Zollar Diploma Course

mossadrai

Hey guys,

I've heard quite a lot about New Library and their relation to Robert Zollar, therefore I need an opinion from you... The Medieval Astrology Diploma Course (DMA) is being sold by £199.00 (some US$ 300).

Is this the right place for me to buy it or should I try to find the book somewhere else, maybe even directly from Robert Zollar?

Since it is not a bargain, I would like to be sure I am buying the right thing.

JUPITERASC

Hey guys,

I've heard quite a lot about New Library and their relation to Robert Zollar, therefore I need an opinion from you... The Medieval Astrology Diploma Course (DMA) is being sold by £199.00 (some US$ 300).

Is this the right place for me to buy it or should I try to find the book somewhere else, maybe even directly from Robert Zollar?

Since it is not a bargain, I would like to be sure I am buying the right thing.
Hi mossadrai - I posted the following comment earlier this year in mid June on the Rank of Fame thread quoting Clelia Romano's statement that Zoller has not taught since 2004 http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=479397#post479397

THERE IS ANOTHER SITE OFFERING THIS COURSE
http://www.virginastrology.com/library/shop/products/diploma-course-medieval-astrology-books-i-ii
Curiouser and curiouser – so who is 'the real Zoller'??? :smile:

I found clues at
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/forums/v...&start=0&sid=e1a4c24f0e79c13a29859555cf034248 which discusses Zoller's illness/health issues 20 June 2010 - three years ago now and the most recent post was made there almost a year ago on 24 August 2012

QUOTE:

Deborah Houlding:

'….based on my knowledge of a number of astrological associations that were made with New Library around the same period of time, my belief is that Robert Zoller made a business deal with them, and then later regretted it but was bound by the contract.

So I think it's a legitimate site, with a legitimate right to sell his work, but I'm pretty certain that Robert Zoller is no longer happy about the arrangement, and so no longer endorses the product. I'm speculating but its not hard for anyone involved to give a more official clarification if I'm wrong.....'

Chris Brennan:

'….from talking to Zoller the issue is he hasn't been paid for any of the products that have been sold through New Library for years.

So, while they have legitimate right to sell his work because he signed a contract, Zoller himself is no longer involved and is not receiving any profits from his courses or books. I don't know New Library's story.

That being the case, anyone who signs up for the course through them is being taught with Zoller's materials, and they are basically learning from his course, but they are not being taught by Robert Zoller himself.....'

Clelia Romano:

'....Robert Zoller wrote the CMA and DMA at request of New Library, particularly Luke Andrews, they both corrected issues in Tools and Techniques.

Luke Andrews studied traditional astrology but astrology is not his first interest, although he is skilful scholar - he corrected my examination test - writing important things besides all my answers, and I have them in my mind still now.

Luke Andrews corrects the examination tests and Zoller himself confirmed personally in 2007 that these were elaborated by Zoller. I chose not to opt for tuition 2004, because I heard that Zoller was not stable to give lessons since that time....'

So then, it seems that since
2004 Zoller himself has not given lessons

mossadrai

this is indeed what I know from the New Library-Zoller relation... sad to know that they didn't come to a good agreement about their course, and that NL is selling Zoller's course legally but with this kind of bad feelings from his part...

Now a parallel topic... Maybe you, Jupiterasc, already has the course and can tell me that... Is it possible to buy the course together with friends? Let's say, three friends each one helping with 100 dollars?

JUPITERASC

this is indeed what I know from the New Library-Zoller relation... sad to know that they didn't come to a good agreement about their course, and that NL is selling Zoller's course legally but with this kind of bad feelings from his part...

Now a parallel topic... Maybe you, Jupiterasc, already has the course and can tell me that... Is it possible to buy the course together with friends? Let's say, three friends each one helping with 100 dollars?
INTERVIEW WITH ROBERT ZOLLER http://www.skyscript.co.uk/zoller.html
provides an email address for Robert Zoller Email: robertezoller@hotmail.com

Omnisphericus says he completed Zoller's course and has posted several threads on the Traditional Astrology forum using Zoller's methods as well as other methods
- experiment with sending Omnisphericus a pm
and he may advise you better than I
because my main interest is Ancient Babylonian Astrology,
I discuss medieval, Hellenistic and other methods
simply because many ancient texts are almost daily being translated
and we have unprecedented access to the original words of ancient astrologers with reliable translations
:smile:

sea_of_qi

Thank you both very much. I have been contemplating taking Zoller's course just recently. Now I will pm Omnispericus and send Mr. Zoller an email and see what happens.

mossadrai, if you wind up taking the course, I would like to know how it worked out for you. Thanks again.

mossadrai

Hello, Sea of Qi... I decided not to pm Omnisphericus when I saw he has not been active in the forum for a long time... And I was going to write Robert, but since you are going to do that first, as it seems, let's make a deal, if and when he answers you tell me what happened, and if and when I take up the course I'll give you my position and opinion. Ok?

JUPITERASC

Hello, Sea of Qi... I decided not to pm Omnisphericus when I saw he has not been active in the forum for a long time...

And I was going to write Robert, but since you are going to do that first, as it seems, let's make a deal, if and when he answers you tell me what happened, and if and when I take up the course I'll give you my position and opinion. Ok?
There's always email...

clicking on the avatar shows various alternatives
including pm and email to the member

mossadrai

Jupiterasc and sea of qi, I have just bought the Zoller course, and NL sent me all the files to download. It is very very interesting!

sea_of_qi

So, the virginastrology.com website is related to and endorsed by Zoller. I found the Chris Brennan radio interview with Zoller and he specifically mentions the virgin site as the place to go. It seems it is Zoller's students that do the correspondence-tutoring.

If you go to robertzoller.com, it comes up in Chinese. So, I didn't bother to email robertzoller@hotmail.com

Omnisphericus never replied to my pm and there is no option to email him.

I hope your studies are going well mossadrai! The only complaints I found about the New Library were slow responses and rudeness in the tutoring. I am planning to get started with the virgin site later this year when time permits. I hope you are still around.

mossadrai

Hello, sea of qi.

I haven't heard about virginastrology and since I wanted to begin the lessons I ended up buying the course in New Library. I am studying the material it is very interesting, although I think most of the time Zoller lacks the didactics and is overly wordy. Sometimes I have the impression that a lesson that could be written in 6 or 7 pages is on purpose written to occuppy 30 or more pages (like the lesson on delineating fortune and profession in the chart). This has annoyed me more than the slow responses of New Library.

Besides that, the course is very interesting, and when Zoller goes to the point, it is a lot of interesting things to learn.

poyi

Premium Member
I also find his books very wordy, I bought quite a few from New Library and not simplified enough for easy uderstand. I do prefer simple direct approach of teaching with table, point form and examples. Properly not the best teaching style for me. I even just asked horary if I should also take the course and it is Moon conjoined but separating Saturn in Scorpio both in 12th house hahahahahah 3rd is Aquarius Sun in detriment ruling over 9th house Leo of higher eduction. Moon made no approaching aspect to any planet only 5 approaching square to MC in Leo. The funny thing is 3rd house detrimental sun ruler of 9th just completed but separating the sextile to AC I think that expressed my desire to learn but the will is weak hahahahahah

mossadrai

I also find his books very wordy, I bought quite a few from New Library and not simplified enough for easy uderstand. I do prefer simple direct approach of teaching with table, point form and examples. Properly not the best teaching style for me. I even just asked horary if I should also take the course and it is Moon conjoined but separating Saturn in Scorpio both in 12th house hahahahahah 3rd is Aquarius Sun in detriment ruling over 9th house Leo of higher eduction. Moon made no approaching aspect to any planet only 5 approaching square to MC in Leo. The funny thing is 3rd house detrimental sun ruler of 9th just completed but separating the sextile to AC I think that expressed my desire to learn but the will is weak hahahahahah

Wow, how interesting! Your horary analysis made me laugh, lol.

I too have a serious problem with wordy books and/or teachers. It always gives me one of two impressions, that the author thought something like that: 1) I don't have that much to teach (the teaching part is very little) and then I need to "stuff" and "fill" the text with other things or 2) I need to boast myself on how much I have researched and how much I know...

poyi

Premium Member
Wow, how interesting! Your horary analysis made me laugh, lol.

I too have a serious problem with wordy books and/or teachers. It always gives me one of two impressions, that the author thought something like that: 1) I don't have that much to teach (the teaching part is very little) and then I need to "stuff" and "fill" the text with other things or 2) I need to boast myself on how much I have researched and how much I know...

I fully agree. Other than the course structure and contents you also need to consider teaching style. To see if you would be benefited by this teacher would be to me as important as the content of the course. Maybe I am too dumb or simply lack of patience. I tend to go directly to application then I will go back to learn the theories. But most people like to go through historical research then theories then practice. I usual go directingly on trying it out first then learned from mistakes or learned from asking how I got it right or wrong by referring back to theories and rules. Not the usual learning pathway....most people won't agree with this. I like to ask questions, finding answer instead of being fed with information. I will feel like being brain washed....

JUPITERASC

In fairness to Zoller :smile:

Keep in mind that Zoller is bound by a contract he regrets he made with New Library

and

Zoller DOES NOT ENDORSE NEW LIBRARY products
and
Zoller does not endorse the course New Library are using Zoller's name to sell

Issue is that

Zoller has not been paid for the products sold through New Library for years

and

Zoller has not taught since 2004
due to illness

Anyone doing the New Library course is not being taught personally by Zoller

Zoller does not respond to questions asked by students on the New Library course

Zoller has not updated the New Library course for at least ten years
so the New Library course does not reflect Zoller's current views :smile:

QUOTE:

Deborah Houlding:

'….based on my knowledge of a number of astrological associations that were made with New Library around the same period of time,
my belief is that Robert Zoller made a business deal with them, and then later regretted it but was bound by the contract.

So I think it's a legitimate site,
with a legitimate right to sell his work,
but I'm pretty certain that Robert Zoller is no longer happy about the arrangement,
and so no longer endorses the product
I'm speculating but its not hard for anyone involved to give a more official clarification if I'm wrong.....'

Chris Brennan:

'….from talking to Zoller the issue is he hasn't been paid for any of the products that have been sold through New Library for years.

So, while they have legitimate right to sell his work because he signed a contract,
Zoller himself is no longer involved
and is not receiving any profits from his courses or books
I don't know New Library's story.

That being the case, anyone who signs up for the course through them
is being taught with Zoller's materials,
and they are basically learning from his course,
but they are not being taught by Robert Zoller himself.
....'

Clelia Romano:

'....Robert Zoller wrote the CMA and DMA at request of New Library, particularly Luke Andrews, they both corrected issues in Tools and Techniques.

Luke Andrews studied traditional astrology but astrology is not his first interest, although he is skilful scholar - he corrected my examination test - writing important things besides all my answers, and I have them in my mind still now.

Luke Andrews corrects the examination tests
and Zoller himself confirmed personally in 2007
that these were elaborated by Zoller.
I chose not to opt for tuition 2004, b
ecause I heard that Zoller was not stable to give lessons since that time.
...'

So then, it seems that since
2004 Zoller himself has not given lessons

poyi

Premium Member
I think John Frawley may have some diploma course can't be sure from memory; but I don't recall Hand has any. I have a few collections of Brady classes. To me she is the best and easiest style to my learning. Robert Hand also very good but he doesn't do that kind of teaching that allows you to be a bit more beginner. He would be great for advanced students while Brady is clean and simple yet teaching effective tools. Personally speaking I feel comfortable learning from her to start with then can process to more complex astrologers like Hand and Zollar.

Reading good quality books always help. Is always best to invest a bit on person library. I have this ridiculous Fear...if tomorrow is the end of the world I shall preserve all the great astrology books today for the seek of mankind. Just my excuse on collecting books...

JUPITERASC

I think John Frawley may have some diploma course can't be sure from memory; but I don't recall Hand has any. I have a few collections of Brady classes. To me she is the best and easiest style to my learning. Robert Hand also very good but he doesn't do that kind of teaching that allows you to be a bit more beginner. He would be great for advanced students while Brady is clean and simple yet teaching effective tools. Personally speaking I feel comfortable learning from her to start with then can process to more complex astrologers like Hand and Zoller.
To be fair to Robert Hand, Zoller and Robert Schmidt
it is because
English is not your native language
that you have a barrier to your understanding of Zoller, Schmidt et al
although they are classical scholars
their courses are written with the native English speaker in mind

Brady learned everything she knows
from Traditional and ancient astrology
Reading good quality books always help. Is always best to invest a bit on person library. I have this ridiculous Fear...if tomorrow is the end of the world I shall preserve all the great astrology books today for the seek of mankind. Just my excuse on collecting books...
Vettius Valens had exactly the same idea two thousand years ago
and faithfully chronicled the techniques of astrologers who were considered ancient in Valens own time
some of those astrologers had preceded him by three hundred years or more

Valens titled his book THE ANTHOLOGY and there is a free pdf available online
translated from original Ancient Greek by Professor Riley at
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf

Excellent new course in HELLENISTIC NATAL ASTROLOGY
offered by Robert Schmidt, Project Hindsight
http://www.projecthindsight.com/

poyi

Premium Member
To be fair to Robert Hand, Zoller and Robert Schmidt
it is because
English is not your native language
that you have a barrier to your understanding of Zoller, Schmidt et al
although they are classical scholars
their courses are written with the native English speaker in mind

Brady learned everything she knows
from Traditional and ancient astrology

Vettius Valens had exactly the same idea two thousand years ago
and faithfully chronicled the techniques of astrologers who were considered ancient in Valens own time
some of those astrologers had preceded him by three hundred years or more

Valens titled his book THE ANTHOLOGY and there is a free pdf available online
translated from original Ancient Greek by Professor Riley at
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf

Excellent new course in HELLENISTIC NATAL ASTROLOGY
offered by Robert Schmidt, Project Hindsight
http://www.projecthindsight.com/

I have at least five Zoller's books. I also have The Anthology book. I didn't say that they are not good astrologers. I simply expressed myself understood Brady better; first she speaks Austrialian English where I lived here for more than 12 years of my 30 years of life. I prefer her language, practical demonstrations, so suggested if people found Zoller too difficult to understand could try to learn from Brady first which she also teaches first hand by herself and wrote her own teaching materials, power points and records those lectures and conferences herself and in low price and at time even on sale which are affordable. Zoller doesn't teach first hand anymore. And his writing style is difficult for me to understand but I have no problem with Robert Hand I also owned 7 of his books even the Herbrew classic translated to English The Beginning of Wisdom edited by Hand and The Anthology I can also understand. I found your words offensive, forceful, containing racist comments and saying my English is not good enough to understand your own ideal of Great astrologers ever existed according to your standard.

Last edited: