Looking for career advice based on my chart - Please help!

Musicfan

Hello kind folks. Good morning. I used to be into astrology a lot but I kind of strayed away from it these past few years. Now I am back and ready to dive in again!

Any way, I am 34 and have been living abroad for the past five years. I won’t get into the reasons behind my choice too much but I would like to move away from teaching. I just do not have the energy or passion for it anymore. In fact I am starting to grow tired of it and dislike some aspects of it and it is really starting to impact me a great deal mentally, emotionally and physically.

The only thing is, I am not sure what career path I should look at. I have some vague ideas but nothing concrete and that is a bit scary. I think working in journalism would be interesting as well as tourism since I love to travel and have been in 35 countries and lived in 5. Urban planning also seems intriguing, same with communications and perhaps even marketing. I love to write and would love to combine that with my love of travel but I know finding writing jobs is incredibly difficult and though I have a way with words, my spelling can be quite appalling. I have also tried, in vain, applying to countless NGOs over the years, seems like a hard field to break into. I was born and raised in the USA and have a very strong preference for living outside the USA but at the point I am so desperate to get out of teaching I would consider moving back to the states. Only thing is, my wife is not from the USA, so even if I wanted to go back, that is a huge hurdle (getting her visa). I feel like teaching is having such an impact on me, it is even starting to hurt the marriage, sadly.

Having said all that, I feel a little limited with my degree, a BA in Sociology and don’t have the funds to go back to school for a masters. I have been trying to connect like crazy on linkedin but that has resulted in limited success thus far. I guess the reason teaching abroad attracted me all those years ago, in my early 20s, was because I could see other countries and I did not need a teaching certificate for many of these positions. So when I was 23 I went to China for two years. Since then, the only replies I ever heard back were for teaching jobs and now, 11 years later, here I am, still teaching. But now I feel trapped and am struggling to look for alternatives.

Perhaps in my reflection and self analysis I am missing something that can maybe be seen in my chart from someone outside my situation. That is where you can hopefully come in. Perhaps you see something and can offer some advice in regards to my potential or areas of strength because right now I feel pretty low about myself and my “talents”. I would be forever grateful and become a firm believer in the kindness of strangers during these confusing times. I feel like dealing with the stresses of teaching has prepared me to deal with nearly any stress (outside of retail). I also guess the ***** thing is I might always see a career as a means to an end to travel more. It would be cool to do something I like, not even love, but just like.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Travel34.png
    Travel34.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 37

Cary2

Banned
Disclaimer. I am assuming that the birth data is very accurate, but I know from experience that it may not be. If it is not, then this was a waste of time. Astrology only suggests tendency based on widely expressed tendencies. In terms of vocation, astrology cannot nullify or neutralize the market trends or economic practicalities involved in surviving financially. Where you lack a feeling of fulfillment, I think astrology offers valuable insights.

Your chart does not contradict a teaching career, but it is not limited necessarily. With Sun-conjunct-Saturn on the Midheaven, a difficult life is suggested. It is not surprising that you will undergo crises that bring hardships. In fact, this conjunction suggests that nothing comes easy, and you do not count on luck. You are a self-made person, and your fulfillment depends on your sense of being self-made.

But there is another side to you and to your vocational options. At the midpoint of Ascendant and Midheaven is a Venus-Neptune conjunction. You have artistic talent, but you lack the drive and discipline artistically, so you may not pursue art. Music is the most likely form of art in this case. But this same conjunction can sometimes produce an impractical dreamer who is a burden. Thankfully, the strong Saturn contact will likely balance the less desirable side of the aspect. But there is a warning: the creative arts field is notoriously unprofitable for most of those who follow that direction.

I think you are a controlling and forceful person, and your vocational situation may be affected by this in a way that brings friction to your environment, but the Venus/Neptune emphasis will cause you to feel very unhappy with friction, or challenge for that matter. You hate a bad atmosphere, but you often drift toward challenge and friction. Others feel challenged by you, and you often feel challenged by others, but you also hate a bad atmosphere which is how a challenging atmosphere often feels. We all have contradictions in our charts, and they usually bring contradicting elements into our lives. Most people try to deny the contradictions, but it is better to work on managing them.

Some people born near your birth time might pursue engineering, military, craftsmanship, sportsmanship, activism, or politics. I think your lack of fulfillment is caused by your need to feel you are a leader or an authority. If you never achieve the leadership you crave, you can still come to terms as most people must regarding their vocational circumstances.

Your chart is challenging, and I suspect you will grow to embrace challenge.

Cary2

Banned
Disclaimer. I am assuming that the birth data is very accurate, but I know from experience that it may not be. If it is not, then this was a waste of time. Astrology only suggests tendency based on widely expressed tendencies. In terms of vocation, astrology cannot nullify or neutralize the market trends or economic practicalities involved in surviving financially. Where you lack a feeling of fulfillment, I think astrology offers valuable insights.

Your chart does not contradict a teaching career, but it is not limited necessarily. With Sun-conjunct-Saturn on the Midheaven, a difficult life is suggested. Please do not interpret this as being cursed. It is not like that. Many successful people have Sun conjunct to Saturn. It is not surprising that you will undergo crises that bring hardships. In fact, this conjunction suggests that nothing comes easy, and you do not count on luck. You are a self-made person, and your fulfillment depends on your sense of being self-made.

But there is another side to you and to your vocational options. At the midpoint of Ascendant and Midheaven is a Venus-Neptune conjunction. You have artistic talent, but you lack the drive and discipline artistically, so you may not pursue art. Music is the most likely form of art in this case. But this same conjunction can sometimes produce an impractical dreamer who is a burden. Thankfully, the strong Saturn contact will likely balance the less desirable side of the aspect. But there is a warning: the creative arts field is notoriously unprofitable for most of those who follow that direction.

I think you are a controlling and forceful person, and your vocational situation may be affected by this in a way that brings friction to your environment, but the Venus/Neptune emphasis will cause you to feel very unhappy with friction, or challenge for that matter. You hate a bad atmosphere, but you often drift toward challenge and friction. Others feel challenged by you, and you often feel challenged by others, but you also hate a bad atmosphere which is how a challenging atmosphere often feels. We all have contradictions in our charts, and they usually bring contradicting elements into our lives. Most people try to deny the contradictions, but it is better to work on managing them.

Some people born near your birth time might pursue engineering, military, craftsmanship, sportsmanship, activism, or politics. I think your lack of fulfillment is caused by your need to feel you are a leader or an authority. If you never achieve the leadership you crave, you can still come to terms as most people must regarding their vocational circumstances.

Your chart is challenging, and I suspect you will grow to embrace challenge. One of your strengths is the benefit that comes from team spirit and team activity.

Last edited:

Musicfan

Disclaimer. I am assuming that the birth data is very accurate
Yes, it is, taken right from my birth certificate.

Your chart does not contradict a teaching career, but it is not limited necessarily. With Sun-conjunct-Saturn on the Midheaven, a difficult life is suggested. Please do not interpret this as being cursed. It is not like that. Many successful people have Sun conjunct to Saturn. It is not surprising that you will undergo crises that bring hardships. In fact, this conjunction suggests that nothing comes easy, and you do not count on luck. You are a self-made person, and your fulfillment depends on your sense of being self-made.
Well, that is a bummer, about the tough life. I hear a lot of people say my chart suggests teaching but right now I can't stand it. Maybe it is just the age. I admire my hard working students, they and their inquisitive nature makes the job a pleasure. I feel like a good student starts at home with the habits they form early in life with parents. What I struggle with is the non existent parents or parents who seem all too keen to blame the teacher. I guess that is why I am sick of teaching: The parents who enable their kids. I am a demanding teacher, I expect a lot, but I am also fair and give chance to kids who at least try. But when they are just lazy, no and that can cause conflict. I don't even blame the kid for being lazy either, but the parents.

I don't feel self made as of now, I don't have the money at least. I always hope for luck, but yah, not much yet.

I wish I had artistic talent! I enjoy it a great deal, go to museums and art galleries but I can't play an instrument or draw or paint or anything. I also have very creative ideas in the class.

"balance the less desirable side of the aspect"
--I hope

"sometimes produce an impractical dreamer"
--Hey, we are all dreamers, aren't we!? I love dreaming about a 2 month sabbatical going through the Balkans! But I balance it with reality. I think.

No, I am not so controlling, at least it is not natural and if I have to be (told to be) it is kind of awkward. Ya, I hate friction but I thought everyone did and I struggle with it but I have been working on ways to be more diplomatic. I try very hard to listen to my students and consider their point of view and take it into account. I feel like students are a lot more challenging these days, compared to when I grew up and that is part of the reason I have grown to dislike teaching. I feel challenged by others who don't listen or show listening skills but I really try not to challenge others. When I do, I think it is unknowingly and without intention.

Your chart is challenging, and I suspect you will grow to embrace challenge. One of your strengths is the benefit that comes from team spirit and team activity.

engineering - That would be amazing but I am not smart enough for that! :)
military - No offense, but I am more of a pacifist and don't want anything to do with that
craftsmanship - what do you mean?
sportsmanship In my younger years I was very athletic but I could never coach or anything. Do you mean sports journalism? Perhaps
activism, or politics - I don't trust politicians or like politics. I've read too much to trust 99% of them.

"Your chart is challenging, and I suspect you will grow to embrace challenge. One of your strengths is the benefit that comes from team spirit and team activity."

-----I hope so. I tend to prefer to be told what to do, go off on my own in my quiet space (with music) and do it. My voice is often loss in collaborative work.

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
As to journalism, you have Midheaven at the Mercury/Pluto midpoint. That could be indicative of journalism, but it suggests that you tend more toward opinion and propaganda, which is not always in harmony with journalism. The Mercury/Pluto midpoint further suggests a teaching career, though a literary career is not out of the question -- that is, from the basis of my own astrological opinion. Others are available who will offer their own astrological opinions.

Mercury/Pluto further suggests sales or computer programming, but I feel it reinforces the teaching aspect.

Cary2

Banned
Craftsmanship was suggested due to the prominent Mars. Those who devote their lives to a certain activity, such as sculpture or landscape architecture, may have prominent Marses. Activity is squarely in the Mars domain. Arts and crafts are a relevant vocational activity, and the "crafts" part of "arts and crafts" is Mars.

Musicfan

Hey, thanks for taking the time to write this.

Craftsmanship was suggested due to the prominent Mars. Those who devote their lives to a certain activity, such as sculpture or landscape architecture, may have prominent Marses. Activity is squarely in the Mars domain. Arts and crafts are a relevant vocational activity, and the "crafts" part of "arts and crafts" is Mars.
All of that stuff sounds interesting, just don't have a talent in any of it...would have to do some more research, maybe some obscure thing unexplored as of now.

As to journalism, you have Midheaven at the Mercury/Pluto midpoint. That could be indicative of journalism, but it suggests that you tend more toward opinion and propaganda, which is not always in harmony with journalism. The Mercury/Pluto midpoint further suggests a teaching career, though a literary career is not out of the question -- that is, from the basis of my own astrological opinion. Others are available who will offer their own astrological opinions.
Propaganda, not so much, I despise that but I do tend to dig a lot and talk about unpopular truths that rub people the wrong way. Like in the states, my opinions on military, pharmaceutical companies, etc. tend to go against the thoughts of the majority and annoy people but it is based on things I've read and learned. Journalism, I think I would have a harder time seeing what the truth is and being silenced in regards to ability to report it since I am pretty sure journalists tend to be silenced if they tunnel down the wrong holes so to speak.

Mercury/Pluto further suggests sales or computer programming, but I feel it reinforces the teaching aspect.
Computers, love those but more in a nerdy way rather than practical way. I did learn HTML in a computer course in UNI.

reinforces the teaching aspect.

No!

haha! Maybe I am just with the...wrong age.

Have a good weekend.

Last edited: