View Single Post
Unread 09-15-2019, 04:41 PM

Re: not content with my job designation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
I see why you would want to be an architect, astrologically. Moon (deepest desires) in Taurus, the sign of the builder, and conjunct Mars, which rules your MC. Not only that, the Moon/Mars conjunction makes a strong trine to your Capricorn placements. If Taurus is the builder, Capricorn is the vision for the project, the master builder, the supervisor, and the completed project itself.

In general, Capricorn has a strong desire to achieve. Your pride in having worked hard to get where you are reflects that. If we take the archetypes of Taurus and Capricorn and apply them to literal building, it makes sense that you want your achievement to be in creating buildings.

But if you really wanted to be an architect, why did you study electronics instead?

And why do you want a Phd in architecture? That wouldn't qualify you to be an architect, just a professor of architecture. Phd's are useless for getting any job outside academia or research. In all other fields, having a Phd is a barrier to employment, because employers see you as over qualified. Unless you live outside the U.S., and a Phd is seen differently in your country? Or do you really want to study and teach architecture, not practice it?

Thank you for your insight. I always enjoyed designing simpler solutions for routine tasks. Am also a good artist - historical architectures, landscapes, and birds are usually what I gravitate towards.
I ended up taking engineering to please my parents' needs at that moment.
Do you see any restriction from parents on my career? They are hesitant to send me abroad for studies/work. I enjoy my current workplace, but can't see myself working in this position for the rest of my life.
And yes, I want to practice architecture. Why PhD? ..It was part of my long-term career plan.

Last edited by pixielord; 08-09-2020 at 04:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pixielord For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (12-16-2019)