Why didn't this relationship work out with so many great aspects?

Vista

your composite chart has a venus opposed to jupiter,so there was a strong affection and a feeling that this was a long term relationship.this oppositon also implies thatfinacial matters were very good.with the venus/sun midpoint square to the ascendant,the affection between you radiated love.with the mars/venus midpont square to the jupiter/moon midpoint,here again are symbols that this felt as if a committment was in the furture as this is a very loving and nurturing configuration.
but saturn is square to jupiter and vensu ,so here is a indication that there would be tough emotional problems and a hesistancy to commit in a relationship.
also a problem was the mars opposed to neptune.this can show that he had ulterior motives and wasn't being forthright with you.as the mercury/uranus and mercury/pluto midpoints are conjunct neptune and opposed to mars,there was a potential for forceful or violent mental confrontations.it seems he kept this hostility under wraps so it wasn't clear what would set him off.
this potential for physical agression is also shown by the sun square the mars/saturn midpoint.with pluto/neptune also square the sun,there is a possibility of alchol or other substances playing a part in his sudden changes .
with the mercury/neptune midpoint conjunct the sun/venus midpoint,it seems he may have been telling you what you wanted to hear,as this configuraton shows a deceptive nature.this duplicity is also foreshadowed by the neptune/saturn midpoint conjunct the sun.this is an aspect of a complicated relationship that often involves misrepresentation.as well as bring alcohol or other substances under scrutiny.
with the jupiter/uranus midpoint opposed to mercury, it seems that there was always an uncertainty about formalizing the relationship.
the 12 house position of saturn and chiron often indicate that the childhood was difficult and a need to be controlling and dominate in relationships can arise as a reaction to the insecurities of the childhood experiences.
saturn square to jupiter could ultimatey indicate that there were going to be financial problems or that his insecurity was focusing on financial condition more that love.
rahu

Oh my Gosh Rahu, EVERYTHING you have said is soooo amazingly accurate. I am just astounded!!! Thank you for this and for all the time and effort you put into the chart reading. Never had i thought to put so much thought into a composite chart, but clearly I was mistaken. There is so much detail in your description of what went on in our relationship...everything from his violent temper outbursts, to my not knowing what would set him off, to the alchohol being involved, to the uncertainty of solidifying the relationship, to his having a bad childhood and wanting to control everything. Just amazing! The other thing I will certainly look at are the Mid Points. I haven't done much with them in the past other than Sun/Moon, but I will look more closely from this point on.
Again, I can't thank you enough as not only did it clarify things greatly(as did the readings from the astrologers who kindly gave me their interpretation), it also taught be a great deal about synastry in composite chart reading and how telling inner "workings" of the relationship will be.
Vista

elumen

Rahu, good job! What system are you using in interpreting the charts here -- is that some type of modern astrology? When you speak of midpoints do you mean the composite chart planets or the actual midpoints between the planets in the composite?

Vista, I'm glad it helps you process out your loss. I love astrology for that -- for finding more meaning and understanding. BTW, I do not think that Saturn on Asc is a definite indication of a difficulty relationship. In my case, for e.g. I loved the man who placed his Saturn on my Asc dearly, and there was a lot of tenderness and warmth from my side, but he was cold and unappreciateve of me. ALthough, I believe it could have worked out differently. It was just his choice.

starlink

Rahu, my compliments! This is a true lesson in Midpoints. Strangely enough just a few days ago I was heavily involved in midpoints (my own chart) and decided to make a list of them in "order of appearance" counterclock wise, so that I could keep a better eye on them when they would be transited. I am very pleased to see how you did this interpretation almost entirely based on midpoint theory.
There is not much about this issue in the forum and maybe there should be an article about it in our Education Board as this is, to me, a very important point of astrological view:)

Thanks again.
Starlink

rahu

Banned
Thank you all for your appreciation of my analysis.

elumen, i was using composite midpoints.Some question using midpoints of midpoints,since the composite chart is itself a function of midpoints.but, the concept of "double" midpoints goes back to Ebertin's classic midpoint work.

starlink,
funny i was thinking about a monograph on midpoint analysis in composites.i'll mull your suggestion around.

thanks again all

Vista

Vista, I'm glad it helps you process out your loss. I love astrology for that -- for finding more meaning and understanding. BTW, I do not think that Saturn on Asc is a definite indication of a difficulty relationship. In my case, for e.g. I loved the man who placed his Saturn on my Asc dearly, and there was a lot of tenderness and warmth from my side, but he was cold and unappreciateve of me. ALthough, I believe it could have worked out differently. It was just his choice.[/QUOTE]

Hi Elumen,
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I would agree Saturn on the ASC is not completely a deal breaker, but it worked out just as you said with my being very warm and loving with and him being cold and appreciative of me. He was very critical of me as well. I will, if anything be very Leary of dating someone again with this aspect regardless.

jjj

Saturn conjunct to luminaries and angles in synastry can be very restrictive, but very binding. I had with someone sun-saturn con/opp double whammy and even though the relship was not a good one, we both had trouble ending it. We were just bound together.
I think that it is a karmic lesson, an old dept repaid.

Vista

Saturn conjunct to luminaries and angles in synastry can be very restrictive, but very binding. I had with someone sun-saturn con/opp double whammy and even though the relship was not a good one, we both had trouble ending it. We were just bound together.
I think that it is a karmic lesson, an old dept repaid.

Yes, we did have a hard time letting go of each other until now when it's gotten very, very ugly with some really vile things said to each other. Impossible to repair anything at this point, and I am just speaking about friendship. I would say you are definitely correct about it being a karmic lesson. My Chiron sits on his Moon in the 12th, so that tells me old wounds that need healing. Sure didn't heal this time around! Oh well, maybe the next life... :annoyed: