Rectifying charts of unknown birth time: Solar Arcs, Progressions?

soratothamax

I have been studying astrology for going on 10 years, which I know is a newborn in comparison to most. XD

I'm interested now in moving on from the basics. And I thought I would try my hand at chart rectification, just learn it and understand it.

I thought I would try one historical figure, someone from the 1930s. I don't have an actual birth time for them, but there is a book published about their life, though.

I've been reading up online about rectification and obviously there are various methods. Mostly, I've seen Solar arcs, Progressions, and Transits. One I even saw Solar and Lunar Return methods.

But some say Solar arcs and Progressions aren't a good method if the birth time is completely unknown and that Transit is the only one that works.

I've also heard the same about Solar and Lunar Return but I'm not certain.

I wanted to get various opinions, which method should be used without a birth time? I know neither method will be exact, but with 12 important events, I think I can at least connect the dots.

Last edited:

tikana

I have been studying astrology for going on 10 years, which I know is a newborn in comparison to most. XD

I'm interested now in moving on from the basics. And I thought I would try my hand at chart rectification, just learn it and understand it.

I thought I would try one historical figure, someone from the 1930s. I don't have an actual birth time for them, but there is a book published about their life, though.

I've been reading up online about rectification and obviously there are various methods. Mostly, I've seen Solar arcs, Progressions, and Transits. One I even saw Solar and Lunar Return methods.

But some say Solar arcs and Progressions aren't a good method if the birth time is completely unknown and that Transit is the only one that works.

I wanted to get various opinions, which method should be used without a birth time? I know neither method will be exact, but with 12 important events, I think I can at least connect the dots.

i have rectified charts using progressed charts.. pay attention to the moon since she moves 15 deg every day.. The closest i have gotten was 2 mins off
i verified my calculations with Solar and lunar returns and solar arcs.
when a chart work, it works!
you can throw a horary on top to see if your calculations are correct

T

JUPITERASC

I'm interested now in moving on from the basics.
And I thought I would try my hand at chart rectification, just learn it and understand it.

I thought I would try one historical figure, someone from the 1930s.
I don't have an actual birth time for them, but there is a book published about their life, though.

I've been reading up online about rectification and obviously there are various methods.

Mostly, I've seen Solar arcs, Progressions, and Transits. One I even saw Solar and Lunar Return methods.

But some say Solar arcs and Progressions aren't a good method

if the birth time is completely unknown

and that Transit is the only one that works.

I wanted to get various opinions,
which method should be used without a birth time?

I know neither method will be exact,
but with 12 important events, I think I can at least connect the dots.
If you have 12 important events then there are a number of rectification techniques available
i.e.
Using several methods as checks and balances
and then assessing whether each method provides the same
or
similar
or
completely different results
is a good way to gain some clarity on rectification techniques
:smile:

Btw
exclude dates that are "give or take a couple of weeks" as being totally too inaccurate!

'Specific dates for major events'
= the actual exact day
if possible have the precise time of the occurrence
if not then the actual day and whether morning, afternoon or evening is next best

------------------------------------------------------------------

by the way
re: ANIMODAR
- Interesting discussion entitled "Rectification by Trutine of Hermes/Animodar"
at
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=822

also
detailed instructions on precisely how to calculate the pre-natal Epoch Rectification Method
may be viewed FOR FREE at
http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm

plus there's an interesting Rectification technique developed by an astrologer who has conducted 40 years of research
that may be of interest

i.e.

'...physical appearance can vary drastically from one decanate to the next
reliance on the birth time alone for chart accuracy is simply not possible...
I use True Solar Arc Directions for rectification which gives me the correct degree and minute of the ascendant,
after using a rectification graph…
this results in a birth time accurate to the nearest second of time. Directions date physical events…
95% of charts calculated based of client's given birth time were in fact rounded off to the nearest half hour.
Armed with this knowledge, I was able to MAKE sense of a tangled situation...' RON BIPPUS

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE INDICATORS
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------

RECTIFICATION TIPS - VERIFYING ASCENDANT thread
discussion
commenced 26 June 2012at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=51626