having issues coping with my 'uniqueness'

miquar

Hi again. I thought I'd look into the MBTI thing, as I'm sadly very ignorant about it. The quick (50 question) test I did seems very accurate to me. I was attributed with a strong preference for introversion over than extraversion; a strong preference for intuition rather than sensing; a moderate preference for feeling over thinking (thinking is my 'superior function', but my feelings are very strong); and a very slight preference for judging over perceiving. So apparently I am INFJ, though I do believe that the F does become a T sometimes and that the J is probably stronger than the test suggests. I do have a mixture of elements in my chart, but am probably a Thinking type with Fire as auxillary function, and definitely introverted. I suspect that I don't fit partlicularly easily into one of the types.

Since the types are based on the Jungian types, I'm interested in the fact that you identify with the INFJ, Gigglestomp. I wonder if you feel like doing this test and seeing what you get. I'd be very interested in how our scores compare given the differences in our charts...

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

miquar

Also, does anyone understand why the types come with a description of one function being introverted and the other extroverted?

GiggleStomp

I think chiron (conj. south node) and saturn (conj. n node) both have a way of messing with your mind. With chiron there is alot of 'i am not capable' (whether that's true or not, lots of times I am perfectly capable of doing whatever it is, I am just having a pity party or feel inferior at the time) and with saturn touching my node I've always found myself to be very very hard on myself until I manage to do things perfectly, to my standards. I am not sure if I agree with the way people explain saturn. I've always thought of saturn as being extremely thorough and power hungry, not for the sake of power but for the need for security. Saturn can be fearful but I don't believe that's his most obvious or important quality. a comfortable saturn is a confident, strong, admirable Saturn. both chiron and saturn have a way of making me feel like I can't or am not allowed until I reason with that side of myself and ease into something then fallow through thoroughly. The more I accomplish what I initially labled impossible the more grounded confidence I get. IDK, saturn gets better with age, too. I think he gets a really bad rap though.

GiggleStomp

last time i checked i was an infj. I used to be obsessed with those quizzes and personality types. I'll take the test a little later when i get home from work. I think they mean that some types are just introverted dominant, but we all switch back and forth.