Aunt on Facebook

david starling

The term "the criminal population" is preposterous.

Somehow white collar crime by white people is neglected, with racialized stereotypes perpetuated by right-wingers. Somehow the high level of exoneration of African Americans for crimes they didn't commit fails to register with the right-wingers. Somehow the frequency with which minorities are shot and killed while minding their own business doesn't enter into right-wing thinking.

But I suppose it's easy to insist on one's personal views when one refuses to read up on the evidence.

I can't help it.

13% looks like Sangers project worked

Fatherless homes

First step act

Question not answered: Why have black women opted to have smaller families, either by using abortion or contraceptives?

david starling

Both. As times have progressed as abortion is means of birth control.

It is in Sweden. Sanger was adamant about her belief that abortion should not be considered as an acceptable means of birth control--only as a last resort if a pregnant woman's life were in danger.

Planned Parenthood began betraying that belief a few years after her death.

eekndyn

Yes sir, I cant answer for sweden we already had this discussion. I was just stating facts how black Americans were disportionately outnumbered in terms of population.

waybread

That is just not true. Are you telling me that white neighbourhoods are full of white men doing carjackings and armed robberies and driveway shootings, but no one is reporting it so they don't get reported or caught? :unsure:

NO, 911 tells the story. There is more violent crime in the low income neighborhood. You know it and I know it. It is not about the police making it happen by being there more. It is about police RESPONDING to the calls for help.

There were 82 people shot in Chicago last weekend. It was in the black neighbourhoods. Don't try and tell me there were 83 people shot in the suburbs but no one reported it. :bandit:

The only reason I am emphasising this is because BLM is being dishonest when they claim the police are harassing them.

The police go where they are called. They don't want to hang out in dangerous areas. They go where they are dispatched.

Katydid, I'm sure your police officer relatives are great, but there is just too much evidence-- these days caught on cell phone videos-- to deny the reality of police harassment and unnecessary violence against suspects. I truly get that police officers must make instant decisions iin the midst of a crisis, and that they are entitled to use deadly force to protect themselves. I salute the many fine police officers doing their duty conscientiously and without prejudice. But they are not all choir boys and girls, and you know this.

Some get their jobs terminated for violating their force's regulations. Some get tried for murder. Kneeling on a man's neck for 9 minutes is unconscionable. Shooting into a home without announcing it's the police and getting the wrong house is unconscionable. (And yes, her Black boyfriend was entitled to Second Amendment rights.) Yet this is how George Floyd and Breonna Taylor died. Their cases are not unique. (Presumably white people can defend themselves under Second Amendment rights, but not Black people?)

The problem is respectable, innocent Black people getting stopped when officers don't believe they could live in a nice neighborhood, drive a nice car, or shop for expensive consumer goods.

Some crimes don't involve police calls to a violent crisis situation.
https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/white-collar-crime

I don't know how many minority youth get nabbed for insider trading,embezzlement, misuse of company property for personal gain (theft,) or intellectual property theft.

Maybe the Mafia is no longer organized by men of Italian (i.e. white European descent.) But the last I heard it wasn't run by Black youth from poor neighborhoods.

Last edited:

waybread

The trouble is that some of you seem to define "crime" in racialized ways.

I assume you're all familiar with the following crimes by white people. They're on a scale that makes selling loose cigarettes (which led to Eric Garner's death through a police chokehold) look trivial.

Bernie Madoff: swindled thousands of investors out of an estimated $64 billion dollars, including organizations' pension plans and life savings.

Martha Stewart: domestic diva and media queen, jailed for insider trading.

Senator Ted Kennedy probably killed staffer Mary Jo Kopechne when he drove off a bridge late at night into a pond. He didn't report it till the next day. He got a mere 2-months suspended sentence for leaving the scene of an accident.

Harvey Weinstein, convicted sexual predator

Jeffrey Epstein, convicted sexual predator of under-age girls.

Should I start on organized crime with the Mafia?

Look at how you define crime, please.

Dirius

The trouble is that some of you seem to define "crime" in racialized ways.

I assume you're all familiar with the following crimes by white people. They're on a scale that makes selling loose cigarettes (which led to Eric Garner's death through a police chokehold) look trivial.

Bernie Madoff: swindled thousands of investors out of an estimated $64 billion dollars, including organizations' pension plans and life savings.

Martha Stewart: domestic diva and media queen, jailed for insider trading.

Senator Ted Kennedy probably killed staffer Mary Jo Kopechne when he drove off a bridge late at night into a pond. He didn't report it till the next day. He got a mere 2-months suspended sentence for leaving the scene of an accident.

Harvey Weinstein, convicted sexual predator

Jeffrey Epstein, convicted sexual predator of under-age girls.

Should I start on organized crime with the Mafia?

Look at how you define crime, please.

So you mean:

Democrat donor who swindled money from investors.

Democrat tv-star jailed for insider trading.

Democrat senator who might have killed 2 people.

Democrat donor who raped women.

Democrat donor who was a sex-trafficker and child molestor.

Yes I see the pattern, it is quite clear.

Last edited:

david starling

Most "white collar crime" is committed by "white people"--no surprise there.

The Smurfs, on the other hand, account for less than 1% of "blue collar crime".

david starling

So you mean:

Democrat donor who swindled money from investors.

Democrat tv-star jailed for insider trading.

Democrat senator who might have killed 2 people.

Democrat donor who raped women.

Democrat donor who was a sex-trafficker and child molestor.

Yes I see the pattern, it is quite clear.

What's really amazing is that there are no Republicans of any race who have been convicted of any white collar crimes!!!

Last edited:

Dirius

Jessica Doty Whitaker
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-argument-over-black-lives-matter-family-says

An Indiana mother was fatally shot following an argument with a group of people over the Black Lives Matter movement, according to her family.Jessica Doty Whitaker of Indianapolis was killed while walking with her fiance, Jose Ramirez, on July 5. The fatal shooting occurred after 3 a.m. local time when the couple encountered a group of four men and a woman with whom they got into an argument over the Black Lives Matter movement and its messaging.

Whitaker had said "All lives matter" in response to a comment on the Black Lives Matter movement.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

david starling

Jessica Doty Whitaker
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-argument-over-black-lives-matter-family-says

An Indiana mother was fatally shot following an argument with a group of people over the Black Lives Matter movement, according to her family.Jessica Doty Whitaker of Indianapolis was killed while walking with her fiance, Jose Ramirez, on July 5. The fatal shooting occurred after 3 a.m. local time when the couple encountered a group of four men and a woman with whom they got into an argument over the Black Lives Matter movement and its messaging.

Whitaker had said "All lives matter" in response to a comment on the Black Lives Matter movement.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

As I posted on the BLM thread, the confrontation ended peacefully, and the shooting happened after they had gone their separate ways. Shooter has unfortunately not been identified.
Her fiance was armed, it was dark in the wee hours of the morning. Does he have enemies of his own, who might have been stalking them? We'll probably never know.

Last edited:

david starling

I suggest that anti-BLMers use the slogan "End Police Brutality", instead of the obvious parody "All Lives Matter" devaluing the BLM slogan.

Unless of course, an anti-BLMer thinks the police can do no wrong.

david starling

It was the 2nd murder this week.
I suggest BLM change their slogan to All lives matter.

That wouldn't work, because the perception is too strong that black lives don't matter as much to the police as white lives. And there are stats and personal experiences to support that perception, unless one absolutely refuses to admit it.

It would have to be the unwieldy slogan, "All Lives Matter including Black Lives".

waybread

David, as you know, Blue Lives Matter is another movement, which draws attention to police officers who die in the line of duty. I wouldn't trivialize it with Smurfs.

Eekndyn, as some of us have previously explained, of course, "all lives matter." Unfortunately that statement is too often used to distract and detract from the real import of Black Lives Matter. Too often, the surviving family members of African Americans killed by police are left feeling that Black lives do not matter to the larger white American public. The import of Black Lives Matter is that Black Lives Also Matter. Black Lives Matter Just As Much As White Lives Matter.

Then if some of you are so worried about Black Marxists taking over the country:

Dylann Roof: a young white supremicist who opened fire in a Black church, killing 9. He stated that he hoped his killings would inspire a race war.

Timothy McVeigh: the Oklahoma City federal building bomber killed 168 and injured 680.

Stephen Paddock fired over 1000 rounds of amunition from his Las Vegas hotel room into an outdoor concert audience, killing 58 and wounding 413.

Adam Lanza killed his mother, then opened fire in the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, killing 20 children and 6 staff members.

Unabomber Ted Kaczynski mailed 16 bombs, ultimately killing 3 and injuring 20 people.

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold walked into Columbine High School in Colorado heavily armed, ultimately murdering 13 and injuring 20 prior to committing suicide.

Not an African American or Democratic party donor among them.

eekndyn

Making it even more prevalent why all life's matter. Bad people on both side good people on both sides but we are talking about police brutality. Correct?
Trayvon Martin 2012
Mike brown 2014
Eric gardner 2014
Tamir rice 2014
Freddy gray 2015
Sandra bland 2015
All happened during democratic ran cities under obama/biden
Even george Kirby and the Wendy's guys
Maybe its those who are in the seat that need to be revised.

david starling

Making it even more prevalent why all life's matter. Bad people on both side good people on both sides but we are talking about police brutality. Correct?
Trayvon Martin 2012
Mike brown 2014
Eric gardner 2014
Tamir rice 2014
Freddy gray 2015
Sandra bland 2015
All happened during democratic ran cities under obama/biden
Even george Kirby and the Wendy's guys
Maybe its those who are in the seat that need to be revised.

It's much worse now, with Trump in office.

david starling

Maybe every country should maintain public (as opposed to museum) statues of unsavory historical figures. I would be in favor of a large, well-sculpted statue of Donald Trump prominently displayed in Washington D.C., to remind us of past mistakes, and to help avoid repeating them.

How about a statue of him holding up a bible right after tear-gassing and shooting rubber bullets at peaceful protesters when he emerged from his bunker?

Last edited:

eekndyn

Maybe every country should maintain public (as opposed to museum) statues of unsavory historical figures. I would be in favor of a large, well-sculpted statue of Donald Trump prominently displayed in Washington D.C., to remind us of past mistakes, and to help avoid repeating them.

How about a statue of him holding up a bible right after tear-gassing and shooting rubber bullets at peaceful protesters when he emerged from his bunker?

I agree like this one

Attachments

• trump-rushmore.jpeg
    trump-rushmore.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 21