Mars-Pluto aspects

IleneK

Premium Member
I see. Mars is 1° in Leo in the 3rd semi-squaring Pluto which is 2° in Scorpio in the 5th.

Mars at 1 Leo squares Pluto at 2 Scorp.

All the fixed signs square or oppose each other. Likewise, all the mutables square or oppose each other, and all the cardinals square or oppose each other.

Kind of a handy rule of thumb...

Last edited:

Skywomb

Oh my gosh these stories are so sad, my heart goes out to you all...

My venus/mars are quincunx pluto in the 11th and I was never sexually abused (well not until a couple of times as a teenager but I put myself in really stupid situations), but now I recall this friend who used to beat me up when I was a kid... Seems fitting for the 11th. Then I changed schools and had something similar happen with another girl, and then again with a third girl.

Then I became a bully and perhaps enacted the aspect that way?
This has probably much more to do with my Capricorn-side, but... I really think if my life hasn't been as it has been, a long ******* thinking period up till now (pluto transiting my ascendant as opposed to the damned 12th house) I really think I could've been a major *******. Or at least have worn a tie (nightmarish).

Not counting the many years of joyful ignorance to the fact that my head was scrambled ... there was a few months where I did not care about people at all...well more like "hate sustained me". So you know, ironically in hindsight, I harassed a few people.....
I really think I understand, most bastards don't do this intentionally...seek out weak people and stomp on them. It just happens (like instant coffee I'm about to drink tons of).

sequestra

I really think I understand, most bastards don't do this intentionally...seek out weak people and stomp on them. It just happens (like instant coffee I'm about to drink tons of).

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Lines can become pretty blurry, and we're all capable of both incredible goodness and depravity. I know I've made some tremendously hideous moral messes in my life through which I feel I've learned (and even gained) a lot, but I would never blame some of the people I've "learned on" for wanting nothing more to do with me. I do believe we have to pay for our actions, and ultimately do, in some form or another.

The_Saturnian

Mars at 1 Leo squares Pluto at 2 Scorp.

All the fixed signs square or oppose each other. Likewise, all the mutable square or oppose each other, and all the mutable square or oppose each other.

Kind of a handy rule of thumb...

Thank you Ilenek for your response :) It's wierd though. I've made use of this other website called horoscopeswithin.com to draw up my chart and show all the various aspects including minor aspects too and it states that there is a semi-square aspect between the 2.

I can see what you mean about the 'handy thumb rule'. I can co-relate to something a bit like Fleming's right hand rule in the Physics of Electricity. I love relating things to complex science LOL :D

I'm still learning about aspects so aspects aren't my strong point.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you Ilenek for your response :) It's wierd though. I've made use of this other website called horoscopeswithin.com to draw up my chart and show all the various aspects including minor aspects too and it states that there is a semi-square aspect between the 2.

I can see what you mean about the 'handy thumb rule'. I can co-relate to something a bit like Fleming's right hand rule in the Physics of Electricity. I love relating things to complex science LOL :D

I'm still learning about aspects so aspects aren't my strong point.

I went to horoscopeswithin.com to see if my chart might have some irregularities and met with technical difficulties. I wonder if the site might not be experiencing other technical problems. Since the accuracy of your natal chart is essential for a correct interpretation, you might consider just casting your chart at astro.com to see if they identify your Sun-Moon as a semi-square, too.

I've been doing this a long time, and I'm still learning, too :)

Vista

This is a thought provoking subject. I have noticed I seem to attract a lot of men with hard Mars to Pluto hard aspects. I never thought about just sexual abuse with these aspects, I usually look for any kind of abuse with either Mars, Uranus, or Pluto placed in the 4th or 12th houses, or the ruler of these houses in hard aspect to Mrs, Ur, and Pl. That will usually point to some sort of abuse in childhood. Besides any kind of abuse, Mars to Pluto or Mars to Uranus can also point to bad tempers and people who can be cruel at times. A great way to work with this energy is contact sports, therefore many professional athletes have Mars in hard aspect to Ur or Pluto.

My mother has a horrible temper and I believe(now)she is slightly bipolar. She was sexually abused as a child by her stepfather. She has Moon in hard aspect to Uranus(can point to bipolar) with Mars ruling her 4th house opposing Pluto(sexual abuse and bad temper). He was the only grandfather I knew btw, and my mom would send me to visit my grandparents!! Nothing like sending a lamb into the lion's den!! Thankfully, my grandfather never touched me but I always got a weird creeped out feeling whenever he would rub my back.

My mom was extremely critical of me as a child. She never really hit me though but her screaming voice could stop traffic. My best girlfriends father touched me inappropriately(actually once grabbed me and kissed me passionately - ewe!!!) a couple times until I stopped spending the night over there, and my stepfather was an exhibitionist with me. I would have to walk by their room to get to my bedroom and he would be naked in front of me with the door open but of course when my mom was there the he would close the door. My 12th is ruled by Aquarius and Jupiter is placed inside in Pisces opposing Uranus and Pluto in the 6th. Hum, I never thought about these aspects pointing to my sexual abuse!! I always sort of concentrated on my 4th house, with it being ruled by Cancer with Moon in Cancer placed inside and part of a natal Kite with Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto! This should offer a lot of protection, however my Moon is in a pitted degree so I believe this negates much of the good of the Kite configuration. Kind of an aha moment here!!

Last edited:

Skywomb

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Lines can become pretty blurry, and we're all capable of both incredible goodness and depravity. I know I've made some tremendously hideous moral messes in my life through which I feel I've learned (and even gained) a lot, but I would never blame some of the people I've "learned on" for wanting nothing more to do with me. I do believe we have to pay for our actions, and ultimately do, in some form or another.
Sure.
Talking about opposites and somesuch.. In a way I think my extremely emphatic side made me go the absolute opposite...and back again in a more balanced form. Well, that's one strange story (with very little to tell).

I feel like I've been, mostly, poked around by some very strange fate quite enough. So I'm quite happy I just need to regain half my life...and I'm not damaged goods. Some people I've come across, well there isn't words for it but I wouldn't want to be them.
Good I don't hang around to many depraved people anymore...cause only person I need to watch die is my father in fact I might have to "do something about that", which is even funnier when I think of the people I've stumbled upon and picked up some handy shady skills and resources and some strange thoughts I've always had... Hmm. But I'll return on that, much more Capricornian, archetype fate stuff thing at some other time.

It was fun reading "The Astrology of Fate" I can tell that though.

Skywomb

Yeah I got the Uranus Mars semisquare. Definetly makes me more impulsive in an obvious way sometimes, I never quite figured where that came from till I thought about that aspect.

At any rate I really should stop doing my own kara -teeeee! on my furniture
Simply lifting weights helps, a lot....with a lot of things.

I've literally burnt money (you know a lighter), quite a lot of it for me at the time... and I was sober.... This one person kept talking about money...money.... and then he said take this money (he just gave me some for free). Well I got really pissed at his obsession around money... so I just lit it all.
My technique didn't help him change his mind about things to my "surprise". :lol:

Burning money for such "reasons" in such a way does make sense in my chart I just realized..... Aquarius second house, with Uranus rising semi-squaring my Mars (real near exact)... Money comes money .. burns.

Last edited:

theV

I have this info

The Mars-Neptune contact indicates sexual boundaries had slipped (Neptune) and induced feelings of guilt and sin around sex (Mars). The loss of innocence (Neptune) through violation (Mars)

M

may28gemini

This is a thought provoking subject. I have noticed I seem to attract a lot of men with hard Mars to Pluto hard aspects. I never thought about just sexual abuse with these aspects, I usually look for any kind of abuse with either Mars, Uranus, or Pluto placed in the 4th or 12th houses, or the ruler of these houses in hard aspect to Mrs, Ur, and Pl. That will usually point to some sort of abuse in childhood. Besides any kind of abuse, Mars to Pluto or Mars to Uranus can also point to bad tempers and people who can be cruel at times. A great way to work with this energy is contact sports, therefore many professional athletes have Mars in hard aspect to Ur or Pluto.

My mother has a horrible temper and I believe(now)she is slightly bipolar. She was sexually abused as a child by her stepfather. She has Moon in hard aspect to Uranus(can point to bipolar) with Mars ruling her 4th house opposing Pluto(sexual abuse and bad temper). He was the only grandfather I knew btw, and my mom would send me to visit my grandparents!! Nothing like sending a lamb into the lion's den!! Thankfully, my grandfather never touched me but I always got a weird creeped out feeling whenever he would rub my back.

My mom was extremely critical of me as a child. She never really hit me though but her screaming voice could stop traffic. My best girlfriends father touched me inappropriately(actually once grabbed me and kissed me passionately - ewe!!!) a couple times until I stopped spending the night over there, and my stepfather was an exhibitionist with me. I would have to walk by their room to get to my bedroom and he would be naked in front of me with the door open but of course when my mom was there the he would close the door. My 12th is ruled by Aquarius and Jupiter is placed inside in Pisces opposing Uranus and Pluto in the 6th. Hum, I never thought about these aspects pointing to my sexual abuse!! I always sort of concentrated on my 4th house, with it being ruled by Cancer with Moon in Cancer placed inside and part of a natal Kite with Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto! This should offer a lot of protection, however my Moon is in a pitted degree so I believe this negates much of the good of the Kite configuration. Kind of an aha moment here!!

YIKES!!! all of that is just so frightfully gross and dark! i never thought i'd say this, but i'm glad that i was abused the "regular" way rather than get sexually abused.
i was abused and then turned around and got blamed as an "abuser" because i stood up against my dad (mars inconjunct pluto). i carried the stigma and accepted my persona non grata of being labeled a loose cannon and nuts but i was really just misunderstood and only wanted to get away and find peace (moon trine uranus). my libra jupiter at critical 0 degree has done well to protect me- trine mars, sextile uranus, trine sun. i owe a lot to my libra saturn as well- it has the same aspects as my jupiter because they conjunct. i came out of chaotic times better than most people.

sometimes i wonder if our chart shows us how we can overcome trauma and adversity or just end up perpetuating our karmic misfortunes...

M

may28gemini

I have this info

The Mars-Neptune contact indicates sexual boundaries had slipped (Neptune) and induced feelings of guilt and sin around sex (Mars). The loss of innocence (Neptune) through violation (Mars)

reading that really sent chills down my spine. very dark and troublesome.

sequestra

I have this info

Not in all cases. I have venus/mars square neptune tightly and both quincunx pluto too and I did not suffer sexual abuse as a child. I remember being five years old with a friend at some tennis courts near the Georges River and my friend and I went down to play near the river while our mums' were playing doubles with a couple of men. We were just splashing around in the water being kids and some man suddenly appears out of nowhere and takes his pants off. We start screaming and running and he actually chased us for a few seconds or so, telling us to shutup and grabbing out at us - **** that was scary. Anyway we got back to our mothers and were screaming/hysterical, they told the proprietors who sent rangers off to find him, but of course they didn't (there was a lot of bushland surrounding the place)... Anyway, my point is that this was the closest I ever got to being sexually abused as a child, and the man never laid a hand on me.

tautomer

I have Mars trine Pluto exact (mars is also conjunct my midhaven). This particular aspect is quite useful and helpful for me because my mars is badly afflicted (opposing saturn neptune and uranus). Also, mars is in cancer, which is no good.

Since I have a heavy scorpio element, having mars trine this adds a certain type of strength and tenacity to my physical world goals and projects. When I want to "win", or something like it, I pull out every stop I possibly can (within my moral limitations) and I make it happen. It also allows me to be very solid on my convictions and opinions. Ultimately, I will hold the key to feeling a certain way, or doing a certain thing, and unless I allow someone to do so, no one can influence me.

I am also drawn to leadership positions and positions of power. Always have been ever since I was a little kid. I always wanted to be the boss, in charge, the leader, etc. I gain that power in a slow progressive way though, as it is the most persistent path and it allows it to be done in a positive way.

Fragoso

Mars/Pluto trine here - I use to say that I am indestructible :devil:
The trine brings a lot of energy, but it's a constructive one; the person will be assertive, and will have power but uses it wisely and without devilry.

ImNotThere9

I have Mars square Pluto; though I could boast an even temperament much of the time, when I become irritable for some reason it is easily exacerbated by outside annoyances, usually embodied by other people who will not preserve some space in which to come down. My temper is infrequent, but explosive. This aspect also confers an immense capacity for self-control in mature individuals. Bruce Lee was exemplary, as was W.B. Yeats.

I am quite proud of this aspect, if I may be perfectly candid. It is not popular, and I have reason to believe it is terribly misunderstood. Some have written of a penchant in these individuals to have ungovernable sex drives, and others still have furthered this to a distinct potential for (sexual) violence. Some will have it that the penchant for sexual volatility is actually in the form of others whom those with this placement haplessly attract.

My own experience cannot confirm much of this. I have no recollection of sexual impropriety against my person. What did transpire was that I was gifted with a precocious awareness of sex at a very young age, and have had to undergo several metamorphoses in understanding of how the matter should be approached and appreciated. Some people never grow out of their internalized boyish attitudes to sex. This was not an issue.

The powerful sex drive is very much pertinent. I notice that, when I take leave of cigarettes, my sex drive goes insatiably through the roof, but I remain very self-controlled and composed in all manner of situation. I celebrate the aspect, and arguably owe to it much of the obstinacy of my nature which has been so rewarding to this day.

Mars squares Pluto in the third house from the fifth, where it partakes of a four-planet stellium. Mars is in Pisces. This also may bear significance to the above.

Last edited:

tautomer

Mars/Pluto trine here - I use to say that I am indestructible :devil:
The trine brings a lot of energy, but it's a constructive one; the person will be assertive, and will have power but uses it wisely and without devilry.

Hehe, but it is oh so tempting to use devilry, hehe. I kid, mostly ;).

fullmoonlibra

Wow.. Never considered this as an important element in my chart.
In fact, I have Mars sextile Pluto, as part of small talent triangle (Jupi included)
And Pluto transit is conjunct natal Mars/Neptune in fifth house.
I have no idea how I can interpret this when picturing my life.

In composite I have a Mars/Pluto conjjunction and I can explain this better when having an eye on the relationship. It is the strangest thing to have..
It was not really abuse, but power struggles, manipulation, frustration, anger, provoking, hatred, still passion, no trust, etc...
Thanks to God this aspect is involved in a grand trine with Venus/Sun and Jupiter. So it can be turned into passion any minute :tongue:.

fullmoonlibra

My brother has a Mars opposite Pluto, with Pluto in Scorpio, exactly at the MC, and Mars in Taurus exactly at IC.
He is politician, so I'm glad he has channeled this strong energy into a good way. But don't **** him off, cause I know, he has the potential murder-gene :tongue:.
He can really REALLY freak out, and everything turns black before his eyes.
He must be in power, and he is so selfish at times.
Fortunately, he never did wrong to any of us, but we all know that he has the potential.
He is also a very fast driver. He drives like crazy!

His Mars Pluto is part of a T square with Venus as focal point in first house. So I guess a love in his life could help him to temper his agression. Or is it opposite? That this lady will be victim of his agression? Cause I know that my brother is seeing someone (and they are serious) with Pluto in seventh house..

Last edited:

Nightfire

I have Mars trine Pluto exact (mars is also conjunct my midhaven). This particular aspect is quite useful and helpful for me because my mars is badly afflicted (opposing saturn neptune and uranus). Also, mars is in cancer, which is no good.

Since I have a heavy scorpio element, having mars trine this adds a certain type of strength and tenacity to my physical world goals and projects. When I want to "win", or something like it, I pull out every stop I possibly can (within my moral limitations) and I make it happen. It also allows me to be very solid on my convictions and opinions. Ultimately, I will hold the key to feeling a certain way, or doing a certain thing, and unless I allow someone to do so, no one can influence me.

I am also drawn to leadership positions and positions of power. Always have been ever since I was a little kid. I always wanted to be the boss, in charge, the leader, etc. I gain that power in a slow progressive way though, as it is the most persistent path and it allows it to be done in a positive way.

I have the same as u mars trine pluto, mars in cancer and mars opposing neptune/uranus and mars conjucting my ascendant which is cancer. As u i like power being the boss and being in charge of others. Im mostly calm but when provoked i turn nasty even ruthless. Mars trine pluto is powerful aspect to have in ur chart sends ur survival insticts throught the roof.