Looking up cute guys' birth charts before going on dates with them... yay or nay?

xyclomatic

So, as a gay guy, the only reliable method for guys like me to find love is through those gay dating apps. Seeing as how our dating pool is much smaller and limited compared to straight folks, it only makes sense to use dating apps.

As for Astrology, I’ve been thinking a lot about relationships (well, actually… pretty much my entire life with my 7th house Moon, lol) and how Astrology is like the unforeseen driving force in the background that influences how two people get on with each other, depending on how their planets vibes with mine.

Therefore, that gives me an idea. Since most gay dating apps displays a guy’s DOB, should I check the guy’s natal chart + compare/analyze our synastry to see how compatible we are and whether I want to date him or not? I mean… I always had those “what if he doesn’t like me” sort of anxiety-prone thoughts, therefore if I just freaking LOOKED at his chart and see how his planets hits my planets (or lack thereof), I could have some peace of mind where I’ll know for sure if true chemistry exists between the two of us or not. No more doubts, no more second-guessing BS.

I mean, this might sound bizarre, but I even checked some of my classmates’ birth charts who I felt were always “cold” to me. Turns out almost all of them have their Saturn conjunct/square/opposite my Moon, and that’s when I realized Astrology must have some underlying truth to it. Otherwise, why are those classmates so freaking cold to me? It’s the freaking Saturn for crying out loud!!!

So yeah, do you guys suggest I check birth charts before going on dates with said cute guys? Because like… I obviously DON’T wanna date guys who have their Saturn sitting on my Moon. I actually hate that kind of energy, because as a Leo Sun I want him to be warm, fuzzy, and lovey-dovey towards me – not cold. :sad:

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Of course with this system you'll be missing the most important piece of the puzzle, the ascendent, and its relationship to you and your chart.
Consider how many hundreds of thousands of births take place at nearly the same time, therefore with similar charts, but you aren't necessarily drawn to all of them.
Where do their planets fall in your chart is also an important consideration.

xyclomatic

Of course with this system you'll be missing the most important piece of the puzzle, the ascendent, and its relationship to you and your chart.
Consider how many hundreds of thousands of births take place at nearly the same time, therefore with similar charts, but you aren't necessarily drawn to all of them.
Where do their planets fall in your chart is also an important consideration.

One of my classmates has his Sun, Venus, and Mercury fall in my 8th house. Yet... he's not drawn to me AT ALL, and vice versa.

However, his Saturn also conjuncts my Moon very tightly, by 1 degree orb conjunction. I literally felt that heavy Saturn energy between us even before seeing his chart. It's like, I felt restricted. I couldn't express myself around him. And I could tell he felt the same way, too. Super awkward being alone together.

Synastry charts are very complex to read. You have to look at everything as a whole to see the big picture. Obviously, having 3 of his planets fall in my 8th house wasn't enough to make us "attracted" to each other, lol.

What is your take on my analysis?

ElenaJ

One of my classmates has his Sun, Venus, and Mercury fall in my 8th house. Yet... he's not drawn to me AT ALL, and vice versa.

However, his Saturn also conjuncts my Moon very tightly, by 1 degree orb conjunction. I literally felt that heavy Saturn energy between us even before seeing his chart. It's like, I felt restricted. I couldn't express myself around him. And I could tell he felt the same way, too. Super awkward being alone together.

Synastry charts are very complex to read. You have to look at everything as a whole to see the big picture. Obviously, having 3 of his planets fall in my 8th house wasn't enough to make us "attracted" to each other, lol.

What is your take on my analysis?

Complete agreement.

ElenaJ

It may be more effective if you just meet someone, if you are attracted to them then maybe take a look at their chart.
Remember, some lasting relationships and strongest attractions contain a lot of "negative" aspects, but fulfill our karmic need in some way.
It isn't just the good ones that make or break.

katydid

Xyclo,

I don't think it is a good idea to go deeply into someone else's chart before you have your first meet up. It sets up pre-existing biases, good or bad, that might be unwarranted.

I feel like 'chemistry' is the key to new relationships. You either have it or you don't. You are feeling it or you aren't But if you get all in your head and study their chart first, you may tend to alter or block that initial chemistry. Getting in your head disconnects you from your feelings/emotional responses to the new person.

I agree with Elena that you might be better off meet them first, and then you look at their chart later. It will help you navigate things if you are attracted to them, OR it will help you to understand why you were not mutually interested.

The excitement of a new relationship is heightened by that first impression, initial
attraction, that chemistry felt in that moment.

That is hampered and even damaged by trying to 'decide' someone's worthiness by taking a quick look at their chart before meeting them. You probably won't even have the full and proper chart info, so it will not be completely valid. You may improperly 'diagnose' some suitors that could be great for you, or vice versa.

moonkat235

One of my acquaintances went on a first date with a girl and the date asked her what her sun sign is. My acquaintance went 'Sagittarius' and the other girl goes 'I've been burned before' lulllz. The date was basically over from there.

I'm not sure how you feel about your astro skillz, but personally, I'm not proficient enough to make confident assumptions on another person or even myself atm. Like katydid was saying, you might block potential chemistry. Or, you might put on rose colored glasses when seeing them and ignore some red flags. If you wind up clicking with a guy, you would've without seeing their chart anyway is how I feel.