Can you have an Out of sign conjunction in synastry ?

Chrysalis

In my chart i have Sun 1,53 virgo and his mars is 29,03 Leo.

As these planets are close together BUT not in the same sign, is this still classed a conjunction, would it be an out of sign conjunction ?

Last edited:

Chrysalis

As his mars is in such a late degrees of Leo, is he then going to be naturally more adaptive to the next sign, so he can easily understand the energy of the sign Virgo too.

Is this how late degrees work ?

miquar

Hi. With regard to out-of sign conjunctions, then yes they count.

Personally, I am very clear-cut about sign placements - I wouldn't assume that the 'influence' of the next sign starts creeping in when a body is coming to the end of a sign.

The way this cross aspect will work out will depend partly on your relationship to the fire element and his relationship to the earth element, and also partly on how your Sun in Virgo works for you and how his Mars in Leo works for him. If your Sun is tensely aspected, then his Mars triggers these aspects, and vice versa.

Best wishes

Miquar

waybread

Maybe not in traditional astrology, but in modern astrology, yes, they count. So long as they're in-orb. Just be aware that the planets are not in the same element (earth, air, fire, water) or quality (cardinal, fixed, mutable) so they may not behave as characteristically as they would if they were in-sign.

Broly

Personally, I am very clear-cut about sign placements - I wouldn't assume that the 'influence' of the next sign starts creeping in when a body is coming to the end of a sign.

The way this cross aspect will work out will depend partly on your relationship to the fire element and his relationship to the earth element, and also partly on how your Sun in Virgo works for you and how his Mars in Leo works for him. If your Sun is tensely aspected, then his Mars triggers these aspects, and vice versa.

Best wishes

Miquar

In the last parts of what you said, do you mean how my planet works for me in natal or synastry?

Maybe not in traditional astrology, but in modern astrology, yes, they count. So long as they're in-orb. Just be aware that the planets are not in the same element (earth, air, fire, water) or quality (cardinal, fixed, mutable) so they may not behave as characteristically as they would if they were in-sign.

Why doesn't it count in traditional? Is modern astrology stronger? What do you mean "in-orb"? Honestly, I hope out-of-sign conjunctions are true. This woman's Moon is conjunct mine, but her's in Cancer and mine's in Gemini. The orb is -7 degress 21' if I'm correct.

Broly

Best wishes

Miquar

In the last parts of what you said, do you mean how my planet works for me in natal or synastry?

Why doesn't it count in traditional? Is modern astrology stronger? What do you mean "in-orb"? Honestly, I hope out-of-sign conjunctions are true. This woman's Moon is conjunct mine, but her's in Cancer and mine's in Gemini. The orb is -7 degress 21' if I'm correct.

Janell

IN ORB -- meaning 6 degrees . -- If it was in the same sign, you could go to 10 degrees with a Moon conjunction . All other planets only 6.