Curious about my birth chart

DreamOfDawn

Hi! I'm new here! I have always been quite interest in astrology, and I have make an attempt in reading my own birth chart....just not sure if I got it read right. :confused: Now, I'm just wondering if anyone here can make an attempt in reading my birth chart. (Kinda just want some sort of confirmation if I'm even on the right track...)

Here's my birth info:

Birthdate: January 9th, 1989
Birthplace: Guangzhou, China
Birthtime: 15:30 (time zone--China's time zone......it's -8 right??)

DreamOfDawn

What? I'm a strange person.....? That's new, what do you mean by that? How does the chart show?? Anyways, from my own reading.....I don't seem to be able to find a clear career path (no indication of what I might do as my career....from what I can see). As well, it seems to indicate that I have a very troubled love life......but really, in reality, I don't think I'll be the kind with a troubled love life......in fact, I'm 18, never have a relationship before and still happy......kinda want to keep it that way:p. So, I guess I want to know if you can see some sort of career path in my birth chart, because I'm certainly in a mist. Also, just what do you mean I'm a strange person, really interested to know.

Lissa

hI there Dream of Dawn,

Could you please post your chart here,so I can take a look?

Well I could a cast a chart myself but I'm too lazy for that:p.

Greetings,
Lissa

wilsontc

Staff member
Jupiter, to Dream

Dream,

Jupiter (expansion, also opportunity) focused in the 12th house (house anciently ruled by Jupiter) indicates a lucky person. This was called being "born under a lucky star". You are "protected" from things in some way. And the strong focus on the 7th house (relationships), indicates you focus on relationships.

Simply,

Tim

Spin

Some quick observations:

Most of your planets are in the West so emphasis is on relationships. Partners are important and your work will involve constant interactions.

You'll have contact with many different types of people, from all walks of life and of different backgrounds. With the 9th emphasis (if your 3:30 pm birth time is correct), teaching, writing/publishing, legal profession are possible.

Travel or moves to foreign locations is strong with ruler of 4th in 9th.

Gemini rising, Mercury in air conjunct Moon indicates your excellent communicative abilities. Maybe electronic communication with the Aquarian placement.

Transiting Saturn is approaching a trine to natal Venus, then to Saturn & Neptune so relationship and career opportunities coming up...

DreamOfDawn

Spin: Interesting observation...when I was eight, I immigranted to Canada, so that means you're right about moving to foreign locations. However, I'm not so sure about contacting with different types of people or having excellent communicative abilities.......in fact, most of the time, people don't seem to understand me. In fact, I'm a kind of a loner (by choice--nonetheless). Although, I admit that I'm quite interested in writing, and for the people who really knows me (only a few in this world, really), they all said that I have good, yet odd observation on human nature. Other than that, I don't think I'll be the kind who will interact with people a whole lot...Oh yeah, I really stink at computer stuff, so electronic communication seem to be out of the question.

Interesting, relationship and career opportunities coming up, huh? If so, that's lucky as Tim said......because I just recently graduated and quited my part-time job.......so I really have nothing to do. Feel such a bum! >_<

Last edited:

Lissa

Hi there Dream of Dawn!

You have most planets above the horizon-your personality is focused on the 'outer world'.With the outers in the 7th,the relationship field can be quite rocky,even if you do focus a lot on it-probably more on 'flings' than on serious things(Libra on the5th house cusp and Venus in Saggie;also the Moon in Aquarius).You have a great interesting in exploring,learning and contacting with people from new places,it would not surprise me if you marry to a foreigner(both rulers of the9th are in the7th).With Neptune in the7th,there may be a tendency to be easily deluded in relationships

With Gemini rising and the chart ruler in Aquarius in the9th and so close to the Moon,it should be easy for you to gain other people's sympathy.However,you have a great depth of feelings and hide an intensity that may be not evident at first,since you have Moon/Mercury square Pluto and Sun sextile Pluto as well.With the Capricorn Sun in the8th,the 'real' you may take a little bit to come out,and you may even feel a little bit reserved about sharing your most private things with others.

All the best,
Lissa

DreamOfDawn

Wow, more interesting observation.....now, I start to wonder if the chart's even talking about me...maybe my life's still young?

For one, I positive that I won't be easily deceived, not only because I don't believe in relationship (for me in this life time at least---I probably have relationships in other life times before, but whatever) or flings (seriously, like what?--Just not like me...I mean, I think about it, but NO. I know I like to ramble, so please bear with me), but I also could almost instantly feel whenever a person is trying to deceive me (it's in the family gene).

Easy for me to gain other people's sympathy? Maybe, but I don't really pay attention to this detail anyways.

Anyways, I'm really curious about the position of the Jupiter in my chart, because Tim said that I'm quite lucky, but Virinchi said that I'm strange...so am I strange or lucky, or both? If I'm strange, what makes me so strange? I read Jupiter in house 12 before, but it doesn't seem to indicate that I'm strange.

Spin

Just the huge move from China to Canada has made you interact with different types of people, certainly a greater variety than if you would have stayed around your natal birth location.

The tendency to solitude probably reflects Capricorn in your chart but your Aquarian Moon does have an interest in people. And interaction doesn't necessarily mean face to face but, because of the Uranian influence, can express electronically, through email, the internet, etc. (writing to this forum via the computer is electronic communication).

You have natural writing talent and should pursue work where you can use it. And although you may feel the people in your immediate environment don't understand you, all your posts here have been articulate and easily understood.

What was your major in college?

DreamOfDawn

Just recently graduated in high school. I'll be working toward a business major this coming fall. But I'm not sure if I'm even going in the right direction. Hopefully, I am.

Wow, no wonder I have a tendency to solitude...come and think of it, I like to analyze people from time to time.

Spin

Oops, didn't look at your age. Am glad you're going to school this fall--there should be some nice opportunities. And a business major fits with your Capricorn emphasis. Do you speak Chinese? That could open doors for you.
Seems more travel is in your future...

DreamOfDawn

Are you serious Spin? Even with the Capricorn influence, in reality, I can't really see myself being able to survive in the compeitive world of Business. I really just decided on Business because I can't take Sciences (scared of dissections and such). I am aware that Capricorns generally excell decently in the business world (my aunt is one example). I'm just not compeitive enough.

Yeah, I speak Chinese. Also, currently learning French, and self-teaching myself Japanese. Thinking about learning Korean too, but right now, the language scares me a little, because of the hard pronunciation...I already have enough trouble pronuncing French.

That brings me, I know in my chart, it shows that I have a good ability of learning languages, but I really don't see that happening (French is a great example). All I'm seeing is that I have an interest in learning foreign languages.

Anyways, thanks a lot everybody. That's a lot of help of clearing some of the concern that I have with my chart (I was starting to doubt my memory of my own birth time). Now, I'm just gonna go and try to analyze my chart again. Yes, I'm going to try to dissect every portion of it. =P