Surgery?

piercethevale

Howdy.
I'm not at all versed or studied at all in Horary astrology.
Some of you may know or remember that on March 31st last year I was rushed to the hospital with abdominal pain and was given emergency surgery for diverticulitis and had a colostomy.
That day Uranus was conj. my natal Part of Damage [Asc. + Neptune - Mars] which is at 04* Aries 58' 23" and within 1* of orb conjunction to my natal Part of Surgery [Asc. + Saturn - Mars] at 05* Aries 22' 55".
The hospital bill was about $145,000.00, Medicare paid about $42,000.00 of that, my co-payment was about $2000.00 and the hospital claims it wrote the rest off. [which I think means...they broke even or made a little money off the surgery and hospital stay. I was in the hospital almost 12 days and spent 8 days on a morphine drip. ...I had never had anything stronger than codeine before and only a little bit of that...morphine, while it does kill pain, is about the creepiest drug I have ever been on...WEIRD...and it made my skin crawl!]

The surgeon was all negative about reconstructive surgery at the time and up until my last visit with him in July last year. I was supposed to see him in November for a consultation but put it off until a couple of weeks ago.
He kept telling me how old I am, how hard on my overall physical health/condition it would be...etc.
Now, He's all for it...walked right into the examination room, all smiles, saying..."Well, you all ready for us to put you back together?" ...which confuses the daylights out of me. Not a single word about my age and physical condition...just..."When would you like it done?"

Here's what is really unnerving me.
He told me there was absolutely no cancer in my body last year...but my Part of Cancer aka Part of Malignancy [which is a modern, trans-Saturnian Part derived from Asc. + Neptune - Jupiter, of which I have no experience with and don't even know IF IT IS a Part concerning Cancer or Malignancies] is 09* Aries 38' 31". Right where Uranus is sitting presently [I mean...what are the odds?...sheeesh....]
Then today I found out that medicare has cut back some more and my co-payment for monthly med supplies [colostomy equipment] went from $20.00 a month to about $70.00 a month [yeah, can you believe it?].

So, what I'd like to know, if I'm asking this question correctly, is Surgery, this year before summer, a good idea? The concept of which is being cancer free and also living on without complications [or even death on the operating table]. Also as for the reason that Uranus will go retrograde back over this Part of Malignancy in October of this year and in early Feb. of next year.
The other scary thing is a colonoscopy. I know of two people that had it and, during which, the procedure fouled up and their colon was punctured and then were left in a seriously ****** up state.

So, I asked myself the question this afternoon...can I [meaning am I physically capable of enduring one], and will I, survive an operation this year?

I wasn't sure which House system to use, so I have cast it with Placidus [which is all I use in natal and mundane, to my complete satisfaction.] and in Whole House chart form.

I would be very grateful for any assistance/opinions with this matter.
[I may ask my clairvoyant about this but she has some sort of rule pertaining to medical questions and I don't think she will give me any advice...I'm not sure...but if I do ask her, I will post what she says and if I do have the operation, I'll be back with a summation.]
Thank you, ptv

Attachments

• Horary Operation Whole Hse..jpg
    Horary Operation Whole Hse..jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Horary Operation Placidus Hse..jpg
    Horary Operation Placidus Hse..jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

piercethevale

Well, I just noticed that the Sun and Mars is conj. my natal Mercury @ 27* Aries 57'...and the N. Node conj. my natal Asc. @ 17* Scorpio 10' and my part of Destiny @ 16* Scorpio 32'.
I know it is of no consequence to a Horary question but just found it to be somewhat synchronistically appropriate for my mind to be asking this question today.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st house = Virgo = Mercury
-Lot of Operations (ascendant+jupiter-sun) falls @ 15 Virgo
-Lot of Rectitude (doing the right thing) (ascendant+mars-mercury) falls @ 10 Libra
Analysis regarding the Lots:
-querent Mercury flows toward the Lot of Operations (+) but flows away from (headed to opposition with) the Lot of Rectitude (right action) (-) = net neutral testimony
-querent co-significator Moon, flows toward both Lots = + testimony
-Sun (as arbiter of right action) flows toward both of the Lots = + testimony
-Lot of Operations is posited in querent's house (1st house) = + testimony
-Lot of Rectitude is in 2nd whole sign house (succedent), which is still ok
-dispositor of the Lot of Rectitude = Venus: Venus flows toward both Lots, and querent significator Mercury flows toward Lot of Rectitude dispositor Venus = + testimony
...testimonies seem be favor a yes answer to this question; however, querent significator Mercury flowing AWAY from the Lot of Rectitude (right action) raised a red flag:
+further checking showed that the Lot of Operations is in a PITTED (blocked) degree of Virgo, and this pit being right in the querent's signifying house: that is a (decidedly) - testimony
+and, regarding the Lot of Rectitude, this is conjunct the "widow maker" star, Vindemiatrix! Also - testimony.

...so, taking these additional factors into account, although the answer is probably yes-that the querent will survive the anticipated operation-I also feel the answer to the further question " is surgery this year before summer a good idea?", is: NO!

piercethevale

That was of a priceless nature for me Dr. Farr. I have my own aversions to doing the surgery at this time for reasons I'd rather not go into.
I guess, I just have to bit the bullet awhile longer...maybe the rest of my life...as to being in this present condition.
I do realize it is all just a matter of mental adjustment. Still, it impedes on social interactivity and confidence.
I do so much appreciate your help and advice.
Cheers!
ptv

piercethevale

...and you've given me two more Lots [Operations and Rectitude] for my list in my Astrological Parts/Lots thread.
I assume these titles are only used in Horary?
...and as it turned out I had listed those names but now know they are of a Horary use [at least] and noted as such in the thread.
Thank you again.
ptv

Last edited:

dr. farr

Your welcome! And best wishes, perhaps for an operation at a later time!

Regarding the 2 Lots (Operations, and Rectitude), they were used in the Greco-Roman times (prior to the development of Western horary), and can be applied to natal, event, and mundane charts (as well as to horary)

dr. farr

The "Lot of Operations and Orders in Medicine", refers to all sorts of mechanical operations of a therapeutic nature (including surgery and manipulations; it would also apply to massage therapy, acupunture/acupressure, etc)
The part of the Lot name "...Orders", refers to medicines (therapeutic remedies): in the oldtime, what we call prescriptions (or directions for medicinal remedies) were called "orders", rx meaning "take thou" (an "order")
So, the Lot (aka "Part") of Operations and Orders, can refer to surgical and manipulative therapeutic measures, as well as to medicines (remedies) ordered (directed) for therapeutic use.

piercethevale

Your welcome! And best wishes, perhaps for an operation at a later time!

Regarding the 2 Lots (Operations, and Rectitude), they were used in the Greco-Roman times (prior to the development of Western horary), and can be applied to natal, event, and mundane charts (as well as to horary)

That's very informative, thank you.
As to the Lot of Operations, what I have listed is "Operations and Orders - Medical Procedures", would that be the full title of that Lot then? Does it mean just Medical Operations? [those d*** semantics, again] or...?

...and as to "Rectitude", I have from the"Free Dictionary" @ thefreedictionary.com :

"Noun.
1. Moral uprightness; righteousness.
2. The quality or condition of being correct in judgment.
3. The quality of being straight."

That is pretty much what I had been conjecturing that the "Part of Nobility and Honor" [Asc. + 19* Aries - Sun] was, mostly, all about. I guess I'm going to have to re-think that somewhat.

Again, thanks so much Dr. Farr, you've taken a load off of my mind [for awhile, anyways, as I'll wait until Fall to ask this question again.] I plan on traveling to England this summer, at last, and don't want to be cheated out of it by having some operation before hand that would end up prohibiting it. If I have to 'pass on' this year at least I'd like to depart with some peace of mind and a smile knowing that I had finally achieved the dream that I've had for years of seeing Glastonbury, Stonehenge and a few other places before I die.

I do kind of dread going through airport security with this device hanging on me though. I kind of feel sorry for the poor agent that has to "check it out" and the embarrassment of having to be "checked out".

Last edited:

dr. farr

That's very informative, thank you.
As to the Lot of Operations, what I have listed is "Operations and Orders - Medical Procedures", would that be the full title of that Lot then? Does it mean just Medical Operations? [those d*** semantics, again] or...?

Yes that would be the full title.

Yes, this Lot is only in reference to medical (all varieties of either surgical, manipulative or medicine/remedy based) therapeutic actions/activities.

piercethevale

Oh, I see you answered ahead of my re-posting of my last posting. {I had it up but quickly tried to pull it as I knew the question was incomplete and not worded right,}

Your 'Rectitude' is showing, Dr.

piercethevale

I forgot to add... as I had intended to ask... does this "Part of Operations and Orders-Medical" in any way vie for the same domain that the "Part of Surgery" claims to be the influence of [Asc. + Saturn - Mars] or is it more general...and or, yet also complementary?
Should one confer both, as I know Bonatti did mention a few Parts/Lots that needed to be consulted in pair.

If you ever find the time [yeah, don't laugh...I realize how much this forum puts demands out for your attention] it would be great if you looked over the list of Astrological Parts/Lots thread, in its state, and note any changes, additions or explanations that should be added to it.

dr. farr

The Part of Surgery would be more limited in that it would be strictly related to surgical procedures, whereas the Lot of Operations & Orders would be "wider" in the therapeutic field; the Part of Surgery could be used in complement with the Lot of Operations & Orders, however, I have always preferred simply using the Lot of Operations & Orders, in all therapeutic situations. One reason is that the Part of Surgery formula is the same as the Lot of Chronic Disease-now, I know that the same formula can be applied to various different specific areas/activities for delineation-however, whenever possible I like to keep things as simple (as allowable!), and so I have kept the Lot of Chronic Disease seperated from any therapeutic connections and always use the Lot of Operations & Orders, when delineating the therapeutic potentials.

piercethevale

Well, that one I find a bit odd, seeing as the opposite formula for the Part of Surgery [i.e. Asc. + Mars - Saturn] is known as the Part/Lot of Sickness.
I take it you did note my account of Uranus being conj. my Part of Damage on the day I was rushed to the hospital?
Initially I only noticed my natal Part of Surgery, which is in the next degree of Aries from my Part of Damage but is only 24' 22" of a degree away.

The "Part of Damage" was nearly entirely new to me. I had heard of it and listed it, but had never investigated it, and it didn't 'file' in my mind [so many Parts/Lots and even more titles for them all] and it is a relatively new Part to the awareness of astrologers that ascribe any possible influence to Trans-Saturnian Parts...it can only have been known since the discovery of Neptune in the 19th century [legends, stories, myths of civilizations of antiquity possessing advanced sciences and highly developed culture withstanding.] So, thus all the while I was in the hospital I kept think. Part of Surgery, it was only after I got home 12 days after surgery, and checked all my sources, that I became aware of the other.

I am assuming, presently, that this Part of Damage may have been the culprit responsible for my sudden need for surgery. Not having had much experience with the Part of Surgery I have been assuming it to be the indication of when it is favorable for surgery, not when surgery will become imperative. [Which, if that is the case, I couldn't have made out much better of placement than to have the two different Parts so closely together....only even closer, I suppose.]

ps. I should have noted that here in Orangevale, Calif. on March 31st [as I developed the symptoms sometime during the night and woke up with them having the operation in the later part of the afternoon...about 3 pm, I believe it was] that Uranus went from 04* Aries 53' 05" to 04* Aries 56' 30" in those 24hrs. My Part of Damage being at 04* Aries 58' 23" could just as easily be a few minutes of a degree either way considering the Asc. is part of the formula...meaning that Uranus might have been 'Top Dead Center' on this Part of Damage or possibly closer to my Part of Surgery if the recorded birth time is off by only a minute either way...if two minutes, then...{!?!? Although, I was born in a hospital, I don't think time was kept so accurately as "To the second" in hospitals in the early 1950's and I don't know if the nurses [or doctors] that do record such times are that concerned about accuracy that close...although I sense that timekeeping is more accurately kept in present day hospitals, what with everything being determined and kept in record digitally nowadays.]

Considering that Uranus has an, apprx., orbit around the Zodiac of 84 years it certainly was of precise influence....IMHO...

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member

I plan on traveling to England this summer, at last, <...> If I have to 'pass on' this year at least I'd like to depart with some peace of mind and a smile knowing that I had finally achieved the dream that I've had for years of seeing Glastonbury, Stonehenge and a few other places before I die.
I do kind of dread going through airport security with this device hanging on me though. I kind of feel sorry for the poor agent that has to "check it out" and the embarrassment of having to be "checked out".

I don't know if you have been through security lately, but after my husband had hip replacement surgery a few years ago and had to be specially checked out, he was taken to a private area and treated with respectful consideration. I have every expectation that you will receive the same, and that it will mark the beginning of a wonderful, long-wished for adventure.

Cheers to you.