their astrology. As far as being choosy with your sources, you should be wary of any astrologer whose only statements about a placement or placements are across the board negative.

I don't consider myself to be nervous or anxious and I wouldn't say those are Piscean traits but can be a downside to mutable energy, particularly in hard aspect.

Hephaistos

no, 12 th house you can put in what you want, and much as you want from everything, but never comes back, its gone forever. like a black hole.

that means the rule of give and take is out of order by people with a strong 12th house.
is a very and the only evil house in horoscope, just like neptune this damned son of a *b.itch.

you can give everything ... and nothing ...really nothing you become ever back, not even the small to survive.
the better way to handle the 12th house is ... never give anything only take with no mercy when the chance comes.

my experience with sun, venus & mercury in the 12th house and moon in pisces.

Last edited:

Witchyone

Nope, and some people who call themselves astrologers allow their bad experiences with certain people to bleed into their astrology. As far as being choosy with your sources, you should be wary of any astrologer whose only statements about a placement or placements are across the board negative.

I don't consider myself to be nervous or anxious and I wouldn't say those are Piscean traits but can be a downside to mutable energy, particularly in hard aspect.

I'm pretty good at taking all information on board and making my own decisions about it, so don't worry. I won't hear one negative account and take it as the Truth. Please note that I did not say all Pisces are nervous. I live with a Pisces sun and my mother, best friend, sister, nephew, and I all have Pisces moon. These are all people I like a lot, and I like Pisces energy, in general. I think all signs have darker traits though. There is a reason Pisces are associated with taking drugs, and a tendency toward a certain instability of mind and/or emotions may be part of that.

Vyri

Banned
Hello WitchyOne,

Only putting my two cents in's worth. Am only an amature but.....all things considered. Pisces is the natural sign ruler (as you know) of that house and should you look to the triplicity's of the water/rulers their decans within the map; ruled by Pisces/Scorpio=Mars/Pluto placement in reference to prominance; additionally whether they are above the horizon or personal hidden below the horizon=secretive subdued ready to pounce being a hidden part of the id, their house standing (with other planets within their sectors considered in the blend) it might give you a clue 'why and where' these decan rulers (Pluto/sex drive masculine dominance intensity, Mars) have the most effectual impacts expressed as part of your personal modus operandi to effectuate events/activities in the life, or how you respond to these stimulus rulers.:rightful::kissing::whistling:

Wishing you all the best
Vyri

Witchyone

Hello WitchyOne,

Only putting my two cents in's worth. Am only an amature but.....all things considered. Pisces is the natural sign ruler (as you know) of that house and should you look to the triplicity's of the water/rulers their decans within the map; ruled by Pisces/Scorpio=Mars/Pluto placement in reference to prominance; additionally whether they are above the horizon or personal hidden below the horizon=secretive subdued ready to pounce being a hidden part of the id, their house standing (with other planets within their sectors considered in the blend) it might give you a clue 'why and where' these decan rulers (Pluto/sex drive masculine dominance intensity, Mars) have the most effectual impacts expressed as part of your personal modus operandi to effectuate events/activities in the life, or how you respond to these stimulus rulers.:rightful::kissing::whistling:

Wishing you all the best
Vyri

Thank you. That's going to take me a few minutes to unpack, but unpack it I will.