Zodiac Diagram Interpretation

saracosm

https://ibb.co/cArjyn

Hello. I am learning about numerology and astrology and came across this diagram. Each section is also divided into 10 degrees with 3 different planets. Can someone please help me understand why these certain planets are in the particular sections they are in? Thanks!

petosiris

Banned
https://ibb.co/cArjyn

Hello. I am learning about numerology and astrology and came across this diagram. Each section is also divided into 10 degrees with 3 different planets. Can someone please help me understand why these certain planets are in the particular sections they are in? Thanks!

Hi. These 10 degrees portions are known as decans (tenths) and each zodiacal sign has 3 decans. Originally, in the Egyptian tradition those were related to specific asterisms that rise over the latitude of Egypt.

However, at a certain point in the Hellenistic tradition, another concept of planetary face was introduced. These were more rarely used in the Hellenistic tradition (2nd c. BC - 7th c. AD), but they became very popular in the medieval tradition. This scheme implied that the first decan of Aries is alloted to Mars and then the rest are alloted to the planets in the seven zone sphere (also known as Chaldean order, here it is descending, starting from Mars to Sun to Venus and so on).

saracosm

Wow, thanks so much for clarifying that. I wonder, though, what it means when two sections have the same planets within, such as Taurus and Sagittarius?

CapAquaPis

February 15 is represented by the number 6 and the planet Venus, also my last decan of Aquarius is represented by Venus. The reason why there are decans is they're related to other signs of the same element, like Aquarius has decans of the signs (Aquarius for first under Saturn, Gemini for second under Mercury).

But in your link shown the image of decans, it shows my decan is ruled by the Moon and Venus rules the first instead. I can't decide which version is correct and we're on topic regarding traditional astrology and the use of decans plus numerology (my decan number is 6 or 2). There are only 7 numbers used here.

The days of the week in numerology named for planets: I was born on a friday.
Sunday-Sun (1), Monday-Moon (2), Tuesday-Mars (4 or 3), Wednesday-Mercury (5), Thursday-Jupiter (3 or 4), Friday-Venus (6) and Saturday-Saturn (7).