Published Authors

07.Re

We often have hopeful forum members, myself included, who ask about aspects in our natal charts that could possibly point to becoming published authors.

I propose we start a running thread analysing authors charts, so that we can get some idea as to which aspects denote successful authors. Of course these aspects will be wide and varied as no chart is exact, but it may help us put together a listing of beneficial 'author' aspects which we can then compare to our own natal charts.

Anyone keen on joining in?

fushiafairy

yes...i can help finding birth info. I love to research. I also think using all kinds of writers- nonfiction, poetic, fantasy, mystery, etc.

07.Re

yes...i can help finding birth info. I love to research. I also think using all kinds of writers- nonfiction, poetic, fantasy, mystery, etc.

Thank you for that offer FF :)

I'll post the chart of an author soon, so that we can start picking at the aspects.

JerryRR

May I suggest,Agatha Christie,best selling author of books of all time.
Data available from astrodienst.A rated.Time given from memory.

J. :)

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Well, with Agatha Christie.. hmm i don't know much about her but i looked up that she writes detective books?

Well, her venus which rules her third house of writing is in its own house. in scorpio it would relate to something of a mysterious/dark topic.

this planet also rules her 10th house of career. Neptune and pluto in the 10th house will help her for delving deep into her mind/fantasy world and being in seclusion for writing. these planets are also receiving mercury from gemini. gemini deals with writing, communication, and logical thought (which is good for a writer- grammar, structure of language, etc.) saturn in 1st helps with this as well

ninth house of publishing is ruled by mars which very closely sextiles uranus in the third. drive towards innovation in the realm of writing/ communication.

What is interesting is both venus and mars (rulers of 3/9 communication axis) are elemntal singletons.

I don't know much about her so i won't go in depth. Another good chart to look at is Stephen King

also, i want to mention the fact that there is a difference between a talented writer and someone who makes a living from it/ gets their work published. 9th and 10th house connections to mercury and other writing significators is important for career/media acceptance.

Last edited:

fushiafairy

tolkien.

MC- Gemini
Asc-Virgo
mercury in capicorn in 4th
mercury sextile moon in 6th
mercury square saturn in 1st

Attachments

• astro_2atw_01_jrr_tolkien_8370_13955.jpg
    astro_2atw_01_jrr_tolkien_8370_13955.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 30

isismagdalenne

I wanna look at this further with you guys when I have more time. But I wanted to responde to what someone was saying previously in this thread. About anyone can be published. Ok, so I think what people interested in this might be thinking is, being published without using your own money to do it, other than whatever it may take while actually writing the book. Im currently writing a fantasy book. Dragons, werewolves, girl that randomly turns into a goat and whatnot.

isismagdalenne

hey, I have cap sun in 5th with virgo asc! I was thinking my Merc conj nep is the reason I tend toward writing fantasy

Last edited:

fushiafairy

mercury conjunct neptune....I think that would be great for writing fantasy.
I have virgo rising and capicorn on 5th cusp...no sun there though. i write fantasy also.

sun in fifth in capicorn is a great placement for steady creative output. Tolkien's sun sextiles Jupiter in 7th, sextiles mars in 2nd. His jupiter and mars trine each other completing the triangle. His creative expression had a ton of mars energy(all those fight scenes), he wrote alot(mars and jupiter) and his writings are known world wide(jupiter).
Tolkien also has neptune in Gemini in 9th with a wide 8* conjunction to MC. Pluto is there with neptune too. He wrote fantasy, but he was also a religious man who brought his faith into is writings.
His mercury sextile uranus in second and sextiles moon in six. they complete the triangle trining each other.

He was a soldier in WW1. mars in second, pluto near mc. The Lord of the Rings is dark. The characters survive, but they are scarred. Pluto conjunct neptune comes into play in his fantasy.

Last edited:

Claire19

We often have hopeful forum members, myself included, who ask about aspects in our natal charts that could possibly point to becoming published authors.

I propose we start a running thread analysing authors charts, so that we can get some idea as to which aspects denote successful authors. Of course these aspects will be wide and varied as no chart is exact, but it may help us put together a listing of beneficial 'author' aspects which we can then compare to our own natal charts.

Anyone keen on joining in?
In general published authors belong with Sag and Jupiter and the 9th.
If well known or successful then the 10th of career is also involved.
The 12th for writing and the ability to go into seclusion which is necessary.
TO be alone.
THe third house for general communications such as print media and the means of verbal expression. Editing and writing in general.

Mercury with Jupiter.. Neptune in the mix for imagination and again to go into retreat and can indicate a ghost writer.

A strong air emphasis such as Gemini and Libra. Venus with Mercury and Jupiter... THe 9th house has to be involved along with the 3rd I would say for published authors....

Although I have strong writing abilities and express these in various ways I will never have a book published as I have an empty 9th house and the ruler is Pluto conjunct Mercury so I am involved behind the scenes with the books of others as an editor and collaborator..

Last edited:

Claire19

Wonderful choice. It's that Cap Sun in the 5th that is responsible for very productive, super-creative, voluminous work.
Capricorn Sun in the 5th can give creativity that deals with children and the young....Discipline in general. However it is the Mercury aspects that deal with writing and it is the chart ruler......as well as other indications.

Last edited:

Claire19

hey, I have cap sun in 5th with virgo asc! I was thinking my Merc conj nep is the reason I tend toward writing fantasy
Mercury conjunct Neptune is a fantasy aspect for sure.
Good imagination and even can tap into the other realms psychically for inspiration.

As always we need to see the aspects in the context of the whole chart.

Claire19

I wanna look at this further with you guys when I have more time. But I wanted to responde to what someone was saying previously in this thread. About anyone can be published. Ok, so I think what people interested in this might be thinking is, being published without using your own money to do it, other than whatever it may take while actually writing the book. Im currently writing a fantasy book. Dragons, werewolves, girl that randomly turns into a goat and whatnot.
If you are saying that anyone can be published that is not true.
If the natal chart does not promise it, it wont happen.
II wish you luck with your efforts......

Horus

Ruler is Mercury and in the 4th can write from home and about family.
Capricorn Sun in the 5th can give discipline with hobbies and creativity.
Doesnt necessarily deal with authorship.

It does for what Tolkien did, and he couldn't have done all that he did without it! The 5th is the house of creative self-expression and the Sun is the will and purpose and the most powerful unit in astrology. That's what's required for creating an entire world replete with history, mythology, and hundreds of detailed characters, and it takes dedicated hard work (Cap) to write the sheer quantity of material on that subject that he did throughout his life. The foundation for that imaginary world was written while in the trenches of World War I France!

Horus

sun in fifth in capicorn is a great placement for steady creative output. Tolkien's sun sextiles Jupiter in 7th, sextiles mars in 2nd. His jupiter and mars trine each other completing the triangle. His creative expression had a ton of mars energy(all those fight scenes), he wrote alot(mars and jupiter) and his writings are known world wide(jupiter).

Excellent observations!

Tolkien also has neptune in Gemini in 9th with a wide 8* conjunction to MC. Pluto is there with neptune too. He wrote fantasy, but he was also a religious man who brought his faith into is writings.

No I don't think so; he denounced religious allegory in his foreword, and here's a quote:

"I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence."