Fixed Star 26TAU10 ALGOL

medusa.jpg

ALGOL

Medusa was a beautiful Vestal Virgin in the Parthenon in Athens. Poseidon seduced and raped her in the temple. Medusa became vengeful towards men. Athena punished her....

I wrote this yesterday: Toward the end of the lunch recess, I saw enter the foyer. Black stiletto's, tight black mid-length skirt, starched white blouse, long dark hair tied back crisply in a high ponytail. Our eyes fixed in a stare. She glided across the floor, eyes not moving off me. The most powerful I had ever seen her. Her best ever Medusa death stare. My adrenalin kicked in hardcore. Me, one mere mortal faced with her, threatened with losing her offspring to me. I summoned up all I had and gave her my best sly grin. Her eyes finally left me as she went past. That was worth the seven years alone. My fondest memory of her, to see her in all her power. We must have done something right. She has Pars Fortunae on Algol.

So who has Algol in their chart? How does it compare to the interpretations?

enigmas

i think that is not so big aspect...to have some planet on algol that would be intersting but pars fortune...:cool:

my north node is on algol in 9th house but like i said i think only conjunction with planet would be significant

enigmas

The orb to use in consideration is generally considered to be 1 degree (smaller for declinations), however certain stars such as Algol,Sirius,Spica and the four Royal Stars (Aldebaran,Regulus,Antares and Fomalhaut) are sometimes given a larger orb due to the apparent strength of their affect.

freedomlover

The orb to use in consideration is generally considered to be 1 degree (smaller for declinations), however certain stars such as Algol,Sirius,Spica and the four Royal Stars (Aldebaran,Regulus,Antares and Fomalhaut) are sometimes given a larger orb due to the apparent strength of their affect.
Thank you, Enigmas. I knew I'd read somewhere that certain stars were given a larger orb than others, and I thought Algol was one of them. It seems I also read that the orb with these larger stars was up to 5 degrees.
Does that seem too much?

FL

Night Sky

I know someone with it conjunct Sun. This person at times makes an excuse for destroying something which sounds like this... "I am a BEAST... that is the reason I broke it, made a mess of it...."

Algol is described as a beast, and actually come to think of it the nature of Taurus Tropical, is "beast". Though I am not sure which constellation Sidereal algol is in... is it in Aries or Taurus Sidereal?

archergirl

The general orb for Algol and the Royal Stars is 3 degrees, due to their magnitude and influence in a chart. 1 degree orb for the others.

:) AG

Night Sky

archergirl said:
The general orb for Algol and the Royal Stars is 3 degrees, due to their magnitude and influence in a chart. 1 degree orb for the others.

Has to be conjunction right?

Night Sky

archergirl said:

What about interpretations.....

Awakened_Pisces

Chiron(Wounded warrior) conjunct Algol(Violence) probably means that you're going to go through a great deal of violence. Probably becausew you've committed said violence in your past life. Or someone from a past life committed violence unto you and that person is here in the present day human realm.

Night Sky

Confusedpisces said:
Chiron(Wounded warrior) conjunct Algol(Violence) probably means that you're going to go through a great deal of violence. Probably becausew you've committed said violence in your past life. Or someone from a past life committed violence unto you and that person is here in the present day human realm.

Is Algol really VIOLENT in every case?

I find this not coroberative with any people that I know with planets conjunct 26 Taurus. Namely Mars and Sun.... perhaps it is hidden in someway?

Awakened_Pisces

I don't think it is, then again. It's not in that program you recommended me too. And I don't know where to find the star Algol on Astro, so I'm not sure where to pinpoint Algol on my chart. But I'll say this. I always believed Saturn to be the greatest malific of them all. He has his positives, but he can really be a pain in the behind

enigmas said:
Spot on. Anne Wright used to have a thing on her site about orb relating to magnitude. Using that I came up with 54' for Algol.

PS. I'm off the happy pills now, thanks.:)