Do you see pancreatitis in my chart?

sethi

Hello everyone,

I was sick for the last 2 months, sickness started on 30th of may in the morning. stayed in ICU for 5 days.

There was just pain in my upper stomach but so much that I could not move and only moan, it had debilitated me.I couldn't even get up to drink water. Went to the hospital where they were finally able to diagnose that I had pancreatitis.

We changed 3 hospitals until I could get a bed in ICU. The pancreas was swollen with water in my lungs, water in my stomach and lipase and amylase around 1000. Two stones in my gall bladder along with sludge.

Anyways I was on leave for more than a month, to cut the story short. Even when I started attending office, my doctor was not very happy about it, and had warned me.

What I wanted to know is that if any body can tell which planets action could have been the cause of so much pain ( I thought that I was going to meet my maker).

Thanks in advance for any help in this regards
My chart : http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/album.php?albumid=795&pictureid=3915

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

Hello Sethi,

We have a Sagittarius rising here! Of what my studies have taught me about this sign is that they are prone to suffer from either being over weight or digestion issue specifically Pancreatitis. When trying to ascertain if a subject is prone to suffer from Pancreatitis, I would look at both Sagittarius and Pisces (formerly ruled by Jupiter), sign wise and Jupiter planet wise. Your ruling planet is Jupiter which happens to be in its detriment sign of Gemini. Jupiter is weakened here as a result.

Secondly, your chart is indicative that it is aspected by nothing but hard aspects from all but Venus (semi-square) and Mercury (no aspect at all). Do you have a tendency to drink a lot? Perhaps excessively over eat? If so, I would recommend to control the diet and ease off of the booze. I know how painful stomach issues are, I suffer from them too.

Hope you are better now.

The Saturnian

sethi

No I don't drink at all only smoke about half pack per day or at least that is what I used to do , now only 2 cigarettes only.

The ct scan showed the suspicion of a small stone lodged in the opening of the pancreas which is the point where both the ducts of gall bladder and pancreas meet.

right now there are two stones 14 mm and 11 mm

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

Do you eat lots of rich oily foods? It's a start that you have reduced your nicotine/tar intake to 2 cigarettes/day. Have you tried patches? I have a technique to quit smoking and it helped me (this is coming from someone who smoked 20-30 a day, 7 days a week). All I did was I firstly reduced the strength of the cigarettes to something like Silk Cut purple, the silver (which is practically air for a smoker!) and then over about 12 weeks I reduced the number/day. Eventually I started the patches and reduces the patches strength every 3 months. I know it sounds costly and tedious, but believe you me it helps significantly in the long run. After about using the patches for nearly 9 months, I switched to the gum. Again, employing the same strategy by reducing the number of pieces per day and subsequently the strength of the pieces. By this time your will power will be sky high. Next start chewing your first piece at 8am for a week, then delay to 9am the following week, then 10, then 11 and so on so forth. Before you realise you will be able to manage the pain in your head and eventually you break the habit. I use to smoke with my dad who still smokes in front of me and now I no longer get any temptations. Haven't had one pull since 14/03/2009. Trick to doing it is to stay in a smoke-free environment and company.

Sorry for the lecture, if I bragged on a bit there. I'm not an expert with medicine, but I'm sure laser should be able to disintegrate the stones.

Coming back to the astrological impact of things, I forgot to make mention of the Sun and Mars in particular. Their squares to Jupiter could mean that your vitality (Sun) and energy/protection/strength (Mars) are weakened with things related to Jupiter (i.e. in this instance Pancreatitis). In my opinion this could have attributed to the likelihood of this condition occurring.

Marinka

From a quick glance of your chart --

- Transiting Saturn moved into the 12th house at 7 Scorpio back in Dec 2012 and recently moved out (May 2013) and will go back again in September of this year. 12th house being hospitalizations and Saturn being restrictions thus, I think this coincides with your hospitalization. There are probably factors that still need to be addressed as Saturn moves back into the 12th house in September - maybe having something to do with the stones (?) that were seen in the images. You might also think back to December of 2012 and see if there were health symptoms at that time as that might give you a clue as to what outward cause might have occurred or, maybe there was no outward cause and it just happened.

- Your Jupiter is at 21 Gemini and rules the first house (placed in 7th). Transiting Jupiter recently (May 2013) passed over this position in the 7th. While transiting Jupiter is normally seen as advantageous, it can cause excesses which it appears to have done in this case. Since it rules your first house, this impacted you directly.

I just went back and read your question about what caused the pain .. I suspect that you may have had an early warning of this situation back in December of 2012 and maybe because the pain was transient, it was ignored. If on the first pass of Saturn, things are not taken care of, Saturn tends to make us sit up and take notice on the next pass. I'd be curious to know whether there was any pain late last year ....

This is highlighting just two transiting configurations - there are more and as such, you might want to spend time investigating these yourself.

Last edited:

sethi

Do you eat lots of rich oily foods? It's a start that you have reduced your nicotine/tar intake to 2 cigarettes/day. Have you tried patches? I have a technique to quit smoking and it helped me (this is coming from someone who smoked 20-30 a day, 7 days a week). All I did was I firstly reduced the strength of the cigarettes to something like Silk Cut purple, the silver (which is practically air for a smoker!) and then over about 12 weeks I reduced the number/day. Eventually I started the patches and reduces the patches strength every 3 months. I know it sounds costly and tedious, but believe you me it helps significantly in the long run. After about using the patches for nearly 9 months, I switched to the gum. Again, employing the same strategy by reducing the number of pieces per day and subsequently the strength of the pieces. By this time your will power will be sky high. Next start chewing your first piece at 8am for a week, then delay to 9am the following week, then 10, then 11 and so on so forth. Before you realise you will be able to manage the pain in your head and eventually you break the habit. I use to smoke with my dad who still smokes in front of me and now I no longer get any temptations. Haven't had one pull since 14/03/2009. Trick to doing it is to stay in a smoke-free environment and company.

Sorry for the lecture, if I bragged on a bit there. I'm not an expert with medicine, but I'm sure laser should be able to disintegrate the stones.

Coming back to the astrological impact of things, I forgot to make mention of the Sun and Mars in particular. Their squares to Jupiter could mean that your vitality (Sun) and energy/protection/strength (Mars) are weakened with things related to Jupiter (i.e. in this instance Pancreatitis). In my opinion this could have attributed to the likelihood of this condition occurring.

I don't usually eat a lot of oily food. Even before my pancreatitis I tried to avoid oily foods. I liked to eat eggs.

I stayed cigarette free for one month nearly and then started again 3-4 cigarettes LM brand (blue colour light).
I am usually a hard worker but it is true that my vitality has gone down over the years.
The strange thing is that now at 47 years of age, I feel young, I mean that I don't really feel more than 33 to 35 years old , but now my body has started to betray me.

During my 30's, I used to feel very old and I had a lot of responsibilities on my shoulders.

Why do I feel young? your guess is as good as mine. But I do feel young and I don't feel my age at all usually.

My lipid profile on 1st june was

Total lipids 772
Cholesterol 210
Triglicerides 172
HDL 38
LDL 135
VLDL 37

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

Well that is great to hear that you kept a health diet previously. That in itself should be a blessing in disguise to a gradual improvement in health. I wonder if this youthful feeling you are currently experiencing has something to do with a progression? On that note, you are currently going through your solar progression year from Aries into Taurus, so you will definitely have a 5th house change

waybread

Hi Sethi-- sorry about your health problems!

I can't read the small type on your chart. Saving it at 75% and then attaching it as a thumbnail may work better.

The pancreas is ruled by the moon. The moon and possibly Neptune would be involved in a lot of bodily fluids. Inflammation is typically a Mars matter. The gall bladder is ruled by Saturn.

You've got quite the "see-saw" chart, with your moon conjunct some planetary heavies, and opposed by Saturn and Mars. It is also involved in a T-square with Jupiter-- as has been pointed out, it can be a planet of excess.

With this type of chart, I think you have always been vulnerable to illnesses involving the moon-ruled organs like the pancreas, stomach, or breasts. You seem to be describing a moon-Saturn illness.

It looks like your transits and progressions are for 2011. Could you repost them for the date of your illness onset?

Last edited:

sethi

chart with transits of the date of the pancreatitis attack attached.

Attachments

• Copy sethi.jpg
    Copy sethi.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 42

sethi

From a quick glance of your chart --

- Transiting Saturn moved into the 12th house at 7 Scorpio back in Dec 2012 and recently moved out (May 2013) and will go back again in September of this year. 12th house being hospitalizations and Saturn being restrictions thus, I think this coincides with your hospitalization. There are probably factors that still need to be addressed as Saturn moves back into the 12th house in September - maybe having something to do with the stones (?) that were seen in the images. You might also think back to December of 2012 and see if there were health symptoms at that time as that might give you a clue as to what outward cause might have occurred or, maybe there was no outward cause and it just happened.

- Your Jupiter is at 21 Gemini and rules the first house (placed in 7th). Transiting Jupiter recently (May 2013) passed over this position in the 7th. While transiting Jupiter is normally seen as advantageous, it can cause excesses which it appears to have done in this case. Since it rules your first house, this impacted you directly.

I just went back and read your question about what caused the pain .. I suspect that you may have had an early warning of this situation back in December of 2012 and maybe because the pain was transient, it was ignored. If on the first pass of Saturn, things are not taken care of, Saturn tends to make us sit up and take notice on the next pass. I'd be curious to know whether there was any pain late last year ....

This is highlighting just two transiting configurations - there are more and as such, you might want to spend time investigating these yourself.

Hello Marinka,

In december 2012 I had pain in the area of my liver and I thought that it was just indigestion . then again in February 2013 I had pain and fever and I was treated by the doctor for 14 days for typhoid as this was suspected. No blood test was taken so the actual problem was not diagnosed.

I have a program for travelling with my family (wife and 3 kids ) for outing purpose on a hilly station. the travelling will be 8 hours driving one way. the month chosen by my family is September . Can you advise anything in this regard?

And thanks

Marinka

I have a program for travelling with my family (wife and 3 kids ) for outing purpose on a hilly station. the travelling will be 8 hours driving one way. the month chosen by my family is September . Can you advise anything in this regard?

And thanks

Jupiter has already moved into the 8th house and this likely concurred with the hospitalization. It is not making further contacts while it is passing thru this house but, it's presence in the house could indicate the need for surgery or further investigation in this matter.

Saturn moves back into the 12th house in September and then will settle in and stay for a bit. An incident may occur (or may not) while Saturn is making this final move into the 12th house. Saturn will conjunct natal Neptune in the 12th house around January of 2014 with an inc angle to Jupiter. I suspect that this issue might be revisited at that time.

From your question, I'm not sure how far you would be from a hospital - would it be an 8 hour drive? I suggest that you discuss this trip with the doctor on this case as he/she is the medical professional and can provide the best advice. As they still have not resolved all the issues as it appears (you mentioned in an earlier post) that there are two stones lodged between the gall bladder and the pancreas they might want to make sure that you are able to get to a hospital quickly.

waybread

Sethi, it is a courtesy to thank people who take the trouble to read your chart, even if they don't offer precisely the answer you wanted.

Most medical problems, unless there is a sudden onset as in an accident, take a while to build up. Even a heart attack may have been preceded by hardening of and blockages in the arteries, for example. I am looking at Chiron transiting your fourth house. We can't exactly conflate the moon, Cancer, and the fourth-- except in medical astrology where there is generally more of an overlap.

Chiron is the Big Ouch of the zodiac. Metaphorically it is the wound that ultimately confers wisdom, but I think its transits correspond with actual health crises at times.

I think the Saturnian is correct that you may want to rexamine your diet. Some people don't eat a lot of saturated fats, yet their bodies naturally produce more cholesterol than their doctors see as healthy. You just had a Jupiter return, and your natal chart has a Thor's hammer pointing to Venus-- these planets can both indicate some sort of excess. If not fat, perhaps sugar.

In any event, it won't hurt you to go on a diet of mostly fresh fruits and vegetables, plus a lot of water to flush out your system.

I agree with Marinka about the 12th house and hospitalization. Neptune natally in the 12th can suggest a propensity for hospitalization.

I hope your symptoms ease up soon.

sethi

I have already given my test report results of my lipids as on first june.

I don't think that I have a propensity for generating cholesterol at all.Before the test, I was eating 2-3 eggs daily along with sometimes cream also.

Also I was eating 12-13 almonds in the morning during travelling to work (about 45 km one way or 1 hour). I had also started exercising (light weight lifting) almost every day for the last 15 days also for 45 minutes or more. So most probably my exercising plus eating almonds may have controlled my cholesterol to manageable levels.

And chances are that due to the stones in the gall bladder, and their passing through the ducts (which pancreas shares) caused my pancreas to enlarge in the first instance.

I have started eating a herbal remedy for my liver currently. The basic idea is that the liver (due to some problem) started producing a different type of bile which on concentration (in the gall bladder) also formed sludge / stones.
So this herbal remedy is for my liver and I hope that once it is a bit better, it will start producing the proper type of bile which does not form stones on concentration.

This is the same remedy I gave to my sister when she had been diagnosed with cholesterol level of 290. In one month it went down to 245. The doctor was shocked as my sisters weight remained nearly the same. The next month it went down to 215.
And now it hovers around this level as my sister stopped using the medicine. She is diabetic and also has kidney problems.

So I am praying that using this remedy will also remove my stones in my gall bladder otherwise it will have to be operated upon for removal.

Right now i am tense about my tour in september. My doctor says that as long as there is no pain, you can do anything. I have started lifting weights but light weights only. One day on and 2 days off. 2 sets dumbell press on a bench in my room only and one set of curls.
The first day of my benching, I had a slight pain in my upper epigastric region, and i became quite afraid and I quitely laid down and went to sleep. It could have been my pancreas or my gall bladder. I am not doing any stomach crunches in the fear that it may force the stones into the bile duct or block the flow from my pancreas.

what else can i do? My body was wasting right before my eyes as basically i am a very hard gainer so thats why i started lifting weights. Even though i am overweight now, but the weight is on my stomach and my hips. My upper body is relatively thin now especially more so because of my diet too. The weight which i lost was in my upper portion mostly. My vertebra and my cervical bones have started popping / creaking as i don't think that my body is digesting calcium (i have been diagnosed with osteopenia and cervical spondolysis).

so this is the whole situation

waybread

Hi Sethi-- Thanks for the infill. I did some reading up on pancreatitis today, and it appears that in about 1/3 of the cases, doctors don't really know what causes it.

Astrologically, however, I would look at your big 4th house (pancreas) 10th house (gall bladder) oppositions, with the moon and Saturn involved. Chiron entering your 4th house may have triggered your attack. (Lilith is also a spoiler-- you might check out her position.)

I don't know where this leads you. Some astrologers believe that illnesses, when viewed in terms of planetary placements, suggest planetary energies we haven't fully addressed or processed. The moon is also one's mother; and the fourth house, one's home and early childhood conditioning. Just possibly, you had a difficult childhood that you haven't fully processed emotionally; yet with overall benefits to your health if you could release the difficulties of the past.

Personally I am less sure that mind over body always works in this fashion.

Jupiter involved in a T-square, and Venus as the tip of a Thor's Hammer foundation might suggest some kind of indulgence-- with Jupiter ruling the liver, I am glad your herbal preparation is helpful. Fats or sugars would be most commonly implicated with these two, respectively.

You mentioned that you don't drink, and your chart doesn't look like an alcoholic's!

sethi

Jupiter has already moved into the 8th house and this likely concurred with the hospitalization. It is not making further contacts while it is passing thru this house but, it's presence in the house could indicate the need for surgery or further investigation in this matter.

Saturn moves back into the 12th house in September and then will settle in and stay for a bit. An incident may occur (or may not) while Saturn is making this final move into the 12th house. Saturn will conjunct natal Neptune in the 12th house around January of 2014 with an inc angle to Jupiter. I suspect that this issue might be revisited at that time.

From your question, I'm not sure how far you would be from a hospital - would it be an 8 hour drive? I suggest that you discuss this trip with the doctor on this case as he/she is the medical professional and can provide the best advice. As they still have not resolved all the issues as it appears (you mentioned in an earlier post) that there are two stones lodged between the gall bladder and the pancreas they might want to make sure that you are able to get to a hospital quickly.

During my trip, I would be passing through numerous small cities and obviously hospital would be available nearly in all of them. But the problem is that I won't be able to stay there in case of any emergency, but I would have to come back.

sethi

Just something new.

A few days back while travelling, I felt that as if there was something stuck inside my upper right stomach. I than drank water without any relief. Then I drank a few drops of Bulberis Vulgaris mother tincture, and after about a minute I felt if the stuck stone (or whatever) moved (scraping) and just fell (in my stomach).

So most probably it was some stone in my bile duct which went down in my stomach after using the homeopathic remedy.

Berberis Vulgaris is also known as the "great bile disolver" and its use usually dulls the pain of a stone in your kidney and now my new discovery of its other properties also

poyi

Premium Member
chart with transits of the date of the pancreatitis attack attached.

Thank you for sharing your stories and update your information. I try to learn more through your chart about medical astrology.

You already had got quite a lot of help from few members here. I would like to comment on the day you had the pancreatitis attack you may already noticed these points. Ignored if I repeating any point.

Transit Mars conjunct natal North node
Transit Pluto was approaching effective orb as conjunction to the progressed AC while transit Saturn in Scorpio was moving toward 12th house

Jupiter had only completed his return to your natal position, moving toward 8th house. The natal position of Jupiter exact quincunx Neptune in the 12th, square Chiron, 2 orb square to Saturn in Pisces. Before Jupiter transit completing his return, he was exact square to Pluto at one stage, and exact square to Uranus as well. This attack in fact was a build up over a period of time as you can see yourself here. The Jupiter return triggered the natal T-square, as it passing through it hit multiples points. During June, July Jupiter in Cancer conjunction Lilith in your 8th house.

Though Jupiter in Cancer normally seen as fortune sign to be at, your progressed Moon however in Gemini which is the detriment of Jupiter. We look further and see progressed Mars in Taurus which is the detriment of Mars, looking further down, Venus the ruler of progressed Taurus Mars and Sun, in Pisces but conjunct natal Saturn and approaching closer orb to natal Chiron in 4th.

I always look at eclipse when major illness happened as learned from my own personal experience. In this case, in 20-21st May 2012, Solar Eclipse 00 degrees 21' Gemini it was in 2 orbs to your natal North node, at the same time, your progressed Moon was at 27 degrees Taurus 39' approximate since the exact time of eclipse was at 23:52 GMT time. Personally, this is a very slow build up across quite a period of time. And I highly suspected it was back in last year when this solar eclipse hit the spot.

That also leaded me to see the Progressed Moon was in fact conjunct transit south node, transit north node was at 5 degrees 2' Sagittarius. Transit North node was making reverse up side down opposition to your natal North node. If you draw up Natal, Transit and Progression chart on 20th or 21st of May you will see what I am describing above.

And to state the obvious, Sagittarius rising with Jupiter in Gemini, quincunx Neptune, being the leg of multiple t-square and more is a very clear high risk chart for liver and pancreatic problems. I think, from now on you could consider to draw Jupiter return chart luckily Jupiter only return every 12 years or so. So could even look back what happened 12 years earlier.

dr. farr

Yes, we used Berberis vulgaris extensively in homeopathy for biliary related problems: combining Berberis with Dioscorea villos (Wild Yam Root) Chelidonium majus (Greater Celandine) I have saved over a dozen people from having to have gall bladder surgery, including a couple cases which were within 2 days of having surgery!
The common name for Berberis vulgaris is Barberry Root: it is a non-toxic and easily available botanical remedy-best form is in the tincture (or as a homeopathic attenuation up to the 3x dilution)...

sethi

Thank you for sharing your stories and update your information. I try to learn more through your chart about medical astrology.

Y
Jupiter had only completed his return to your natal position, moving toward 8th house. The natal position of Jupiter exact quincunx Neptune in the 12th, square Chiron, 2 orb square to Saturn in Pisces. Before Jupiter transit completing his return, he was exact square to Pluto at one stage, and exact square to Uranus as well. This attack in fact was a build up over a period of time as you can see yourself here. The Jupiter return triggered the natal T-square, as it passing through it hit multiples points. During June, July Jupiter in Cancer conjunction Lilith in your 8th house.

Though Jupiter in Cancer normally seen as fortune sign to be at, your progressed Moon however in Gemini which is the detriment of Jupiter. We look further and see progressed Mars in Taurus which is the detriment of Mars, looking further down, Venus the ruler of progressed Taurus Mars and Sun, in Pisces but conjunct natal Saturn and approaching closer orb to natal Chiron in 4th.

And to state the obvious, Sagittarius rising with Jupiter in Gemini, quincunx Neptune, being the leg of multiple t-square and more is a very clear high risk chart for liver and pancreatic problems. I think, from now on you could consider to draw Jupiter return chart luckily Jupiter only return every 12 years or so. So could even look back what happened 12 years earlier.

Okay, I had a Cervical Spondylosis attack (a heart attack) exactly on August 18, 2003. I thought I was going to die. But as I was born in 1966, so actually I was 37 years old at the time.

My natal jupiter is in Gemini in the 7th at 22 degrees. And on 18th August 2003, jupiter was in 2 degrees leo, sun in 24 leo, moon in 2 deg taurus, mercury in 21 degrees virgo, venus in 24 degrees leo, mars in 7 degrees pisces.

Now this pancreatitis attack happened on 30th may and the stars details are

sun in gemini 7 , moon 15 aquarius, mercury in 24 gemini, venus 26 gemini,
mars 28 degrees taurus,jupiter 23 degrees gemini and saturn in 6 degrees scorpio RX.

How can the two incidents be matched.

Mo 18 21:43:48 24LE40 02TA33 21VI45 24LE27 07PI45 27LE57

poyi

Premium Member
Okay, I had a Cervical Spondylosis attack (a heart attack) exactly on August 18, 2003. I thought I was going to die. But as I was born in 1966, so actually I was 37 years old at the time.

My natal jupiter is in Gemini in the 7th at 22 degrees. And on 18th August 2003, jupiter was in 2 degrees leo, sun in 24 leo, moon in 2 deg taurus, mercury in 21 degrees virgo, venus in 24 degrees leo, mars in 7 degrees pisces.

Now this pancreatitis attack happened on 30th may and the stars details are

sun in gemini 7 , moon 15 aquarius, mercury in 24 gemini, venus 26 gemini,
mars 28 degrees taurus,jupiter 23 degrees gemini and saturn in 6 degrees scorpio RX.

How can the two incidents be matched.

Mo 18 21:43:48 24LE40 02TA33 21VI45 24LE27 07PI45 27LE57

Cervical Spondylosis attack? That is not heart attack.....

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000436.htm
http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/guide/cervical-osteoarthritis-cervical-spondylosis