Publisher

Abby83

Hi all,

I completed my children's book. The entire book has been put together, ready for print and binded and copyright with barcode etc. I've contacted a few book publishers. There's one publisher which i will call P for now. P has offered me a contract which is my weak point so im doing a horary to make sure i do the right thing. Here's my question -

Should i work with this publisher? Will i be satisfied with the outcome of selling this book if I agree to this contract? Or should I work with another publisher. This publisher P wants me to pay for production costs and im not sure if im willing to do that. Thank you.

In the chart it shows a sextile between me and publisher (venus and mercury) and publisher is in exaltation of me. Im in exaltation of the moon (my hopes and wishes) in applying trine. Income is mars and venus is applying but in detriment of mars - could this mean ill be mildly dissatisfied with the income? Somehow i think this is a good chart.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_publisher.32906.5157.jpg
    astro_2gw_publisher.32906.5157.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Aria Venue

Hey Abby
i would suggest finding another publisher. Why this mercury(l9) in his detriment and fall and cadent, only in book's(saturn) face will be good, while l9 cusp aspects widely aldebaran? because he is in venus (you) exaltation? he's extremely weak. Your concern is not whether he loves you
regarding the chart stick to the core.You didn't ask will my book be successful, or whether you'll have a good profit in general, you simply asked whether this publisher is a good choice.

Abby83

Hey Abby
i would suggest finding another publisher. Why this mercury(l9) in his detriment and fall and cadent, only in book's(saturn) face will be good, while l9 cusp aspects widely aldebaran? because he is in venus (you) exaltation? he's extremely weak. Your concern is not whether he loves you
regarding the chart stick to the core.You didn't ask will my book be successful, or whether you'll have a good profit in general, you simply asked whether this publisher is a good choice.

So you think that cos the publisher is in detriment it's not a good choice?

Aria Venue

Abby the core of your question is about profit, or about trustworthiness? cause the way you phrased your question it seems that this is your main concern, whether he is trustworthy...the fact that he asks you to pay for production costs etc..if this is not your main concern then we have to judge the chart differently as a deal.

the publisher as L9 is not only in its detriment..in its detriment and fall and cadent !!!! horary needs to be very precise

Last edited:

Abby83

Abby the core of your question is about profit, or about trustworthiness? cause the way you phrased your question it seems that this is your main concern, whether he is trustworthy...the fact that he asks you to pay for production costs etc..if this is not your main concern then we have to judge the chart differently as a deal.

the publisher as L9 is not only in its detriment..in its detriment and fall and cadent !!!! horary needs to be very precise

Yeah i reread the contract more thoroughly and considering ive already completed my book im in absolute amazement that these publishers (not just this one) are using eager authors and illustrators to make them profit of your books and giving yu nothing for it whilst doing nothing for you at all. She wanted 50% of sales and wanted me to pay for production. in other words she wanted me to pay for the whole book and on top of that give her 50% just for putting it in a book store which is easy peasy for her. Yeah, not a good deal at all.