Wisdom tooth surgery, nerve damage risks, hard transits

nepredil696

Hello everyone,

I hope that someone here can help me, as I have some questions regarding my wisdom tooth extraction.

One of my wisdom tooth need to be extracted as soon as possible, as there is a high chance of infection if it remains in the mouth any longer.

However, the dental surgeon informed me that this would not be a straightforward surgery because the root of the tooth is hooked onto the nerve, and there is a very high chance of nerve damage if the tooth is removed. This can result in loss in sensation in lower mouth area. This nerve damage can be temporary or permanent.

The date for the surgery is not fixed, but it will be sometime next week, may on 26th Mar'15. What concerns me is that during this time, I will be facing some transits that could potentially complicate the surgery:

* Transitting Saturn in Sagittarius is retrograde
* Transitting Uranus square natal Mars
* Transitting Pluto conjunct natal Mars
* Moon in Gemini
* Transitting Sun square natal Neptune
* Only two trines: natal Sun trine transiting Venus, transiting Sun trine natal Saturn

Traditionally, bones fall under the rulership of Saturn, and Saturn being retrograde does not bode well for dental surgery, at least I believe so, I could be wrong.

Mars under stress signals hasty action, accidents, pain, inflammation, bleeding etc..Basically all the stuff you don’t want around you when you’re having surgery. During this time my natal Mars is under heavy stress.

Uranus is associated with nerves, and since nerve damage is a high possibility with my surgery, a square between Uranus and Mars indicates that nerve damage will occur, and it may be permanent. Also, I have read from many sources that it is best to avoid surgery when Moon is in the part of the chart that rules/associated with the body part to be operated. So I feel Moon in Gemini future indicates that nerve damage will occur and will be permanent, as Gemini is associated with the nervous system, even though the nerve is not exactly the part that will be operated/removed.

It seems to me that the date of my surgery is not ideal. But these hard transits last for a long duration, and I might not be able to keep the surgery aside any longer or risk infection.

I would really appreciate if I can get your opinion of my above assessment. Are the chances high for nerve damage, and is there indication that nerve damage might be permanent with these transits/aspects? Since this is an elective surgery, should I keep this aside as long as I can, and find another date to undergo the surgery?

Really need your help with this :crying:

Marinka

Post your chart with the transits. Instructions for doing this are located in one of the threads in the Read My Chart section.

nepredil696

Ok natal chart with transit attached. Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Attachments

• transit.gif
    transit.gif
    58.3 KB · Views: 32

Marinka

Don't have much time now to elaborate but, I concur that the Mars is under siege (for lack of better words) by both Uranus and Pluto. It's exact enough that if I was in this position, I would delay the surgery until the aspects are not as close but not to far out as this could also indicate a growing infection (Mars). If there is an infection, they should be able to buy some time with antibiotics.

If I have time, I'll revisit the chart later to see if there are any positives.

With a chart like this (and with Uranus involved), there is a good chance that you are not going to be able to plan this and there might be some last-minute changes so, be prepared for that.

nepredil696

Thanks a lot for getting back to me quickly, much appreciate it!

Yes, I agree Mars is highly stressed especially with Uranus involved, and it would be preferable if I waited till after these transits. However, Trans. retrograde Pluto conjunct Mars is a very long transit and I don't think I can wait for that long to undergo the surgery.

To me the best option would be to hold off the surgery till at least Mars is not in stressed aspect with Uranus. Especially since the surgery involves high risk of nerve damage. My main concern is not just the nerved damage, but also that the nerve damage could be permanent. I feel trans.Uranus square Mars amplifies the chance of causing permanent nerve damage.

I found another date, which I feel is more suitable for the surgery. Attached is the transit chart for the date. Yes, some of the stressful aspects still remain (T. retrograde Pluto conjunct Mars & T. retrograde Saturn conjunct Saturn), but there are quite a few easy aspects, which I hope would mitigate the situation.

Would like to hear your opinion on this, thanks a lot for the help!

Attachments

• transit1.gif
    transit1.gif
    58.5 KB · Views: 24

Marinka

I agree that this date is better as Uranus has moved on. Pluto is going to be around and with that, make sure that you have blood work done before the surgery to make sure that all is OK before the event.

Can you move the date either a bit earlier or later - transiting Saturn is pretty much exact to the conjunction of natal Saturn and it would be better if it was a degree or so on either side. The moon is also right on the cusp of the 4th, better to have it a few degrees already into the house.

Last edited:

nepredil696

Thanks for the reply :big grin:

I'll see what I can do about shifting the date, it all depends on surgery slot availability, but I'll keep 1st May as the fall back date. *Fingers crossed* and hope for the best :pinched:

Thanks a lot for the help!

Marinka

Thanks for the reply :big grin:

I'll see what I can do about shifting the date, it all depends on surgery slot availability, but I'll keep 1st May as the fall back date. *Fingers crossed* and hope for the best :pinched:

Thanks a lot for the help!

Good Luck and update the thread when it's the surgery is concluded.