Synastry vs Composite Horoscopes

L

Lynn

Hi Everyone,

I feel confused about the meaning of synastry vs composite horoscopes of me and a partner.(In fact I'm confused about the importance of one vs the other in general .. which one is more true??) Can you help me??

The data are :

MALE : 15 December 1955 in Rotterdam(Netherlands) 9.15 AM
FEMALE : 23 February 1955 in Kuala Lumpur(Malaysia) 5.45 AM

Is there any way to determine who benefits most from this relationship and who should take initiative or not(at the moment)?

wilsontc

Staff member
Synastry and Composite charts

Lynn,

Think of the different charts as a following of the relationship process. In the beginning of any relationship you are two individuals (individual birth charts). When you decide that the other person is interesting to you, you get involved with them and see how you both "fit together" as a couple (synastry). Later, if you decide to "take the plunge" you become a couple and start functioning, not as two separate people, but as a unit (composite charts). So neither chart is "better" than the other. Each chart is appropriate to evaluate where you are in your relationship.

Take a look at your own chart and the other person's chart individually to see how each of you approaches relationships (look especially for Libra/Venus/7th house and aspects made to Venus). If you want to see whether you and this person might be compatible, use a synastry chart (look especially for Libra/Venus/7th house and aspects made to Venus; and any aspects made between Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars). If you want to see how you would function as a couple, use a composite chart (look especially for Libra/Venus/7th house and aspects made to Venus; and any aspects made between Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars).

Steven Forrest has some very good books about synastry charts (Skymates I) and composite charts (Skymates II). To get you up and running on basic astrological interpretation in six steps, see my astrological website:
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc

Relating and inter-relating,

Tim

L

Lynn

Thanks a lot Tim, for your clear and precise answer and the extra information. I had this question for quite some time so I am glad I found this interesting forum. I will certainly dig further into the subject with the information you gave me and read the questions of other people as well..

Thanx a lot again, Lynn