Not many young men interested in astrology? dismissive even?

WHYNOT

Banned
It seems all the young men I speak to - I say young - I am young myself but I mean men basically up to 30+ who seemingly have no interest in astrology - I've literally never met another man who is not dismissive of it or extremely skeptical?

why could this be?

Why indeed?

Well, I have a son in late 20's.
He has grown up in a world that demands "proof"/ "evidence" of any phenomenon that exists outside of accepted reality.

Notice that I say "accepted ". (means- Status uo)

I see that my son has had his Reality shaped & moulded for him by outside forces too much. This is because today's so- called "education" is very restricted
and narrow
-it actually denies human observation in favour of accepting "Outside Authority"
which is so fake and unreal . And it truly leads Humanity "Up the Garden Path"
in terms of genuine evolution.

Yes ..We are actually living in times of where Humanity is DEVOLVING !!

Astrology and such other genuine human pursuits do not feature in todays "Education".

Today's education only moulds people into the "Job Market."

Humanity today is living in very Fake times.

I really despair.

I am hoping at some point to enlighten my son into realising the fake & narrow world we live in.
I really hope to show him one day that Astrology points to a far bigger reality
-ie it truly proves that there's far more to Human Existence

than working as a slave to a job...as designated by today's more & more FAKE reality /awful education, and living as a wage slave.

HUMANS do not exist to just earn money to live!!!!

ukdesifem

It seems all the young men I speak to - I say young - I am young myself but I mean men basically up to 30+ who seemingly have no interest in astrology - I've literally never met another man who is not dismissive of it or extremely skeptical?

why could this be?

Why shouldn't they be? I think that's pretty natural.

Osamenor

Staff member
In my experience, people of any age and gender who are willing to discuss astrology in public without dismissing it are in the minority. Most people have the "it's not scientific, it's just old superstition" mentality. Which isn't helped much by the people who talk up fluffy pseudo-astrology: the "I'm a Gemini, so I can't date a Pisces or Virgo" kind of stuff. Serious astrology is a very niche interest.

COMET

I'm a young guy and men my age dont believe in astrology because some parts of society sees astrology as weird and can make people ostracize you based on their belief system , moral or religion

CapAquaPis

why could this be?

Generational, I guess. In the 1960s-70s, astrology was popular among baby-boomers, both men and women, though seems like women are more present in the field of astrology than men. I'm 37, male and likes astrology, more so than in my tweens and teens in the 1990s. I lost interest because of my skepticism, but my life seems to remind me astrology may influenced it the way it has been. So I returned to astrology to learn and find out more on influences in my past and where I'm headed for in the future.