Question on Profections

Osamenor

Staff member
My understanding is that profections are what are considered to activate planets in traditional astrology. The activated planet is the time lord for the year, which is the ruler of the sign where the ascendant is profected, plus any planets that are in the same sign as the time lord and/or in a sign the time lord rules. Is that correct?

For example, let's say I am in a sixth house profection year. (I actually was last year.) My sixth sign is Gemini. That makes Mercury my time lord for the year, and also activates Venus, because I have Venus in Virgo (along with Mercury) and Mars, which I have in Gemini.

My question: does that also activate houses ruled by Mars or Venus and planets placed in them? What about houses and planets ruled by those planets? How far down the line does it go?

This year is much simpler: seventh house profection, only one planet in the seventh sign, no planets in the houses it rules, and no other traditional planets with the ruler of my seventh. If I understand profections correctly, my activated planets right now are Moon (time lord for the year, ruler of the seventh) and Saturn (in the seventh), and my activated houses are the seventh, the twelfth (moon placement), and the first and second (ruled by Saturn). No planets in Capricorn or Aquarius, and nothing in Sag besides the moon (except Neptune, which doesn't count traditionally). Unless a planet transiting one of those signs is activated even if it wouldn't be otherwise?

Michael

Profections are so simple, yet so powerful, I love them! I had read the Arabs profected the most important points on the Chart. Not just the Ascendant.

By profecting many points you get more information. For example, by profecting the Ascendant in my chart I get Gemini. But the Sun is also profected there. That means houses in Gemini and it's ruler (Mercury) are very powerful.

JUPITERASC

My understanding is that profections are what are considered to activate planets in traditional astrology. The activated planet is the time lord for the year, which is the ruler of the sign where the ascendant is profected, plus any planets that are in the same sign as the time lord and/or in a sign the time lord rules. Is that correct?

For example, let's say I am in a sixth house profection year. (I actually was last year.) My sixth sign is Gemini. That makes Mercury my time lord for the year, and also activates Venus, because I have Venus in Virgo (along with Mercury) and Mars, which I have in Gemini.

My question: does that also activate houses ruled by Mars or Venus and planets placed in them? What about houses and planets ruled by those planets? How far down the line does it go?

This year is much simpler: seventh house profection, only one planet in the seventh sign, no planets in the houses it rules, and no other traditional planets with the ruler of my seventh. If I understand profections correctly, my activated planets right now are Moon (time lord for the year, ruler of the seventh) and Saturn (in the seventh), and my activated houses are the seventh, the twelfth (moon placement), and the first and second (ruled by Saturn). No planets in Capricorn or Aquarius, and nothing in Sag besides the moon (except Neptune, which doesn't count traditionally). Unless a planet transiting one of those signs is activated even if it wouldn't be otherwise?
The outers as you have noted are irrelevant on Tradidional board :smile:

To profect a natal chart
count around the chart
until the house of the year required
and then
make that the first house of the profected chart

Planets in the new angles of the profected chart
are strong and effective for the profected year
The planets found in cadant houses will be ineffective.
If the sect has changed take that into account as well.

JUPITERASC

Paulus gave one of the clearer expositions of the basic technique:
As many years as the nativity should spin out,
we pass these through from the hour-marking zōidion [sign],
giving the first year of engendered time to the Hōroskopos [ascending sign]
and the second to the post-ascension of the Hōroskopos [2nd place],
and so on for the rest in the following zōidia [signs],
until the 12th number should be completed.

Basic Technique: Annual Profections of the Ascendant :smile:
http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/?p=362

Paulus quote illustrates basic profections,
of Ascendant from one sign to next for each year of life.
Paulus gives examples, of how the Profection ruler becomes “lord of the year”.
The technique is easy - requires no computer software,
there are no specific degrees invlved,
rather just discrete hops from one place in the chart
to the next
at intervals of time.

The technique is “circumambulation”
meaning a “walking around” the chart. Seven Stars Astrology

Last edited:

Oddity

Just note that a planet or planets in the profected sign will be the year rulers.

If you have nothing in Gemini and Gemini is the profected ascendant, then Mercury is lord of the year. If, however, Venus is in Gemini natally, then Venus will be lady of the year, displacing Mercury. And so forth.

Osamenor

Staff member
Just note that a planet or planets in the profected sign will be the year rulers.

If you have nothing in Gemini and Gemini is the profected ascendant, then Mercury is lord of the year. If, however, Venus is in Gemini natally, then Venus will be lady of the year, displacing Mercury. And so forth.

I seem to have missed that the one time I heard a lecture on profections.

I have Mars in Gemini. So, that would make Mars the lord of the year when I'm in sixth house profection?

What if there are two or more traditional planets in the same sign, and none of them are the sign ruler? Do they share time lordship of the year, or does one dominate? If one dominates, how is it determined which one?

The only sign where I have more than one traditional planet is Virgo, which will come up when I'm in a ninth house profection year. I have Mercury and Venus there. Will Mercury be my time lord that year, because it rules Virgo? Or does Venus get some say?

What about planets being activated, even if they're not the time lord? Does that happen in profection, or am I making that up?

dr. farr

Profection is my next-favorite method (after simple symbolic porgression) for astrological prognostication; HOWEVER, I follow Paulus Alexandrianus and I always begin the profection "count" AT 1 (not at zero)-actually this is the way the Greco-Roman astrologers did profections, since the concept of "0" had not yet been introduced into Western mathematics during their times...

Oddity

Useful for reference. This is a diagram Paul drew up showing which sign your ascendant profects to by age.

Attachments

• PaulsProfectionYearsChart.jpg
    PaulsProfectionYearsChart.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 226

petosiris

Banned
I seem to have missed that the one time I heard a lecture on profections.

I have Mars in Gemini. So, that would make Mars the lord of the year when I'm in sixth house profection?

What if there are two or more traditional planets in the same sign, and none of them are the sign ruler? Do they share time lordship of the year, or does one dominate? If one dominates, how is it determined which one?

The only sign where I have more than one traditional planet is Virgo, which will come up when I'm in a ninth house profection year. I have Mercury and Venus there. Will Mercury be my time lord that year, because it rules Virgo? Or does Venus get some say?

What about planets being activated, even if they're not the time lord? Does that happen in profection, or am I making that up?

''before all, it is necessary to investigate the lord of the year and its mixture and position and phase, and the planets that see it by fixity and by transit, and how it was situated at the nativity, and how it was found at the time of the transit.'' - Hephaistio of Thebes, Apotelesmatics Book II Schmidt translation p. 81

There is a bit of difference from author to author on how to use Annual Profections. Everyone agrees that the ruler of the sign using the above mentioned diagram is ''Lord of the Year''. What Oddity alludes to is an approach in Valens and some authors of activated planets taking over the Lord of the Year in the given sign, even transiting ones in Valens. ''If one of the stars in transit has entered this place, then it will be transmitting the chronocratorship.''

Dorotheus does not change Rulers, and combines annual profection with a solar revolution as a transiting chart to evaluate its strength over the year. Note that Valens is somewhat innovating with Profections as he walks every single thing in the chart - all planets, places and lots. Personally I do not like that approach at all. I look at the planets in the activated signs as more powerful, but not as Time Lords. Also I do not profect anything but the Hour-Marker. I've also noticed Lord of the Year transits as well as transits over the whole year through the activated places as powerful as well.

Notice how all Hellenistic astrologers suddenly start talking about transits when using profections. This seems to originate from the founder of yearly and monthly profections - King Nechepso who provided some delineations, quoted by Valens:

''The native obtains great advancement if the star of Jupiter, while being chronocrator, is at MC or in the Place of Accomplishment with the star of Mars. When Jupiter and Mars are providing the active impulse, it will be necessary to see if the star of Saturn is coming into a transit or opposition, with the result that the chronocratorship of occupations becomes contrary. If <Mercury> is favorably situated at the nativity, the native will engage in greater activities, proportionate to the distinction of the nativity - for this is changed to that and that is changed to this by differences in the hours of birth...'' - Valens Book VII p. 137 Riley

I think the reason Valens and others changed the original idea, is that they started looking at profections as in terms of places, while I believe the original approach was to look at the Ruler of the Sign. The technique originally was to establish the Lord of the Year, not the house of the year. Notice Nechepso's monthly profection:

''The King had this opinion about the operative month: determine the distance from the sun’s current position to the moon’s position at birth, then count that distance from the Ascendant. It will be necessary to examine the ruler of the sign where the count stops to see if it is in operative signs, and to make a judgement about the stars in conjunction or in aspect, whether benefic or malefic. (For day births, determine the distance from the moon’s current position to the sun’s position at birth; count that from the Ascendant'' - Valens, p. 97 Riley

It emphasizes the Ruler, not the place of the profection. That is how I use profections. In my opinion annual profections can be separated into two categories of Lord of the Year and Ruling Place approaches. I believe Paulus follows Nechepso.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member

Did you get this question answered to your liking? It's actually the topic of the lecture I am currently working on. I bolded part of it because how you explaine it is correct, and yet not. I have been having a lot of discussion with other traditional astrologers surrounding profections, and whether or not they are better indicative of the year to come than the solar return chart. So far, I am not willing to abidicate using both in conjunction with the natal to predict events, but I DO put the profected chart first.

Ok, sure. Gemini comes to the ASC, which means that 6th house matters will be first house concerns. Clearly Mercury is activated as lord of the year, so all the planets in his houses are also activated.

Yes and no. I mean, all of astrology can go as far down the rabbit hole as you have the time to chase it. Profections aren't just annual, they are monthly and daily. Who has time for that?? You could literally spend your entire waking moments just studying one chart, down to the minute, and miss out on the life you were supposed to be living, lol.

Keep it simple, and only dive deep if there are indications of necessity. Profect the ASC, discover the LoY, any planets that are activated by him/her, but ALSO any aspects natally that get lit up. Those are going to tell you where to look. Then cast the SR chart, find the ASC ruler. By comparing a tri-wheel, using the profected chart to guide. Like, 6th house profection (this is just an example, I don't have your natal)brings 6th house issues to the ASC to be dealt with (btw, when cadent houses come to the angles by profection THAT is when they can create events), then let's say Taurus rises in the SR. That sets up a what? 1/6/5 relationship? So that 6th house issues will be hugely prominent affecting the actual being of the native, and they will be colored by the 5th house. Illness relating to children, or loss of creativty relating to sickness. Those kinds of things.

I mean, Saturn is activated, so you are actually going to want to pay attention to his transits, especially to the lights. I believe I mentioned privately that I am currently going through a harsh Saturn transit? It's because I am in a 1st house profection, Saturn is the exaltation ruler of my 1st, so active. :crying: The thing about profections that most modern (I use this lightly, there really is no such difference between modern and traditional astrology any more) astrologers miss is how to tell if a transit is going to be a doozy or a non-starter. Like...Hey, you have Jupiter trasiting your first house, you are going to be really lucky this year! Except Jupiter isn't active, Mars is, and the native was somewhat less than lucky.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Did you get this question answered to your liking? It's actually the topic of the lecture I am currently working on. I bolded part of it because how you explaine it is correct, and yet not. I have been having a lot of discussion with other traditional astrologers surrounding profections, and whether or not they are better indicative of the year to come than the solar return chart. So far, I am not willing to abidicate using both in conjunction with the natal to predict events, but I DO put the profected chart first.
No one gave me the answer I was looking for til now. Thanks!

Ok, sure. Gemini comes to the ASC, which means that 6th house matters will be first house concerns. Clearly Mercury is activated as lord of the year, so all the planets in his houses are also activated.
Would any planet sharing a house with Mercury be activated even if Mercury were not domiciled? This doesn't work in my chart, because the only sign where I have more than one traditional planet is Virgo, and those planets include Mercury, but hypothetically.... suppose I had my ascendant profected to Gemini and Mercury in Cancer alongside Saturn. Would that then activate Saturn, because Mercury is LoY?

Yes and no. I mean, all of astrology can go as far down the rabbit hole as you have the time to chase it. Profections aren't just annual, they are monthly and daily. Who has time for that?? You could literally spend your entire waking moments just studying one chart, down to the minute, and miss out on the life you were supposed to be living, lol.

Keep it simple, and only dive deep if there are indications of necessity. Profect the ASC, discover the LoY, any planets that are activated by him/her, but ALSO any aspects natally that get lit up. Those are going to tell you where to look. Then cast the SR chart, find the ASC ruler. By comparing a tri-wheel, using the profected chart to guide. Like, 6th house profection (this is just an example, I don't have your natal)brings 6th house issues to the ASC to be dealt with (btw, when cadent houses come to the angles by profection THAT is when they can create events), then let's say Taurus rises in the SR. That sets up a what? 1/6/5 relationship? So that 6th house issues will be hugely prominent affecting the actual being of the native, and they will be colored by the 5th house. Illness relating to children, or loss of creativty relating to sickness. Those kinds of things.
Obviously very complex!

I mean, Saturn is activated, so you are actually going to want to pay attention to his transits, especially to the lights. I believe I mentioned privately that I am currently going through a harsh Saturn transit? It's because I am in a 1st house profection, Saturn is the exaltation ruler of my 1st, so active. :crying: The thing about profections that most modern (I use this lightly, there really is no such difference between modern and traditional astrology any more) astrologers miss is how to tell if a transit is going to be a doozy or a non-starter. Like...Hey, you have Jupiter trasiting your first house, you are going to be really lucky this year! Except Jupiter isn't active, Mars is, and the native was somewhat less than lucky.
Well, here's my actual current situation: I'm in a seventh house profection year (if we start counting profections at year 0... I'm 42). Seventh house contains Saturn and is ruled by the moon. No other planets in the seventh, no traditional planets in the same sign as my moon, so by profection, it sounds like it's just Saturn and moon to look at?

Saturn isn't aspecting either of my lights this year, although for the first 4 months after my solar return, it was in the same sign as my moon (though well out of orb of conjunction) and trine my sun by sign. Now it's hovering around my ascendant. The big Saturn transit I get this year is Saturn back and forth over my AC.

tsmall

Premium Member
No one gave me the answer I was looking for til now. Thanks!

You are quite welcome. :love:

Let me preface all further comments by directing you to this thread:

www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65448

There is a ton of good delineative/interpretative information there, if you dig for it.

Would any planet sharing a house with Mercury be activated even if Mercury were not domiciled?

Yes. But profections don't happen by house, they happen by sign. No, we are not using whole houses here, but if Mercury is LoY, then any planet in the same sing as he natally is activated. Planets in the same sign agree in the journey. You don need to consider orb for that. It doesn't matter if Mercury is in his domicile. Like, think about it. When Mercury, or any planet, gets his chance as Lord of the Year, he gets his chance regardless of where he is posited in the chart. HOW his year will go is going to be completely influenced by his natal position. Is Mercury competent, or incompetent? As in capable to perform his duties. Can Mercury see by sign and Ptolemaic aspect the houses he rules? If not in domicile who is with him, and who is his ruler? Can his ruler help him? Is he peregrine? Delineate Mercury completely.

This doesn't work in my chart, because the only sign where I have more than one traditional planet is Virgo, and those planets include Mercury, but hypothetically.... suppose I had my ascendant profected to Gemini and Mercury in Cancer alongside Saturn. Would that then activate Saturn, because Mercury is LoY?

Yes. Exactly.

Well, here's my actual current situation: I'm in a seventh house profection year (if we start counting profections at year 0... I'm 42). Seventh house contains Saturn and is ruled by the moon. No other planets in the seventh, no traditional planets in the same sign as my moon, so by profection, it sounds like it's just Saturn and moon to look at?

Yes, as active planets. But also activated will be the the houses/signs those planets rule. Moon is LoY, where it is natally will be in operation. Saturn in Cancer? Look at the houses that have Cap, Aqua, and Libra on the cusp. Also Taurus because Moon rules by exaltation. Look at the aspects those planets make because those will be important as well. Example, if it's a separating aspect then something you thought once dealt with will rear it's head again, or if it's applying then something you have been trying to deal with will be important.

Saturn isn't aspecting either of my lights this year, although for the first 4 months after my solar return, it was in the same sign as my moon (though well out of orb of conjunction) and trine my sun by sign. Now it's hovering around my ascendant. The big Saturn transit I get this year is Saturn back and forth over my AC.

Ok, that's going to need you to delineate your Saturn completely. Because it's been a while since I posted, and I was missing this information, I forgot to mention that Satrun activated transits to the lights are important, but Saturn transits to the angles are more significant. If Saturn active is afflicting your ASC, it's opposing your DSC and squaring your MC/IC. Thats a potentially rough transit. The nature of Saturn is to reject, and exclude. If he's in domain in the SR chart (masculine planet in a masculine sign, degree, quadrant) then he's likely there to teach you a lesson, with good results, but it will be a lonely path to walk. If you have a day chart, it will actually be you doing the separating, whether you realize it or not. If you have a night chart, circumstances will happen that makes others isolate you.

No matter day or night, Saturn is the greater malefic for a reason. This year you are going to have to analyze the foundations of your life, and the path you are on. Saturn is going to expose every weakness, flaw, and not so great part. Bring it up to the light to be exposed, and force you deal with it.

Osamenor

Staff member
You are quite welcome. :love:

Let me preface all further comments by directing you to this thread:

www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65448

There is a ton of good delineative/interpretative information there, if you dig for it.
All I can do is skim the threads, really. It's a lot to take in. (How did the lawsuit turn out in the end?)

When Mercury, or any planet, gets his chance as Lord of the Year, he gets his chance regardless of where he is posited in the chart. HOW his year will go is going to be completely influenced by his natal position. Is Mercury competent, or incompetent? As in capable to perform his duties. Can Mercury see by sign and Ptolemaic aspect the houses he rules? If not in domicile who is with him, and who is his ruler? Can his ruler help him? Is he peregrine? Delineate Mercury completely.
This is making me think. When I was in my sixth house profection year, a year ago now, Mercury (LoY) crossed my ascendant three times in December and January, because of retrograde. It was during that time that I became a moderator of this forum. Mercury in action?

Yes, as active planets. But also activated will be the the houses/signs those planets rule. Moon is LoY, where it is natally will be in operation. Saturn in Cancer? Look at the houses that have Cap, Aqua, and Libra on the cusp. Also Taurus because Moon rules by exaltation. Look at the aspects those planets make because those will be important as well. Example, if it's a separating aspect then something you thought once dealt with will rear it's head again, or if it's applying then something you have been trying to deal with will be important.
That still leaves just Moon and Saturn as activated planets, but... tenth, first, and second houses (Libra, Cap, Aqua), fifth (Taurus) and twelfth (moon placement). Pretty complex.

Ok, that's going to need you to delineate your Saturn completely. Because it's been a while since I posted, and I was missing this information, I forgot to mention that Satrun activated transits to the lights are important, but Saturn transits to the angles are more significant. If Saturn active is afflicting your ASC, it's opposing your DSC and squaring your MC/IC. Thats a potentially rough transit. The nature of Saturn is to reject, and exclude. If he's in domain in the SR chart (masculine planet in a masculine sign, degree, quadrant) then he's likely there to teach you a lesson, with good results, but it will be a lonely path to walk. If you have a day chart, it will actually be you doing the separating, whether you realize it or not. If you have a night chart, circumstances will happen that makes others isolate you.

No matter day or night, Saturn is the greater malefic for a reason. This year you are going to have to analyze the foundations of your life, and the path you are on. Saturn is going to expose every weakness, flaw, and not so great part. Bring it up to the light to be exposed, and force you deal with it.

Now I understand why people get so scared of astrological predictions. I'm having that reaction myself. Especially to the thought of being isolated by others... that scares me the most. I want never to deal with that again in my life. But, I have a day chart. And I do tend to isolate myself, much more than anyone ever isolates me, and if I'm not handling it consciously, then I blame others for it. Usually not to their faces, but I still think it, which doesn't help.

(I write this as I'm sitting at home, spending several days in a row mostly alone because I've been sick for a couple of weeks... not usual for me. And trying to figure out if I have enough energy for getting out and doing some basic errands. Saturn-like, perhaps?)

tsmall

Premium Member
All I can do is skim the threads, really. It's a lot to take in. (How did the lawsuit turn out in the end?)

I mean we didn't exactly win the lawsuit, but we got the animals back and rebuilt from the ashes.

That still leaves just Moon and Saturn as activated planets, but... tenth, first, and second houses (Libra, Cap, Aqua), fifth (Taurus) and twelfth (moon placement). Pretty complex.

So I know this is where I'm supposed to make the chart and give a bit of the answers, but I can't have the time. Profections aren't complex at ALL. Because profections are how I got my start in astrology, and if a newb with about 5 minutes of experience can learn the significations of the topics of the houses, then use three different sized cereal bowls to draw concentric circles on a piece of copy paper, then use colored pencils to number the houses, and draw the planets, anyone can figure out what it means when 1/6/5 line up. Profections make the complex a lot simpler.

Now I understand why people get so scared of astrological predictions.

I don't get that. I mean, my first foray into predictive astrology was to predict the death of my friend's mother, who had a terminal illness (ALS) and she was her hospice caretaker, working full time, with a husband and young daughter to think about as well. Planning leave, planning when to ask for help, was acutely important. And I, with exactly what? 4 months of learning, got it to within 3 weeks. So, prediction isn't hard at all. PS, horary is nothing BUT prediction.

I'm having that reaction myself. Especially to the thought of being isolated by others... that scares me the most. I want never to deal with that again in my life. But, I have a day chart. And I do tend to isolate myself, much more than anyone ever isolates me, and if I'm not handling it consciously, then I blame others for it. Usually not to their faces, but I still think it, which doesn't help.

(I write this as I'm sitting at home, spending several days in a row mostly alone because I've been sick for a couple of weeks... not usual for me. And trying to figure out if I have enough energy for getting out and doing some basic errands. Saturn-like, perhaps?)

Stop it. Think for a minute. So you know that the nature of Saturn is to reject and exclude, but don't let anything you are contemplating about traditional, and prediction, change your mind about planets. Before you thought about profections, what did you think about Saturn in your chart?

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Stop it. Think for a minute. So you know that the nature of Saturn is to reject and exclude, but don't let anything you are contemplating about traditional, and prediction, change your mind about planets. Before you thought about profections, what did you think about Saturn in your chart?

Good question. Saturn in my chart...

Placed in the seventh house, so has a lot to do with others in my life. Ruler of my AC, so it's also about me.

I have noticed that, at all my adult hard Saturn transits to itself--early twenties waning square, first return, and late thirties waxing square--I've had people come into my life who reflect Saturn and Cancer traits very well: Cancerian nurturing and caring, along with something Saturnian, like being stable and committed and/or having an especially keen sense of boundaries and/or being (gently) authoritarian. People who gave me some kind of one-on-one help: one was a mentor, one was a therapist, one a bit of both.

Perhaps I can give Saturn credit for my life being mostly free of relationship drama. And for having a relatively easy time saying no and setting interpersonal limits. I know some people who constantly struggle with that, but I'm not one of them.

The times when I've made serious commitments have coincided with transiting Saturn at some kind of critical juncture. I started herbalism school with Saturn stationing on my moon. In retrospect, I think if I had not made that choice and that commitment, I would've probably had a very hard time with that transit. But I didn't experience it as harsh. (Saturn wasn't activated by profection that year, either, so there's that.)

I think what I'm really afraid of right now isn't Saturn, it's realizing that I'm coming to a critical juncture in life and career and finances. I'm going to have to figure out self employment in the next year or so, which I've never done before, and meanwhile, my primary day job just went up in smoke. And I've been too sick since then to do anything about it.

I don't suppose that's really Saturn's fault, but maybe Saturn reflects all this.

Going back a few posts, to what you said about lining up the natal, SR, and profected ascendants: that gives me 1/3/7 for this year (SR ascendant was in natal third). Which actually looks like a pretty social year (3 and 7 being social houses).

If Saturn rejects and excludes... then Saturn rejects and excludes what isn't necessary and would just be a distraction. Narrows focus.

tsmall

Premium Member
Going back a few posts, to what you said about lining up the natal, SR, and profected ascendants: that gives me 1/3/7 for this year (SR ascendant was in natal third). Which actually looks like a pretty social year (3 and 7 being social houses).

Before I comment, we already decided you are in a 7th house profection, yes? So it's going to be the 7th that comes to the ASC. You need to look at 1/7/3.

7th to the ASC, SR brings 3. 7th house issues that will arrise from 3rd house significations.

If Saturn rejects and excludes... then Saturn rejects and excludes what isn't necessary and would just be a distraction. Narrows focus.

Not a distraction. Not with Saturn active. A clensing, and a reconciling, especially with Saturn transiting your angles. Figure it out at the conjunction to the ASC, because if you don't the square to it will be not nice.

SunConjunctUranus

Are the moon nodes equal with the planets in Egyptian Astrology both Profection and Natal?

I ask this because mr Oddity said this :

The current ascendant of profection is in pisces and natally there is south node of the moon, but in ptofections mars in the same sign with the ascendant of the profections. So is it south node of the moon or mars as the lord of the year?

Asking

R

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Are the moon nodes equal with the planets in Egyptian Astrology

both Profection and Natal?
useful if you would clarify your question

i.e.
provide your definition of Egyptian Astrology
I ask this because mr Oddity said this :

If you have nothing in Gemini and Gemini is the profected ascendant, then Mercury is lord of the year.

If, however, Venus is in Gemini natally, then Venus will be lady of the year, displacing Mercury. And so forth.
Asking

R
Oddity mentioned neither Egyptian Astrology nor Moons Nodes
however
it is possible
your question related to EGYPTIAN BOUNDS :smile:

JUPITERASC

The current ascendant of profection is in pisces
and natally there is south node of the moon, but
in ptofections mars in the same sign with the ascendant of the profections.
So is it south node of the moon or mars as the lord of the year?
I notice you have edited your original comment
and so
If current ascendant of profection is Pisces :smile:
then the profected Lord of the Year aka LOY is JUPITER

SunConjunctUranus

I notice you have edited your original comment
and so
If current ascendant of profection is Pisces :smile:
then the profected Lord of the Year aka LOY is JUPITER

But natally, I have south node so according to sir Oddity the south node is the lord of profection this year? Or south node is not equal to planets?
If its not equal so mars happen to be in the same sign with the sunrise/ascendant, so that would be mars as the lord of the year then?