Mars-Pluto aspects in your chart? Experiences?

I have been reading about these two planets and the violent havoc they have caused in people's lives.

Bruce Lee had a Mars-Pluto square and channeled the energy into a martial arts practice, but was eventually murdered.

I have a semi-sextile between Mars and Pluto, and have not experienced some of the harsher things, but do find that martial arts practice, meditation and long walks are very helpful in balancing these energies.

What are your experiences with these planets?

What is the karma behind it?

dowhanawi

Well sextile is going to have a very different effect then square. Also house, sign etc.

For example my Pluto is opposed my mars. But that's not the whole story.

My Pluto is in my 3rd house, Libra.
My mars is in my 9th house Aries, but conjunct: Jupiter, MC & Chiron(in 10th) so that plays into the relationship to, a lot.

My temper is quick, firery, but at 40 I no longer lash out verbally at family and friends. I let it go quickly. People are drawn to be sexually more then emotionally or intellectually. It has had effects on how I see myself. And they just aren't compatible or what I want (cancer Venus).
I am demanding but fair and usually right (lol, but I am). I can handle demanding in others but only if they are fair and correct. Other wise I kinda flare up pretty good lol. I am aggressive in physical matters (not fighting).

There is so much more. Trying to pull out the things affected just by two parts of this aspect which for me is loaded is difficult. Plus some is more personal.

I look at sometime a long time. Write down everything I know about each part that is effected (aspect, house, sign, conjunct anything, ruler ship). Then I see how they fit and interact. Sort if like "if all these people were together chatting, what topics would come up, and what wouldn't.

Well sextile is going to have a very different effect then square. Also house, sign etc.

For example my Pluto is opposed my mars. But that's not the whole story.

My Pluto is in my 3rd house, Libra.
My mars is in my 9th house Aries, but conjunct: Jupiter, MC & Chiron(in 10th) so that plays into the relationship to, a lot.

My temper is quick, firery, but at 40 I no longer lash out verbally at family and friends. I let it go quickly. People are drawn to be sexually more then emotionally or intellectually. It has had effects on how I see myself. And they just aren't compatible or what I want (cancer Venus).
I am demanding but fair and usually right (lol, but I am). I can handle demanding in others but only if they are fair and correct. Other wise I kinda flare up pretty good lol. I am aggressive in physical matters (not fighting).

There is so much more. Trying to pull out the things affected just by two parts of this aspect which for me is loaded is difficult. Plus some is more personal.

I look at sometime a long time. Write down everything I know about each part that is effected (aspect, house, sign, conjunct anything, ruler ship). Then I see how they fit and interact. Sort if like "if all these people were together chatting, what topics would come up, and what wouldn't.

Interesting points. Yes, the other elements are very important too.

I have Mars in the 8th in Leo and Pluto in the 9th in Virgo. I am not super fiery but can anger in a self-righteous, entitled way, and it is very possible to rage but it has to be an extreme situation.

It's not an energy that feels good and and I think that has something to do with the 8th house.

I've heard that Mars-Pluto-Saturn is the most dangerous combo

Pokerlulz

I have Mars in the 8th in Leo and Pluto in the 9th in Virgo. I am not super fiery but can anger in a self-righteous, entitled way, and it is very possible to rage but it has to be an extreme situation.

It's not an energy that feels good and and I think that has something to do with the 8th house.

Newbie here, may I know why you stated that Mars-Pluto-Saturn is a dangerous combo? (and what do you mean by mar-pluto-saturn as a combination :pinched:)

dowhanawi

What is the orb? Because sextile is 60° with an orb no greater then 5° (should be closer), which means they shouldn't be neighbours. Just a mars in Leo, a pluto in Virgo. These two shouldn't pay each other much attention.

Anyway sextile is an easy aspect, it makes signs relate rather well. I wouldn't expect anything fiery, self indulgent, maybe judgemental. But down to earth, realistic, loyal, maybe some risk taking. Physically attractive. Firey would be from some other part of your chart I think.

But opposition and square have very different results then conjunct, trine or sextile. So if you are looking at celebraty charts and comparing to yours don't compare a square to a trine etc. And watch your orbs. Computer generated charts can be to generous with their orbs so check yourself. Especially with a sextile as they are only 60°

Relatively new to astrology as well.

I have posted my chart.

What can you see as to the Pluto-Mars aspects?

Thanx.

Attachments

• GC chart.gif
    GC chart.gif
    49.6 KB · Views: 58

katydid

I don't see any Mars/Pluto problems. Mars/Neptune is possibly an issue though. Mars tightly applying to a square from the 9th to the 12th, Leo to Scorpio. That can indicate a very inspired and passionate person with a lot of plans and ideas. But the square leads to challenges stemming from a lack of preparation, perhaps a smudge of stubbornness or obstinacy? I guess there is a hint of Mars/pluto since the Neptune is in Scorpio. But I think that brings in the love of Scorponic bad habits..:devil:

You have the very nice sextile from the Mars to Sun/Mercury in Libra. So that would probably make one more cooperative and compliant than the Mars in leo square denotes. :innocent:

I don't see any Mars/Pluto problems. Mars/Neptune is possibly an issue though. Mars tightly applying to a square from the 9th to the 12th, Leo to Scorpio. That can indicate a very inspired and passionate person with a lot of plans and ideas. But the square leads to challenges stemming from a lack of preparation, perhaps a smudge of stubbornness or obstinacy? I guess there is a hint of Mars/pluto since the Neptune is in Scorpio. But I think that brings in the love of Scorponic bad habits..:devil:

You have the very nice sextile from the Mars to Sun/Mercury in Libra. So that would probably make one more cooperative and compliant than the Mars in leo square denotes. :innocent:

Thanks for the feedback. Fascinated at the things people see in a chart. Soaking it up like a sponge.

Curious, what do yo mean by "Scorpionic bad habits"? You might be right, btw.

katydid

Define 'scorpionic bad habits' ? LOL< we can probably do a thread on just those alone.

Scorpio rules 'desire.' Desires run deep. Scorpio desires are often sexual, hedonistic, a tad 'immoral' at times. But with the square to Neptune added into the mix, one can add in drugs, alcohol, wild parties ...:whistling:

I want to say I'm past all that, more higher minded, mystical yearnings, but anything is possible, like perhaps merging these worlds.

Dionysus |ˌdīəˈnisəs| Greek Mythology
a Greek god, son of Zeus and Semele. He was originally a god of the fertility of nature, associated with wild and ecstatic religious rites; in later traditions he is a god of wine who loosens inhibitions and inspires creativity in music and poetry. Also called Bacchus.

Hephaistos

have a conjunction of mars and pluto on my asc. square to ic / mc axis.

(07.09.1976 08:25 Hamburg GER)

in German i was from the "kriegsenkel" (In English like: War-Grandchild)
generation, that generation who is born from a mother they Do as a Child the experience of the WW2 and comes from a Bad or Dysfunctional Family.

mean inherited trauma's ... thats it, in my Chart.

the most thing i ever hatet is german mentality i wish anyone put hydrogen bombs like the b53 to german city's. i hate them so much.

in body I'm strong yes, but dont looks so, a loner.

mars pluto transits like the square of pluto to mars, are relaxing.

Last edited:

Kali

You'll hear very bad things about Pluto/Mars (murderers, sex offenders, etc.) but remember that astrology is a whole chart thing. I have a tight Pluto/Mars square and I've neither killed nor raped anyone...still alive, too. But neither of those planets behave normally in astrological terms. My Pluto is retrograde, which causes more inward reflection than an externally oriented lust for power and control. My Mars is, too, and it's out of bounds, also. Again, internally oriented, but quirky. Usually, Pluto/Mars gives a physical prowess, intensity, and fortitude, but remember, both planets are Rx, which turns the energy inward. For me, I really need physical activity, but it's a solo thing. Weight lifting, yoga, kayaking, etc., never anything involving teams or large groups of people. But it's also meditation and contemplation because I require both the physical and the quiet to keep me going. I also do energy work for others, clearing of blockages and healing. I think this is also a manifestation of the Pluto/Mars energy. Balancing someone else's energy field is a physical thing, but it's completely hidden. And it's as much about personally going inward, because I have to channel the energy through my own body, before I can pour that energy into the other person.

jamiethebean

Define 'scorpionic bad habits' ? LOL< we can probably do a thread on just those alone.

Scorpio rules 'desire.' Desires run deep. Scorpio desires are often sexual, hedonistic, a tad 'immoral' at times. But with the square to Neptune added into the mix, one can add in drugs, alcohol, wild parties ...:whistling:

So would a Pluto sextile to Neptune mean enjoying these parties...😁😜

Cassiopeia

My Mars (Leo) quintiles Pluto (Libra)
Pluto (Libra) conjuncts Saturn (Scorpio)
Mars rules my 7th and my 8th house.

I have a quick temper and I am impulsive. If I don't control it I could say very harsh words. But I learnt to control it. It's an energy that feels very good for me if re-directed. If I don't do anything about it, it turns into a negative one and it consumes me. I found help in music, sports, long walks and writing.

I don't know what to say about the karma behind it, but I hurt a few dear people in the past and I had to reconsider my reactions and work on my emotional empathy. Luckily my Virgo Sun/ Moon/ Mercury helped me learning the balanced way :happy:

DrummerGirl

I've got this aspect in a synastry with someone my pluto opposes his mars 1st-7th house axis. How does this play out in a relationship? Should I be concerned? Here's our synastry chart for your convenience.

Attachments

• astro_61gw_43_01_anonymous_anonymous_hk.50216.10550.jpg
    astro_61gw_43_01_anonymous_anonymous_hk.50216.10550.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited: