putting it all together in an SR

gemastro

This upcoming SR has it's pros & cons, and after reading lots on solar returns, I'm still not sure how to put it altogether.

For starters, SR Jupiter conjuncts N Sun, BUT both square the SR Moon

the SR ASC lies in my N 1H (health problems?) BUT conjuncts N VTX (meet a significant person? I'm single)

Also, SR NNode is conjunct N Neptune (health problems?) BUT SR Neptune is in SR 5H - which is rules by Pisces - so maybe it's a good year for romance (also a neptune theme...)

T Uranus & Pluto are starting to square & oppose my N Venus, which is really scary to me, since I definitely want more financial & love stability - not upheaval & heartache... but these are both worse next year, so I"m not sure how much it affects this year's chart...

thanks for any insight! I'm confused...

Attachments

• 2013_sr.jpg
    2013_sr.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 40

Winterborn

I wouldn't worry about SR Jupiter conjunct N. Sun squaring N. Moon. To me all that says is overindulgence, and possibly overspending (since Jupiter will be transiting your 2nd house). Since Jupiter is the greater benefic, even hard aspects it makes are rarely that difficult. Sure, it could possibly mean increased expenses, but you need to look at the whole chart, your natal potential, other transits, etc.

Your N. 6th house comes to the SR first, which puts an emphasis on work and health, and other 6th house issues (like pets, efficiency, daily routine, co-workers, etc.) Doesn't necessarily indicate health problems in itself. Remember you need to find AT LEAST three major indicators of something before you can begin to feel confident that it will come to pass.

SR Neptune in SR 5th, with SR Asc conjunct your natal Vertex -- could be meeting somebody and having a dreamy love affair. ;) But remember, Neptune is rose-colored glasses, too. So you could glamorize the situation and possibly deceive yourself. I'd say be cautious about your heart, because when Pluto does come to oppose your Venus, you will probably go through some changes in your relationships -- doesn't mean it's all bad, just something to be mindful of.

SR NN conjunct Natal Neptune (this will happen to me next year) -- The fact that it's in the 6th house shows it can affect any number of 6th house matters. But the NN is generally a positive influence, showing new possibilities and opportunities. Conjunct your Neptune, it could open up new insights and intuitions, maybe spark an interest in alternative healing methods like hypnosis or flower essences. Increase in imagination, etc.

SR Moon conjunct N. Mars -- well, it's in your natal 5th of love affairs, which is already pretty active with Pluto/Uranus/Mars there natally. I find it kind of hard to read these Astrodienst charts. The best way to look at a SR with a natal chart is to put the SR on the inside, imo. Unfortunately Astrodienst doesn't do this. But your SR Moon is in the SR 11th, and that's where you will find some changes or restlessness. Again, with Pluto/Uranus transiting your Venus, you may find friendships changing -- and with SR Moon conjunct N. Mars, maybe a friendship will turn into a love relationship. But yes, arguments/conflicts could be part of it, too.

Here are a few tips/reminders:

First, remember nothing can happen that isn't promised in the natal chart. So take a good look at your natal chart, your finances and relationships and all the other areas that you're concerned about right now to see how strong those areas are. Check not only the planets in the houses and the aspects they make, but the rulers of the houses (planets that rule the sign on the cusp), and the aspects they make.

So, look at your 2nd house, the planets in it, their aspects, Venus, her aspects, etc. Having both Ven/Me in Cancer (and Sun/Mer in 2nd) shows that financial stability is important to you, and on the positive side, you probably are smart and careful about your money so you can weather any changes. You've already been experiencing some of these changes I'd imagine in the past several years as Pluto has transited your 8th house. What happened when it opposed Mercury, which rules your 2nd house of income? Or when it opposed your 2nd house Sun?

Next, look at transits and progressions. Which ones will reach exactitude during the SR year? Focus on those. Keep your orbs tight, like 30' on either side of exactitude. Bernadette Brady suggests even tighter orbs -- 12'!

Next, look at the SR by itself, noting which house the Sun is in, where the ruler of the ASC is, what natal house comes to the first house, where the Moon is, etc. Then print out your Solar Return chart alone, and write in your natal planets and cusps around it. I think this makes things clearer -- just my opinion, obviously. ;)

I love Solar Returns, but it's important to keep in mind that they're just one tool for predicting, and you really need to consider several before you can make any guesses about what's coming up.

Zarathu

Account Closed
There is a wonderful sticky in the solar reutrns area for reading solar returns. its one of the best I've ever seen anywhere, and I have several books on them.

Personally I find them so general that they don't measure anything accurately.

I prefer planetary returns whcih are specific for certain parts of our lives and they make much more sense to me. if I want a general idea of all the challenges awaiting me over the next several years I look at a 2ndary progressed chart, cqlculated for the birthday, and time(and same location un less the individual moved during the first 3 months of life) of the natal chart.

JUPITERASC

Here are a few tips/reminders:

First, remember nothing can happen that isn't promised in the natal chart. So take a good look at your natal chart, your finances and relationships and all the other areas that you're concerned about right now to see how strong those areas are. Check not only the planets in the houses and the aspects they make, but the rulers of the houses (planets that rule the sign on the cusp), and the aspects they make.

So, look at your 2nd house, the planets in it, their aspects, Venus, her aspects, etc. Having both Ven/Me in Cancer (and Sun/Mer in 2nd) shows that financial stability is important to you, and on the positive side, you probably are smart and careful about your money so you can weather any changes. You've already been experiencing some of these changes I'd imagine in the past several years as Pluto has transited your 8th house. What happened when it opposed Mercury, which rules your 2nd house of income? Or when it opposed your 2nd house Sun?

Next, look at transits and progressions. Which ones will reach exactitude during the SR year? Focus on those. Keep your orbs tight, like 30' on either side of exactitude. Bernadette Brady suggests even tighter orbs -- 12'!

Next, look at the SR by itself, noting which house the Sun is in, where the ruler of the ASC is, what natal house comes to the first house, where the Moon is, etc. Then print out your Solar Return chart alone, and write in your natal planets and cusps around it. I think this makes things clearer -- just my opinion, obviously. ;)

I love Solar Returns, but it's important to keep in mind that they're just one tool for predicting, and you really need to consider several before you can make any guesses about what's coming up.
Those excellent tips from Winterborn are likely to provide the inspiration to want to explore Solar Returns in more depth - if so, then do check out "How To Interpret A Solar Return Chart" posted by starlink at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17763 :smile:

gemastro

Thanks for the thoughtful analysis!! I think it makes a lot of sense... I'll report back once my birthday new year is underway :)

"Next, look at the SR by itself, noting which house the Sun is in, where the ruler of the ASC is, what natal house comes to the first house, where the Moon is, etc."

The Sun/Jupiter conjunct in on the cusp of the 8/9 houses... Would you interpret this as affecting the 8th, 9th or BOTH houses?

thanks again!

JUPITERASC

....The Sun/Jupiter conjunct in on the cusp of the 8/9 houses... Would you interpret this as affecting the 8th, 9th or BOTH houses?...
Another factor is that the Sun/Jupiter conjunction would influence matters concerning the houses ruled by those two planets as well i.e. the Leo, Sagittarius and Pisces houses :smile:

gemastro

I tend to think that the Sun/Jupiter combo is more likely to emphasize 9H matters since Jupiter is the natural ruler of the 9H anyway, but I WANT it to be 8H so that I get a windfall somehow or have great sex or get a tax break or all of the above :)

In general, I never know how to interpret planets at the very end of a house, especially w a conjunction like this, so I'm always curious about the rules

Re house rulerships for these: 3H, 10H & 5H would be the houses influenced by Sun & Jupiter...
-> House 3 & 9 are a little general for me, ie, I understand what they mean but don't really know how it plays out in a practical sense... I don't travel much anymore, although I do hope to go back to school in some capacity, so that consequence of this chart would be fantastic.. if I can afford it!
-> House 10 is interesting because the MC & IC in this chart are an exact inversion of my natal chart, ie, my natal IC is 3 Aquarius... hmmmm... I hope that I don't move
-> House 5 is ruled by Pisces this year and contains Neptune... it could relate to 9H conjunction as dating someone foreign ?? It's interesting because my 2014 SR has Jupiter in the 7H (see attachment for 2014 SR) Next year is scary, so I want to have a good, stable year in 2013 so that I can handle next year.. :unsure:

Attachments

• 2014_sr.jpg
    2014_sr.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Winterborn

I know how you feel. I have Jupiter in my SR 8th this year, on the cusp of the 9th. I want to read it as being in the 8th, especially since Saturn's in my SR 2nd. ;) A lot of people would say a planet within a couple of degrees of a house cusp should be interpreted as being in that house. For example, March & McEvers say (regarding SRs) "any planet within 3 degrees of a house cusp activates that house," and any planet within 5 degrees before an angle activates that angle. But other astrologers have different rules (different orbs, etc.) so you will eventually find what works best for you.

I'm inclined to think that you could see influences of both planets in both houses. One thing to look at is whether there are other indicators of 2/8 house matters in your chart, or a lot of indicators of 3/9th house matters. Because if a big event occurs, it will be reflected in more ways than just a planet in a house. You'll see connections among many different things. For example, having the Sun/Jupiter conjunction shows some element of luck and good fortune. And then, Jupiter co-rules your SR 2nd house (income) and the Sun co-rules your SR 10th house of career. Jupiter also rules your natal 8th house. So all those things could relate to money, making it look more like an 8th house SR Jupiter. Maybe a raise at work (10th/2nd) allows you to buy something big and you take out a loan (SR Jupiter in 8th).

Re: rulerships. Do you have "The Rulership Book" by Rex Bills? You definitely should buy it if you don't. It's essential! :) It tells you EVERYTHING the houses and planets rule. Going back to school, maybe getting a student loan -- that seems to fit with this SR chart (although I haven't looked at it in detail). Double check your progressions and transits to see if they verify that.

The 3rd house is also networking, your immediate neighborhood, siblings, communications, vehicles, short trips, etc., etc. ... 9th is religion, the law, higher education (among other things), and the fact that your SR and natal 9th/3rd are connected, with so many planets in both is another indicator of education. 5th house/Pisces/Neptune and 9th conjunction ... maybe you will meet somebody foreign, or maybe you will meet somebody in school. :)

Zarathu

Account Closed
A Solar return is a good general presentation for the year ahead, but often times its a jack of all master of none in its generality. Often if you have specific questions you can benefit more by a planetary return.

Did you have a specific kind of question about the next year that you were looking for in a solar return?

gemastro

Hi Zarathu,

My specific questions for next year are: Will I have the opportunity to have financial stability & a committed relationship?

By planetary returns, do you mean aside from the Solar Return? eg Venus Return & Mars Return? I've attached those planetary returns, in case that's what you meant..:biggrin: Not sure about how to cast a Jupiter Return, because Jupiter has been retrograding over it's natal position in my chart for the past 7-8 months... Do I cast it for the first pass (august 2012), or the last pass (april 2013)?

Last, I've read that the returns are just an extension of whatever's shown in the progessions & transits... 2013 thru 2015 Key Transits & Progressions involve a lot of Venus - which could be love & money, but w Pluto who knows...

T Pluto Opposes N Venus
P Venus Conjuncts N Pluto
T Pluto -> 9H

T Uranus squares N Venus

T Jupiter conjuncts Sun, then Mercury, then Venus

T Saturn conjuncts N Neptune

BTW - My 2014 SR has Pluto & Eros EXACTLY on the ASC, plus SR Mars 9H opposed SR Uranus 3H AND SR Saturn 10H opposed SR Venus 4H.. ugh. So I want to hope for the best in all the Venus progs/transits, but my SR's are not pretty - especially next year...

I really need a professional reading, before next Fall but I have to get a job first.. :wink:

Attachments

• venus_return_2013.jpg
    venus_return_2013.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 20
  • mars_return_2013.jpg
    mars_return_2013.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 31

gemastro

Hi Winterborn,

Y, I'm inclined to think that the Sun/Jupiter conjunction will affect both 8/9 houses, due to the fact that Sag is the ruler of my Natal 8H and the natural ruler the 9H... Also, I hadn't thought of the 2H co-ruler, so thanks for pointing out that in particular.. Finding patterns - especially in 3's - the astrology rule that I've read all over the place... Glad you concur.. So hard to read your own chart because there is so much invested in the outcome..

Re dating someone from another country - that is entirely possible due to the fact that I live in somewhat of a melting pot...When Pluto opposed my Sun and squared my Mars, I was attracted to people who I NEVER thought I would be attracted to... Not foreign but just a different type, or a different background I guess... I'll have to go back & look at 9H for those returns.. (Solar/Venus/Mars)

Thanks for the tip re the astrology rulership book! I hadn't heard of it...I've been really into the Celeste Teal books - hence, diving into all the planetary returns! I love her book on the Nodes... I believe that they are very overlooked and fascinating to consider. Sign/House placement & any planetary conjunctions/oppositions have been SO true in my experience looking at my own chart and others.... I have NNode conjunct Jupiter in Gemini, which is a little confusing! I think it is very true for me, though, and I do go back to C. Teal's book every so often to read the related passages..

thanks