North Node & POF in Horary

Senecar

I wonder if these are used in Horary readings, or not.
If they are, what are their priorities in making judgements?
Any reference source for these in Horary?

Senecar

The one I have got is,

Bonatti on Horary,
Treaties 6: On Questions

He seems going through 1st - 12 house, and regarding various Horary Questions how to deal with them. But cannot see anywhere discussing POF or NN in there. Do you have the book yourself? Which page would it have that information?

I have just skimmed it over, as other books arrived (more modern ones), and I was reading them first.

Chrysalis

This is what i use NN/SN and POF for....

POF i only ever use for Finding lost objects, money, income. Personally lost objects i've used POF mainly for up to now.

NN/SN i look at in all my horary charts, (well 9/10 as sometimes i forget) the moon thats within 12 degrees of the NN/SN applying or separating is severely debilitated and can't function. That's the only way i read the nodes.

Senecar

I have skimmed through a few Horary books, and they seem not major points in making judgements for the questions.

Another book I found excellent for Horary is by Marion March and Joan McEvers called "The Only Way to Learn About Horary and Electional Astrology"

It is written very clearly with many charts.

There seem no mention on POF, but on NN/SN, she says that they are not much relevant for Horary, they feel, but still one can experiment with it with real readings, and if it works for them, should use it.

But as you said, I think I paid attention to POF in the house in finding the lost item in my last horary chart, and it was very useful in coming to the answer.

Oddity

Don't trust March and McEvers on horary, that's a dreadful book.

I have all of Bonatti's works, but I can't read them for you. You'll need to do that yourself.

Senecar

Don't trust March and McEvers on horary, that's a dreadful book.

I have all of Bonatti's works, but I can't read them for you. You'll need to do that yourself.

I see. I was wondering which Treatise of Bonatti's book and what page he describes POF in conjunction with Horary readings.

What other books do you own for Horary? Which ones are the best you reckon?

Cap

I wonder if these are used in Horary readings, or not.
If they are, what are their priorities in making judgements?
Any reference source for these in Horary?

Note: these descriptions are based on my personal practice and are not entirely in accordance with traditional authors, since I don't follow the same philosophy.

With that being said, I mostly use just POF (part of fortune) and POS (part of spirit) in horary.

POF indicates querent's "outer world", circumstances HAPPENING TO HIM. It indicates querent's money and possessions as well as querent's body and health when relevant in questions. It indicates good fortune, success and luck (or lack of it) happening to the querent. You get general picture of this by looking at POF's dispositor but it is really aspect of relevant significator to POF itself that is strong indication.

POS indicates querent's "inner world", querent's state of mind, his inner nature. When the situation is such that querent has a choice, a decision to make, it indicates which way this decision may go. In general, it indicates ACTIONS INITIATED BY THE QUERENT, as opposed to POF and circumstances happening to him. It also indicates querent's reactions (inner impressions) to circumstances (through indication of his state of mind).

Both POF and POS are really two sides of the same coin, just as "inner" and "outer" world are inseparable.

Senecar

Very interesting and helpful post. Thank you for sharing Cap.

I am now including POF in all Horary chart readings :)
I am not sure how to generate POS when casting charts.
Maybe it has to be calculated?

Cap

Very interesting and helpful post. Thank you for sharing Cap.

I am now including POF in all Horary chart readings :)
I am not sure how to generate POS when casting charts.
Maybe it has to be calculated?

POF = ASC + :moon: - :sun:
POS = ASC + :sun: - :moon:

(in day charts)

In night charts it is reversed, by using day POF formula you get POS and by using day POS formula you get POF.

Senecar

POF is described in Bonatti's another book called,

Bonatti on LOTS

Guido Bonatti's Book of Astronomy Treatise 8.2
Translated by B.N. Dykes

pp.1044