Voice and Astrology

surrealsuburb123

How would you guys imagine a Mercury in Aries to sound like?

I'm guessing loud, obnoxious, quick wit, etc...

When it comes to quality of voice, my voice is rather girly sounding. People say I sound nice or demure, or like a young child. It used to be really high pitched when I was a toddler. Many people say I have a pleasant voice, but I think it's kind of annoying. I'm usually quiet, but I can definitely be LOUD, but I just choose not to. People usually ask me to repeat myself when I speak because I'm quiet. But when I'm upset, my voice gets ridiculously deep (Mercury trine Pluto?) and I can end up screaming like an insane person when I'm arguing.

As far as singing, I'm meh. I can sing Soprano 2 to Alto 2. I'm comfortable in the mid-to-low range.

Riyanakraiem

my venus is in taurus my Mercury is also in Taurus in the first house my ascendant is in Taurus and my sun is in the first house in Gemini my Mars is also in the first house in Gemini I love singing and people love to hear me sing

katydid

A female friend and I are often describes as having "sexy voices." Both of us have our venus in Taurus (which rules the throat and neck)

Has anyone else found connections between vocal quality and astrology?

My daughter is a successful 'voice over' actress. She makes her living doing that now. And she has Venus and Mercury in Taurus trining Uranus/Neptune in Cap.

She is also a singer with a beautiful voice. I have always seen that as her Mercury /Venus trine to the Uranus/Neptune in the 2nd.

katydid

I've found a lot of talented singers have hard Venus-Saturn aspects.

It may have something to do with Venus ruling the vocal cords while Saturn relates to control.

That's interesting. My daughter is a very talented singer which I saw as her Venus/Mercury trining Uranus/Neptune in the 2nd.

But she also has Venus in Taurus square Saturn in Aquarius. I never thought of it as control of vocal chords but I see it now.

I have seen that as her not liking the spotlight. She is a working voice over actress. Her characters sing and she is on Disney and Cartoon network 'voicing' characters in animated shows. She prefers that to live action, although she has done both.

craft94

All of this Gemini/Mercury/Air sign stuff: YES YES YES. I say this because I'm a Gemini rising with Mercury in Libra (rettograde :/) square Uranus (and Neptune depending on the orb you use) and conjunct my Sun by less than zero degrees. My voice is super high pitched and probably squeaky. I'm not sure but in middle school people said I had an annoying voice. I hear my own voice as lower than it actually is. I heard my voice recorded in video once...I feel sorry for everyone. I have a really loud voice sometimes and I hear it as quiter than it actually is but I'm also very socially awkward and shy so I don't always talk.

Fire signs tend to be super loud and Scorpios whisper

My moon is in Taurus and my Venus is in Scorpio although I don't know what that has to do with anything. I would think Mercury would have the most to do with voice or even the rising sign since that effects our appearance, mannerisms etc. but then again I'm thinking talking, not singing and Venus is art and beauty.

Musically, I think I have a good voice but not everyone agrees. It isn't as high pitched or annoying as my talking one.

I feel like Neptune aspects are the best at producing musical ability. Most famous musicians have Neptune-Mercury or Neptune-Venus aspects..

Andrea_

You guys talking about sexy and singing voices mainly :p

What about those that, probably assisted by the individual's convictions and personal power (thus other natal placements), are very good orators and can move you through their speeches.

I got my Mercury in Capricorn in the 1st, conjunct ASC, Mars and Neptune (and Uranus maybe but it's a 10 degrees orb...), sextiled by Saturn (2nd house) and people generally remember my voice and accent as distinctive and in high school I was chosen to speak at public ceremonies and etc ^^ Or in projects. My 1st boyfriend made some weird observations about my voice... even after 2 years after, we then happened to meet again and the first thing he did was get dreamy and say my voice didn't change... I was told i am a good storyteller too.

Due to the way I am (i really prefer honesty) what i say can pierce like arrows sometimes/make people feel uncomfortable. When I was younger i used to notice a lot all the underlying things... i analysed people, and i noticed lies easily, and it was so hard for me to act like i didn't know anything, so i just didn't speak much... it was weird xD I didn't want to hurt, but i was hurting myself a lot indirectly and soon i noticed the change wasn't to be done in me, but in my choice of people.

I always loved to sing, but my voice unfortunately had other plans and isn't exactly the best singing one. I do have powerful vocal cords though if that counts :lol:

My Taurus Sun/Cancer Moon, Merc. in gemini conjunct MC friend however has a beautiful voice and sings nicely, even though she is far form making a career out of it. Her mother though also had a fine voice and loved to sing randomly.

Another good friend of mine went to singing contests, record herself, was the vocalist in a band, has a youtube account and dreams about becoming a voice actor... She is a Scorpio but I am not sure about her birth details so I might come back later with a few details and possible helpful placements ^^

Last edited:
Heck this an old forum but i wish to contribute anyway if you want find people with the sexiest voices look no further then people with mercury in libra and venus in virgo these people are the sexiest sounding people ever! A perfect voice example for venus in virgo is the voice actor for salem the cat in sabrina the teenage witch venus in virgo's have very asmr type voices.

CapAquaPis

In my case, a Mercury in Pisces in 9th between Sun/Moon in 8th and Venus in MC - it's no wonder I have a kind of voice on skype and discord to remind some people who told me, despite I'm a 38 goin onto 39 year old male, sounds much like a 20-something year old woman - can it be related to my most previous past live of being a 20-something female from 1975 Saigon now Ho Chi Minh city, (South) Vietnam? Her life (actually, she was me) lost her life in the fall of Saigon to the North Vietnamese before the country's reunification the following year (1976). All I know is I returned as an Anglo-American male here in Southern CA, though my father is from France (the Vietnams and Indochina's former colonial ruler, 1880s-1954) and my mother has long dark hair (of part-Cherokee, not Vietnamese descent). My soul wanted to flee if not physically, like over a million (South) Vietnamese did after they lost the war.

Last edited:

theoddone

I have a husky voice but I don't think it's sexy.

I also have Venus in Aquarius (retrograde) tightly conjunct Moon in Aquarius in the 3rd house, both square my Scorpio Ascendant.

jac

I have mercury in capricorn, makes me very direct, authoritative; when it suits me. I also have venus in aquarius and can very adeptly disguise my voice. I did a lot of singing when I was younger, and to good result.

theoddone

I have mercury in capricorn, makes me very direct, authoritative; when it suits me. I also have venus in aquarius and can very adeptly disguise my voice. I did a lot of singing when I was younger, and to good result.

I'm also Mercury in Capricorn as well. It just makes me serious in my communications.

Domna

I've been singing for as long as I can remember and I suppose I could have made a career out if it if I had the guts... but I prefer having a more stable profession and just doing singing on the side. I have a strong mezzo-soprano voice with a good natural vibrato. In my choir I sing soprano but I could just as well sing alto, so my range is pretty good. When my choir has the need for a soloist I'm the go-to. I completely lack stage fright when singing so I'm happy to do it too. The most common comment I get about my singing, apart from general compliments about my voice, is that it's very soulful and expressive. Speaking voice is pleasant enough I guess, but nothing special.

Some possible indications:
- Libra ascendant with chart ruler Venus in Taurus, 8th house, making no major aspects but lots of very exact minor ones (semi-square Mercury, semi-sextile Jupiter, sesqui-quadrate Neptune and Ascendant...).
- Mercury conjunct Mars in Cancer 9th, both closely conjunct my Midheaven. Opposite Capricorn Neptune in the 3rd, trine Scorpio Pluto in the 2nd, sextile Virgo Moon in the 12th.
- Scorpio second house with Pluto.
- Neptune in the 3rd, conjunct IC. (Opposite Mercury/Mars on the Midheaven, trine Moon in the 12th, sextile Pluto in the 2nd.)
- Sun in Gemini conjunct Mercury/Venus midpoint.

UraSatVen1029

I have some observations and opinions about this topic, allow me to contribute more.

I’m a passionate singer, and is quite serious about it and has always dreamed of using my voice in my career. I’ve observed and studied natal charts of the singers that I look up to and respect. So..

Kehlani, is a Taurus sun, Cancer Rising and Pisces Moon. Although her Venus is in Aries, she also has Mercury Taurus. She has a smooth, honey-like fluid voice quality. It’s husky and can be really sexy and sensual. Her 5th house is Scorpio, so this may explain the mixture of her voice artistry and music artistry to be sensual and more of th RnB elements but also with mature, sexy themes. her voice seems to be just as light as her singing voice. still has a husky quality. But it’s also not too high on the range, like a mezzo soprano. She does sound very pleasant and feminine. that’s the Taurus influence right there. With the Aries influence, it sounds dynamic, direct, bubbly and quite girly/young.

Mariah Carey: Aries Sun, Mercury, Venus, Scorpio Moon. She has Taurus rising conjunct Mars in Taurus. Since all of her Aries planets’ ruling planet is Mars, and it’s in the sign of Taurus, then that explains the drive and ambition in her music and even in her vocal artistry and techniques. Venus and Mars are in mutual reception. Mariah is known for her extensive range but also for her buttery, fluid and versatile round feminine sound. When she talks its incredibly low for a Soprano like her. She claims to be an Alto that could sing in High Soprano range. There has to be Saturn, Jupiter or Mercury aspects here because she has greeeat control of her voice and technique, has a wide range and also has a very pleasant voice. Her talking voice is very low and sensual, soothing and calming to hear like ASMR. When she belts, her voice just flies sky high, or floats very fiercely.

Ariana Grande Has Mercury Cancer and Venus Taurus. Moon Libra. conjunct jupiter Libra. To me this just explains why her voice is so sweet, girly, charming and also quite attractive to the mass in the mainstream. Jupiter influence here also expands her vocal range. Venus trining her Ascendant in capricorn shows her drive and effort in artistic expression. When she talks, it’s also very pleasant to hear, very feminine, like velvet. It’s also quite high and childish— but nowadays I noticed her voice has deepened.

I know one person who has a very deep masculine voice, and I definitely think its his Capricorn dominance. It’s also quite unique, because I’ve never heard a bass voice quite like his. He has Capricorn Sun, Mercury and Mars in Capricorn, and they all conjunct Neptune-Uranus in Capricorn. And this stellium is in his 2nd house, which also rules the throat and voice. Its also quite interesting that the ruler of his Capricorn planets is Saturn in Pisces, so not only does he have a unique deep voice, but he also has a dreamy and soothing quality to it. A very smooth bass. He sings a lot of slow neo-soul, rnb, and contemporary pop, but also has potential for Opera! His voice is quite loud and booming, but in a authoritative and commanding serious overtone.

I would have to look at Aretha Franklin’s, Tony Bennette’s, Michael Buble’s, Stevie Wonder’s, Lara Fabian’s, and Whitney Houston’s charts more later on. i havent really looked into them as well haha.

I’ll use mine as for one last example. I have Mercury and Venus in Scorpio. Moon in Aquarius, Jupiter Pisces. Mars Virgo. People have commented how round and wholesome my voice is. They also have said that it sounds mature, has a deep and dark tone to it. Mercury in the 11th, Venus is in the 10th. jupiter is in between 2nd and 3rd. I sound like a Mezzo soprano but I can smetimes sing like an alto, but is mostly a soprano. I talk softly though, almost in a shy slow manner. Its funny and frustrating because I can sound too melodic sometimes, that when I’m trying to sound angry and project my voice more.. it still sounds like I’m singing. My family and my friends have teased me about this a lot, and is still doing it :(. Mercury is Trine my jupiter in Pisces, so it explains some factors there. I have an airy, haunting, and foggy like quality to my singing sometimes, which I think is a piscean trait. Mercury is conjunct chiron in Scorpio, which could explain why I sound really wounded and emotional, and often write a lot about my pain lol. Venus is opposite my Saturn, and the comment about Venus-Saturn aspects having control in voice could also be true. I’ve been trying to develop control over my voice to incorporate my artistry and musicality to it. But honestly, I dont have any Taurus or Gemini or Libra actual placements so for a long I doubted my own chart and its connection to me with music and voice. I only have my jupiter Pisces 2nd house trining mercury supporting that lmao. And probably my Neptune in 1st house, but yeah, I was thinking it should be more of Mercury, Venus aspects. 2nd house and 5th house.

Somna7H

Banned
I have Venus Conjunct Moon and Mercury Conjunct Rahu in 2nd House. Some like my sweet voice and rest hate my voice. It's dual due to two different types of planetary combination in same house.

Gemini888

I have Venus Conjunct Moon and Mercury Conjunct Rahu in 2nd House. Some like my sweet voice and rest hate my voice. It's dual due to two different types of planetary combination in same house.
Same here :joyful: Though my Venus is unaspected and in Taurus in 1H.

duilwen

I have Venus in Sag and Mercury in Aquarious in sextile and have been told many times that I have a very nice sounding voice. I can also sing as well.

From what I have observed, people who have Venus Trine, Sextile, or conjunction to Mercury usually have what would be considered very pleasing sounding voices, which could also carry over to singing
of course.:smile:
Vista

Can confirm as a person with same placements in sextile :smile: I have a very deep voice and used to do announcing in school events or oral readings at class.
I can sing too as an alto. I have been told that it's very "womanly" voice which that doesn't match with my young looking appearance.

Wiiegiest

A female friend and I are often describes as having "sexy voices." Both of us have our venus in Taurus (which rules the throat and neck)

Has anyone else found connections between vocal quality and astrology?

I'm a late bloomer singer. My voice color when speak or singing is very much like a Korean singer, IU, sweet high pitched. My voice range from G2 to A6 but I can hit till C7 with a bit strain.

I have Taurus Ascendant, 12th house (hidden things) Taurus Mercury and Aries Saturn, 1st house (self) Taurus Sun and Gemini Venus, 3rd house (communication/voice) Leo Moon, 5th house (self expression) Virgo Mars Vertex and NN, 6th house (service) Libra Chiron, 7th house (relations) Sagittarius Pluto, 9th house (expansion) Capricorn Neptune conjunct MC, 10th (public image) house Aquarius Uranus and Jupiter (Uranus conjunct MC). 11th house (networking) Pisces Anti-Vertex and SN.

I have mystic rectangle consisting Venus-Moon-Pluto-Neptune/Uranus, Mercury semi sextile (12th Harmonic, artistic) Venus. Dominant planets: Venus, Uranus/Neptune, Moon. Dominant signs: Taurus, Aquarius, Pisces. Mutual reception between Mercury-Venus. Please note, mutual reception won't be considered as one if the two planets aren't aspecting each other.

Idk if any of you familiar with golden aspects. But I have Mercury(0.09°)-Sun(22.21°) golden aspect. Here if you want to try, use 2.5 to 3 orbs:
14 Φ-angles: 21,25° | 34,38° | 42,49° | 47,51° | 55,62° | 68,75° | 84,98° | 111,25° | 124,38° | 132,49° | 137,51° | 145,62° | 158,75° | 174,98°

I wonder why's my voice really sounds like IU, it's like voice doppleganger (?) lol. But my vocal technic is different from her, she's a bit sloppy imo or maybe it's just her style. IU has Sun-Merc conjunction in Taurus, exact, Pisces Moon, Aries Venus, Leo Mars. She also has alot of musical asteroids conjunct to her personal planets. Well, I also have Taurus Pisces Aries and Leo placements, asteroid Cyllarus (artistic) conjunct Ascendant, Asteroid Siren conjunct NN. Rather than musical asteroids, I have many of Venus counterpart asteroids conjunction like Ishtar conjunct Ascendant, Astarte and Freia conjunct Descendant. Oh and Anti-Vertex is like a second Ascendant, so I guess this is why I related to Pisces description alot, or maybe it's just my Neptune-MC conjunction.

About the late bloomer thing, it's 12th house doing. I also have Mercury-Moon-Chiron-Neptune grand cross which may makes me struggle to find my voice.

Oh, two of my baby nephews have Gemini Mercury. Their voice is like a rockstar, I have a headache if they're crying. And I think I read somewhere about Mercury-Pluto aspects which makes singer's songs/voice remembered even if the singer is no longer alive. Mercury contacting any outer planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) will give spice in one's voice.

Last edited: