Which house system is right for you? Any precise way to "know"?

Fragoso

Hello.
I use placidus as a system. I have tried whole signs but i can't fit there (no way i could be neptune in 7th and jupiter in 4th).

Fragoso,
Trying to have an open mind.

MSO

Hello.
I use placidus as a system. I have tried whole signs but i can't fit there (no way i could be neptune in 7th and jupiter in 4th).

Fragoso,
Trying to have an open mind.

Maybe your rising is different, which will put Jupiter in the 3rd and Craptune in the 6th.

Rebel Uranian

What sources are you using for your birth time?

By the way, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto through the houses are not that important. I still wonder why we don't use Eris...

MSO

What sources are you using for your birth time?

By the way, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto through the signs are not that important. I still wonder why we don't use Eris...

Fixt that for ya.

You can't be sure frag, your Mars is in Cancer... you can't judge your ascendant based on Cancer traits alone...

Fragoso

Fixt that for ya.

You can't be sure frag, your Mars is in Cancer... you can't judge your ascendant based on Cancer traits alone...

:alien: WHAT?
I am not driven for recognition, I hate beeing in the center of attention, I don't like to be dramatic with other, I have a pretty average self-esteem, People would say i am very insecure, I do see myself as more introverted, ...

NO WAY LEO ASC!

MSO

:alien: WHAT?
I am not driven for recognition Libra, I hate beeing in the center of attention Libra, I don't like to be dramatic with other Libra, I have a pretty average self-esteem Libra, People would say i am very insecure Libra, I do see myself as more introverted Mars is in Cancer[/COLOR], ...

:alien: Whatchu talkin bout.

MSO

I'm supposed to prove to you that you have a Leo ascendant? How? Am I supposed to describe your personality for you?

Claire19

This is a generic question about "knowing" which house system one should use for one's chart.

I know that a lot of what goes into determining this is the feeling of which system "fits" - i.e. are you more of a 1st house sun than a 2nd house sun etc.

But is there a more accurate way to "know" which system to use? I mean, to my ignorant mind, since much of astrology is based on precision (time of birth etc and degrees) it seems only logical that one house system is "correct" and the other "incorrect" for a particular person's chart, no?

So, is there a way to tell? :whistling:
the only way to tell is to use say Equal and Placidus charts and plot the transits to see which is more viable. This takes experience and know how and strong knowledge of astrological principles....The house rulers are so important and it must vexacious to not know which method fits you. For me it makes little difference as it happens.

Quicksilver82

Great question! I am still trying to figure this one out. I have to admit that Placidus really resonates with me because it puts my Sun in the 10th. Whole signs has it in the 11th, which makes no sense at all for me. I've found that my feelings about the Sun and Venus placements are what really matter (and Mars to a certain extent). The energy of the other planets are just too complex/subtle for me to make an attempt and fingering it's placement. But I KNOW that my Sun is in the 10th and My Venus is in the 9th, therefore I go with Placidus.

Also, I don't believe in following something simply because it's "easy" (like whole signs or equal house). Astrology is far from easy...so I expect the system to be a little complicated. Just my opinion. :biggrin:

Rebel Uranian

The Sun in the 11th is stronger than in the 10th. The Sun's natural House is in the 11th. Also, don't go with feelings too much. Feelings are required to ask questions seeing as people without feelings (aka psychopaths) don't ask any, but feelings should not be the answers to those very questions. That's answering the question with the question.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
the only way to tell is to use say Equal and Placidus charts and plot the transits to see which is more viable. This takes experience and know how and strong knowledge of astrological principles....The house rulers are so important and it must vexacious to not know which method fits you. For me it makes little difference as it happens.

I agree completely. I think this is the best way.

I'm slightly against picking and choosing...I've seen sometimes people picking and choosing with the greatest of idealism...it's not a shop, you can't pick and choose your favourite...friends stun me with their comments about my personality - reading your own natal chart you think you know what the world sees, but no...nobody better than other people to give some insight, not just self-analysis...I don't trust it for about 50 reasons. Staying on topic, transits, transits, transits. I've been doing this and I'm happy. I do research about different house systems to rely on my own judgement than just other's but that may be just me.

byjove

Account Closed
The Sun in the 11th is stronger than in the 10th. The Sun's natural House is in the 11th. Also, don't go with feelings too much. Feelings are required to ask questions seeing as people without feelings (aka psychopaths) don't ask any, but feelings should not be the answers to those very questions. That's answering the question with the question.

I mean this from an astro point of view, not personally, but in WHAT universe is Sun in the 11th stronger than the 10th? 10 is angular...there is a whole system behind it that I believe is treasured as much by ancients and modern astrologers...angular, angular, angular. Angular is loud, BOOM action...10th is also the highest house...it's what the world sees, MC and everything...really so much ancient work thrown to the side their because of Aqua...for what.

Never in any system I've read -yet, bunnies could fly- old new or futuristic has anything in a succedent or cadent house been stronger than a planet in an angular house as a general rule. What in the world. Also, like dignity, it's power not necessarily beneficial.

(I'm beating myself up for this comment, I'm keen to stay on topic, I see the rules allow a little diversion, I'll keep it at this comment only and stick to the thread at hand)

Last edited:

Quicksilver82

I thought the Sun ruled the 5th, naturally?

taysic

Hi again. I am happy this is generating some interest. First i'd like to say that this is an Astrocalc option, suggesting that others think the same way. I agree with idea and use it, and in my mind it has become DEOSIL. Yes the 1st house by this system is where the planets move into after rising and the meaning is the same as always for the 1st House, being somewhat similar to Aries. After all Aries is the 1st Sign of Spring(Northern Hemisphere- things are different in the Southern Hemisphere but that's a whole other topic) when the sun is gaining in strength and daylength is increasing. Likewise the 1st part of the day after DAWN is also when the sun is gaining in strength and should equate to Aries. The sun reaches peak strength at the Summer Solstice (equivalent to NOON) after which it begins to weaken so the Houses after Noon(4,5 and 6) when the sun is weakening should be equivalent to Summer; Cancer, Leo, Gemini.

Hi thank you for suggesting this. This has been EXACTLY what I've been thinking about lately. I'm glad to see others are doing this.

It seems completely strange to me that astrologers place the houses going counter clockwise from 1st to 12th rather than clockwise. It makes more sense to me to have the early hours of the day go from 1st house -> 2nd house similar to the way the seasons travel from Aries -> Taurus. The high noon midday full sun should be on the 4th house, as the Summer Solstice is at the beginning of Cancer ... and the sunset should set in the 7th house.

This makes much more sense to me.

KIRONO

Hi thank you for suggesting this. This has been EXACTLY what I've been thinking about lately. I'm glad to see others are doing this.

It seems completely strange to me that astrologers place the houses going counter clockwise from 1st to 12th rather than clockwise. It makes more sense to me to have the early hours of the day go from 1st house -> 2nd house similar to the way the seasons travel from Aries -> Taurus. The high noon midday full sun should be on the 4th house, as the Summer Solstice is at the beginning of Cancer ... and the sunset should set in the 7th house.

This makes much more sense to me.

Hi there and thanks for your reply. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this way. From my own perspective I can say that in the 'Deosil' system I have sun in 11th not 2nd as almost all others would say. I honestly feel drawn much more to 11th house(I would include Astrology here and various groups) things than 2nd(such as having money and material possessions). Viva radical thinkers. Sometime I might start a thread on how Southern Hemisphere astrology is different, including the Age of Leo. :happy: